You can type here any text you want

UPDATE !! Morel Lifters ? LOOK !!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

m233roller

Banned
Iv'e got my engine out as I blew a head gasket, went to clean my Morel lifters and three of the Damn things are falling apart.????
I can't believe all the JUNK S--T Iv'e bought for these wimpy ass tractor motors in the 24 years Iv'e been at this game. I'm getting closer and closer to LS1 power. !! or a new Hellcat.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    845 KB · Views: 548
Last edited:
While its frustrating you did blow the headgaskets so something was screwed up somewhere to blow it up and the lifters suffer along with everything else. I've had factory ls roller lifters let go with similar issues.

I remember a few years back somebody here had the same problem with their Morels falling apart like that.

Yes I blew the head gasket on the number 6 hole but those two lifters with the axles coming out of them are out of number 3 and the head gasket was really not a severe blow. Iv'e blown head gaskets alot worse in the past and have never hurt a lifter and I just can't wrap my mind around the axles falling out or coming loose from a blown head gasket?? I too remember a post about that guy having the axles coming out of his Morel lifters.

Last edited:
That's why Isky has gone to bushings instead of needle bearings. Unfortunately, they don't have them for Buick V6's. How many miles on the lifters? I have about 15,000 miles on my Comp 885's.

Mike, when were the lifters purchased?

3k miles?!? I've got 800 miles on my Morel lifters on a small cam, new cam for the new build isn't

Well dam...I saw the other post and do remember a few years back the morels having issues. Friend local with a 427 TT LSX had a comp hyd roller lifter fail and the needle bearings went all through the engine. SO dam with Comp with the clickity clack from the inner bores not being machined right and Dam with morels. I inspected my Morels and they looked secure. Hope you didnt hurt your engine bad from it

Wow ! I feel for him as a good friend of mine here had the same thing happen last year. I do remember checking these out real good when I bought them just to make sure there were no loose axles. Lucked out as there is no damage to the lifter bores.

I have the same lifters with around 1200 miles, bought them last May or so.......... they are running quiet for rollers ......... at the moment ~

Nope 3 years ago. So I'm sure I'm just SOL.
Well, maybe, maybe not. I also distinctly remember the problems early on with some of the morel lifters. They may warranty it based on the historical findings?
For those who do not recall the issue; this is by no means an attempt to degrade the morel lifters. I believe that shortly after the findings the inventory was inspected and problem communicated and fixed at the factory, and remember inspecting my lifters to make sure the pin was secure. I have had zero problems with the lifters in my 14 second slug. . . . But I have slept a few nights since reading that hahaha.
Glad you found it. Good luck.

Well, this is a brand new Morel lifter bought in August of 2014. When installing I just happened to touch the roller and noticed it ticking. When I looked at it I couldn't believe my eyes. Several of the needles were missing! 2 other guys that saw it were stunned. The other lifters were fine. I have no idea how this got by inspection. The box had a sticker on it saying inspected or boxed by (name forgotten) so who ever packed it missed it all together. If I hadn't noticed this it would have been a disaster. Sent it back and was given a new one. I will never trust any part new or used from any source now without at least looking at closely and if possible test it's function. Sorry I forgot to make it public. Fixed.

Last edited:
Hell mine were quite as a mouse, never any noise out of them. I also checked them over very carefully when I got them.

damn 10k miles on my mine, something else to worry about.
I need new lifters??? comps???? -- (That was for Pacecarta lol)

Back