You can type here any text you want

What ratio roller rockers? 206 ductile roller, & ported stock heads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87 WE2

Going to be running ported stock heads, exhaust guides cut down to intake guide height with a 206/206 ductile roller cam.

What ratio roller rockers? 1.55, 1.66, or 1.65? or stick with stock replacement rockers on HD shafts?

Street car, little track use on drag radials. Thanks

Rr

You will not gain any HP with RR . i would go with the stock rockers with the HD shaft and use a push rod length checker for each valve. Set lash at .030 and order custom length hardened push rods.

I personally like the reliablity factor of roller rockers and it definitely make pushrod selection easier...If it's a money issue that's different, but if not I say do it...And I say if it's not going to screw up your valve spring choice (if you've even made one yet) then why not go with a high ratio.

Can make more hp if getting bigger ratio because lift will increase. Know that youll have to have valve covers if stepping up to r rockers. good luck

Can make more hp if getting bigger ratio because lift will increase. Know that youll have to have valve covers if stepping up to r rockers. good luck

I still have my factory valve covers, just went with RJC spacers.

87 WE2

I have ran 1:55's and 1:60's with a 206 cam and you WILL make alittle more horsepower with roller rockers and bumping the cam lift up. Went from 4:96 lift to 5:12 lift with 1:60's.

87 WE2

I have ran 1:55's and 1:60's with a 206 cam and you WILL make alittle more horsepower with roller rockers and bumping the cam lift up. Went from 4:96 lift to 5:12 lift with 1:60's.

Thanks Mike, do you know what the lift change is with a 206/206 to 1:55 roller rockers?

87 WE2

Was this on OE heads?
What brand Roller set up did you use?
Did you have to adjust the rockers to line them up to the valves?

With iron heads you will gain about nothing with more than about .500 lift.

won't the exhaust guides need to be cut down for anything over .500 lift?

larrym said:
won't the exhaust guides need to be cut down for anything over .500 lift?

Id check all that on anything over .450" lift

Back