Tough knock question

what is your chip burned for? it says you have 2 chips in your sig? with 93/alky the timing is usually 24/21 so running 18/16 is a big difference as far as fueling is concerend

Ok, called Eric. He said with the reduced timing and boost there still shouldn't be a problem. I think I am a tad bit rich though. I'm going to pull more fuel and see.

Ok, called Eric. He said with the reduced timing and boost there still shouldn't be a problem. I think I am a tad bit rich though. I'm going to pull more fuel and see.
didnt mean to mislead you! you should be just a bit fat still though (i would think) now that you went through with your last post and gave us more details it gives us a better picture. honestly your best bet would be to hold off on beating on the car and get that powerlogger up and running, recalibrate the wideband and then have at it

Just got a laptop yesterday, and got it up and running, and found the place at fullthrottlespeed.com that has the powerlogger downloads seeing as how I can't find my cd any more :( Will load it up today and see if there's any clouds out so I can take it for a few shake down pulls. After that, will switch to high octane and do it again for comparison.

I can NOT get this powerlogger stuff installed on this laptop. WOW this stuff is hard... They make it sound soo easy, but none of the shit that's in the instructions is actually in the powerlogger files. There is not a single .exe file anywhere to be had. I don't get it.

I can NOT get this powerlogger stuff installed on this laptop. WOW this stuff is hard... They make it sound soo easy, but none of the shit that's in the instructions is actually in the powerlogger files. There is not a single .exe file anywhere to be had. I don't get it.

FullThrottleTech.Com

What Version of Windows?

Just got a laptop yesterday, and got it up and running, and found the place at fullthrottlespeed.com that has the powerlogger downloads seeing as how I can't find my cd any more :( Will load it up today and see if there's any clouds out so I can take it for a few shake down pulls. After that, will switch to high octane and do it again for comparison.
if you don't have your cd and you got a another computer other than the original your likely out of luck as powerlogger is not free for download as far as I know.

I was told it was. Everything you needed was supposed to be on that site.

Everything is on the FullThrottleTech.Com site not Fullthrottlespeed.com.

3.Plug USB cable into ECM and laptop.
4. Turn Key ON/Engine Off.
5. Hit the Windows Start icon.
6. Right click "Computer".
7. Hit "Manage".
8. In the window that pops up hit "device manager"
9. You will see "powerlogger" and another devise called "USB serial port" listed, both will have a yellow (!) next to them.
10. Right click on one of them and pick update driver, you will have a choice to either let the computer automatically find the driver or you can browse for a specific location. You want to browse to the desktop and just pick the "Drivers" folder listed in the PL files you downloaded. Do not pick any specific driver, just pick the folder and let it do its thing.
11. Now, do the same exact thing for the USB serial port, steer it to the powerlogger driver folder and let it do its thing. (this was the part that screwed me up for 2 hours and I saw nothing about this anywhere, I thought something was wrong with my serial port).
12. Thats it, takes about 10 min. During the process (step 4 and beyond), the laptop has to be connected to the ECM and the Key On/Engine off until completely finished.

Ok. Figured out how to get to device manager. (my startup menu never had a "computer" in it to right click) Windows 8 is nowhere NEAR the previous version. I hate it too lol.
At any rate, problem one was that while little powerlogger came up with the yellow exclamation point next to it, the usb serial port never did.
When I tried to install the drivers, the same message came up as last time "File won't load because the dash is missing and this could mean a corrupted file or a file thats been tampered wtih"
Now what do I do.

Last edited:
Ok, got it. It appears as if the cereal thing with the exclamation point comes in after you download the powerlogger thingy first. Got it all downloaded and running. I hit the space bar a few times. We'll see if I logged anything. Anyone know how to check that?

Never mind. I see that no logs got logged... dam... Apparently hitting the space bar to end the log doesn't auto save into it's own little file... Like all the other computer programs do :(... Wow. Ok, will do some more pulls tonite.

Hit F8 to Log and Spacebar to Record, hit Spacebar again to stop Recording. From there go save it.

Ok, this doesn't make any sense to me, but here's what I saved.

Attachments

• pass 2.dat
    102.5 KB · Views: 64
  • pas 1.dat
    74.4 KB · Views: 61
When you get a chance hook up your WB and the MAP sensor. Also there are a couple of chips in your signature, which one are you using?

When you get a chance hook up your WB and the MAP sensor. Also there are a couple of chips in your signature, which one are you using?

I can't see the logs but good point on the WB and Chip. If you are using 6.1 make sure closed loop correction is turned OFF until you get a WB hooked up.