You can type here any text you want

Tuning with WB and Alky

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pronto

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot.
Since there is a thread in the general tech section on coolant missing/detonation/lifting heads/head gasket failure with alky injection I was wondering how one would tune with a WB and alky injection to lower the chances of that happening? I am considering a WB and Powerlogger setup to refine my tune. Could someone elaborate on the steps and target O2 with Alky to get in a "safer" a/f range at WOT (yes I know at anytime things can go boom). Before any tuning I will check/replace plugs/wires, fuel filter, etc. Thanks.

Since there is a thread in the general tech section on coolant missing/detonation/lifting heads/head gasket failure with alky injection I was wondering how one would tune with a WB and alky injection to lower the chances of that happening? I am considering a WB and Powerlogger setup to refine my tune. Could someone elaborate on the steps and target O2 with Alky to get in a "safer" a/f range at WOT (yes I know at anytime things can go boom). Before any tuning I will check/replace plugs/wires, fuel filter, etc. Thanks.

Ive always shot for 11.3-11.5:1 with the alky. If you run race gas with it you can add in timing and usually you can pull a few % of fuel to make even more power since the a/f number usually goes richer with the added timing. It has to do with the amount of unburned mixture going in the exhaust.

Just read 3 links from Jerryl on another thread. Very interesting. From what I can decipher, Lambda measures the O2s regardless of what fuel. Experts are recommending .8 which converts to about 11.3-5. Good starting point. Thank you. This board is great. So much info is stored on these pages and freely given by people that have experience. I really appreciate it.

Julio posted this in his sticky. The number he suggested was 11.3 with ALKY.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/alcohol-nitrous-propane-tech/147348-tuning-alkycontrol-kit.html

Back