Ultimate 109 carnage

40 psi of boost 29 degree timming with 93.. Damn that sux atleast the parts are still good for the next build.

Motor was purchased from a board member and was built locally near detroit. I dont believe it had anything to do with an improper build. Its just what happens when you expect to make horsepower with a production piece. It was the weak link. I have the utmost respect for the guys that race in TSM, and think that the time and patience put into it are to be commended. I know i have learned alot from stepping into this project and my knowledge is ever growing. If it was not for surrounding myself with some exceptional talented group of friends, I would have not made it this far, so THANK YOU. As for TSM.. unfortunately it is not in my future, so I plan on doing some local X275 racing with the new stage2 build with some weight reduction and maybe a couple TSO events.

Those are the new left-center and right center turbo 3 cylinder blocks, hell with on-center and off-center.

That is pretty nasty, good luck with the new build.

Bryan

It must have been the tune-up that caused the block to split.

With that we can't run 35 degrees of timing, on 87 octane and 38 PSI. We should be able to go faster with the Stage motor, seeing it has the extra head bolts I've heard this is worth a tenth in the quarter. :)

Looks like that block could have used some concrete in the coolant passages :D

Sorry for the loss though! Good luck with the new block :cool:

I saw a block at Ans performance that was on the stand broken in two peices. I think it was a stage1 block .

Yes, they are stock mounts that have been reinforced and welded. And the next setup will have these mounts on it, as well as a midplate that is currently in works.

I think with the limited time the TA block has been out and the already selective few that can properly build our buick engines. It is
just an easier transition for me, besides I already had the block. I'm not saying the TA block is not a viable piece and it obviously can handle the horsepower, but cost wise makes better sense. It is already going to be a substantial amount with all the changes I want to make on the car. On a side note, curious if CHAMPION is ever going to get their blocks out to the public.

Last I heard it was a no go due to money required and the demand isnt there for enough people to put up the deposit to get the project off the ground. Call Tom maybe things have changed since last year. I didnt even think to ask him at the Nats this year.