Tuning with WB and Alky

Pronto

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot.
Since there is a thread in the general tech section on coolant missing/detonation/lifting heads/head gasket failure with alky injection I was wondering how one would tune with a WB and alky injection to lower the chances of that happening? I am considering a WB and Powerlogger setup to refine my tune. Could someone elaborate on the steps and target O2 with Alky to get in a "safer" a/f range at WOT (yes I know at anytime things can go boom). Before any tuning I will check/replace plugs/wires, fuel filter, etc. Thanks.

Since there is a thread in the general tech section on coolant missing/detonation/lifting heads/head gasket failure with alky injection I was wondering how one would tune with a WB and alky injection to lower the chances of that happening? I am considering a WB and Powerlogger setup to refine my tune. Could someone elaborate on the steps and target O2 with Alky to get in a "safer" a/f range at WOT (yes I know at anytime things can go boom). Before any tuning I will check/replace plugs/wires, fuel filter, etc. Thanks.

Ive always shot for 11.3-11.5:1 with the alky. If you run race gas with it you can add in timing and usually you can pull a few % of fuel to make even more power since the a/f number usually goes richer with the added timing. It has to do with the amount of unburned mixture going in the exhaust.

Just read 3 links from Jerryl on another thread. Very interesting. From what I can decipher, Lambda measures the O2s regardless of what fuel. Experts are recommending .8 which converts to about 11.3-5. Good starting point. Thank you. This board is great. So much info is stored on these pages and freely given by people that have experience. I really appreciate it.

Julio posted this in his sticky. The number he suggested was 11.3 with ALKY.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/alcohol-nitrous-propane-tech/147348-tuning-alkycontrol-kit.html