What'll she do? Prize for the winner

imjoesnuffy

I just break stuff!
Gonna make my first pass down the 1/4 since rebuild in a couple weeks, maybe BG at the Nats.

Here is my Combo:

STD Bore, stock crank, forged pistons
Mild porting/polishing on 8445 heads
Mild porting on intake, EGR deleted
Stock TB and plenum
206/206 Comp hyd roller cam with new springs
60# injectors
AFPR
Walbro Hotwired
Powerstroke front mount with 3" piping
LS1 MAF and translator plus
PT-51 as high a boost as I can with no knock (Neighborhood of 25psi I hope)
Running at least 116 octane, timing in the neighborhood of 24/26
3000 Stall L/U convertor
Stock trans recently rebuilt with TCI "pro" stuff lol, and shift kit
3" THDP, cutout and 2.5 exhaust
8 lbs in driver side, 25 in pass side air bag
MT ET Drags 26x10s 18lbs
Might have ATR bar in the rear, waiting on the brackets for the LCAs
90/10 Shocks up front
50/50 in the rear
Considering removing the front sway bar if the ATR bar is in.
E-brake launch

To make it fun and get max participation in this. I am offering any 1 item that I still have left in my ad http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/parts-sale/215910-lots-stuff-looking-trade.html shipped to them free of charge in the continental US to the person with the closest ET, ties settled by MPH. Excluding the heads I won't pay to ship the heads. No its not anything fancy but you might need it, or know someone who could use it. Or throw it on ebay! Besides it gets you to look at my ad!

If it all sells/trades I will send the winner $20 via paypal.

Limit one guess per person. Fastest pass of the day will be what it is based on. Will post the timeslip here as well. If you need any additional info, post up and ask.

Take care,
John

I'm gonna say 11.12 @ 121 with a 1.59 60ft time. 26psi and 26* timing across the board on 116 octane and the slicks on 12psi cold, locking the converter and zero knock retard. Launch it like you stole it and hang on. It should run that easily, if the tranny holds together.
The biggest power adders you have on your setup are the ported heads and ported intake combined with a 206/206 roller cam. You might want to consider an RJC power plate with that stock plenum to help keep the back two cylinders from leaning out at high boost. New fuel filter, plugs gapped at .032. That combination is going to absolutely fly. 60ft is your friend, but I'm afraid the 26x10s aren't gonna hold e-brake launches at that power level. A set of 27" tall or 28" tall slicks would really help. I'll be taking pics between rounds of running my own car, what is your car? GN, T, T-Type? Wheels? Member #? So I can make sure to watch for it with the camera.
See ya at Bowling Green.

Patrick

You cant miss my car. I can guarantee there will not be another there like it. Look for the 85 GN with the hood with the two distinct holes where the wrench went flying through it.:eek: Long story. Stock HA rims up front, ARE chrome in the back for the slicks. LIC plate: TRBO6

Paint looks like crap, interior looks like crap, no rust though.

Tranny was first, engine just got done with, interior is next (picking up seats at BG :D ), paint this summer. Gonna keep spending money on it until the ol lady threatens me with divorce.

Don't have a # yet, will register with whatever Buick association that runs it when I get down there.

What day is the best to run? I was thinking Tuesday. Have never been to BG for the Nats before. Have a friend coming up from Georgia, but he won't get there till Friday.

Honestly, until they really prep the track and or get some good rubber laid down by the big tire cars, it's kinda a crap shoot. It's best to watch the local weather and pick a good temp day if you're shooting for a fast time. Lane choice really isn't that big a deal either. I always prefer the right lane tho, makes it easier to see the tree when concentrating on boost level. Then again, if you're just shooting for a good time, leave when you want.
See ya there.

Patrick

Are we talking first run of the night?, or best run of the night?

First run 12.13@112mph

Best run 11.43@118

Good luck and enjoy the car.

Best run of the day is what it will be based on.

Motor is running pretty good now. I have seen no knock as of yet. I have ran 2 tanks of gas thru it and changed the oil twice, once after initial break in and the 2nd at 500 miles. With 93 octane pulls hard to 12psi, it has a 91 chip in it at the moment, not gonna push past that yet. Gonna get some race gas tomorrow, shorten the actuator and turn up the timing and work on the tune. :D

Got a little squealing going on from the belt now. I replaced the belt tensioner as the old one was cracked and picked up a new belt no help. Thinking either the parts people don't know what they are doing or I have a different pulley on there somewhere. Probably the alternator, but will go to the parts store again and get a shorter belt.

Got the belt issue fixed. Loaded the tank with 116 octane and shortened the actuator as far as it will go. More to follow!

Powerstroke IC and a 51:cool: Same combo in 8uwith6 's car and ran a tad better than what Patrick guessed yours to run.

If only running 26" tall tires and trying to get a perfect launch, im going to go with a 11.45 at 116. You really need to tweak the suspension to get the 60' mark in the right place.
Dont expect to run excellent every pass, let the car cool off and if you get lots of knock, just let out and make sure its good to go on the next time around.
You might not need 116 octane in the tank, it may be overkill.
Get the boost to 25 and get the timing where you need it, its gonna fly! :cool:
BW