Went To The Track Today......

even with the motor out its hard not to sit in the driver seat and make turbo noises!!!! of course he was driving it!!!!!!!!

lol

Post pix of the damage...r u ok? how hard was the hit?

john;)

I Had Mt's On My 87 And I Spun It Out On The Highway. Everybody Be Warned These Tires Are Terrible In The Rain!

even with the motor out its hard not to sit in the driver seat and make turbo noises!!!! of course he was driving it!!!!!!!!

lol

Post pix of the damage...r u ok? how hard was the hit?

john;)

My car has a cover on it now. Damage is only body work. Car runs exactly the same. Insurance will cover every dime so it will be fixed. Collector car insurance has its' advantages at times. I am keeping my car so it is not for sale nor are there any spare parts. Thanks- Brad

Ouch :( , I don't blame you for covering it up. I'm be sick having to look at my car in that condition, but it definitely looks repairable.

How's it going with insurance company? I hope they aren't putting up a fight.

great news that you are keeping it!!! glad you are OK, and Im glad it will be covered!!!

cant wait to see it complete and running right!!!

john:D

Thank HEAVENS. I was getting worried for a while:eek: We have ALL been to the edge before.... My car is still sitting in a garage minus intake, turbo, downpipe. Bad separation from ex...:mad: , becoming a single parent:confused: and a MBA degree just about drove me NUTS:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: I will get my T back on the road soon. But I must give credit, HOT AIR guys are loyal... Brent, Jamie, the Infamous LEEo Thompson, Mr. Dwayne Thompson, John, cool84,Nivek, the Eric's: Ruybulid, Singer, jerryl and many other been there..Oops how could I forget Louie.. Many have have wanted to throw towel... I chased my AZZ for months before I found a Leeo post on ECS.... a new Autozone..... yes Autozone ECS solved it.

did you get your estimates yet for the damages?

A buddy of mine just got in an accident with a 1949 dodge truck that was crazy modded... they extimated the damagages at 10K!!!!! It was a fender, bumper, grill, light and paint! The paint is 8+ years old, and the truck was a weekend driver, not his show car (he has a 23 T-Bucket for that).

Im not sure with the classic car insurance, but can they totally a classic?

John

did you get your estimates yet for the damages?

A buddy of mine just got in an accident with a 1949 dodge truck that was crazy modded... they extimated the damagages at 10K!!!!! It was a fender, bumper, grill, light and paint! The paint is 8+ years old, and the truck was a weekend driver, not his show car (he has a 23 T-Bucket for that).

Im not sure with the classic car insurance, but can they totally a classic?

John

The estimate is $7500 repaired with original used parts. The car was dropped off to the body shop last Wed. Collector car insurance means they either fix the car or pay the agreed upon value. In my case the agreed upon value is way to high for the insurance company to go that route. The damage is solely to the body-drives same-no radiator or AC leaks. I will let you know when it is done. Thanks- brad

Brad,

Glad you're hanging in there. Let me know if you need parts as well, I have extras so check with me. After my 3rd rebuild, I just ran it and heard some
nasty knocking. After dropping the pan I saw disaster. The bearings look
like somebody took a pick and stabbed them a gazillion times. I have sunk
thousands in this car and have thought about throwing in the towel. However,
these cars are too special and certainly rare. Anyone can take an IC car
and get results. I think i'm done with the rebuilds in the garage, let me know
if anyone has a short block for sale!!!!

My car has a cover on it now. Damage is only body work. Car runs exactly the same. Insurance will cover every dime so it will be fixed. Collector car insurance has its' advantages at times. I am keeping my car so it is not for sale nor are there any spare parts. Thanks- Brad

Just remember Brad....I brought this one back. Yours will be ALOT easier! Especially if the ins co is paying for it!! Good luck and keep us posted. ---Keith
DSC00145.jpg

clara 027.jpg

WOW!!! that thing looks amazing!!!

I wish i had the $$$ to make my car look that nice!! Heck...Im just trying to get it put together!!! lol

John:)

Thank god there were only cosmetic damages!!!

Things happen, since I started using this page, people have been of great help and Brad has been one of them always, I know I speak for all of us when we wish u the best and we all know that you'll get that thing running right soon, just please as let us know what was it so that we all know where to look and dont become another suicide statistic when our cars begin to act up!!!!!

Best wishes!!