You can type here any text you want

Where to get front tubluar control arms?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jdpolzin

Ok, planning to upgrade front A arms. Where is the best pricing? What should I be looking for. I would ultimately like to change the uppers and lowers. I see GBodyParts sells tubular uppers but I didnt see the lowers expect for the SPOHN set. I looked at summit and jegs and only found hotchkis brand. Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks! -----Jeremy

HMMM wonder if they sell them without the ball joints? I plan to use the Howes ball joint to lower the car along with 5658 MOOG springs.

TRZ performance makes uppers and lowers, but the Gbody uppers are the best bang for the buck.

I run Gbody uppers and they are great. I installed them along with drop springs, new bushings and Blazer brakes. It took me a little longer than an hour though :-).

I wish Brian had lowers to match. If he did, I would buy a set. Where do I find TRZ products?

I see that global west sells a specific Arm for turbo cars due to heat from the down pipe. Do the GBodyparts ones have specific bushings as well? If I bought the GbodyParts arms, where would I find just the lowers? It almost seems as if you need to buy the entire set or just the uppers?

Also, do these aftermarket control arms utilize stock replacement ball joints? The reason I ask is if I order the Howes Ball Joints, are they going to work?

I'll throw my name behind Spohn. I run some of their stuff on my 93 Z28 and I'll be running their stuff on my GN. Very good quality components and chrome-moly construction. Just my 0.02

Whichever you get make sure it has the taller spindles like the Global West negative roll system. Huge handling difference. I liked them so much on my GN I put them on my 65 Vista Cruiser. The wagon handles better than my wifes GN now.

Whichever you get make sure it has the taller spindles like the Global West negative roll system. Huge handling difference. I liked them so much on my GN I put them on my 65 Vista Cruiser. The wagon handles better than my wifes GN now.

do these change the ride height?

Steve87GN, do these utilize stock size ball joints? Also, I wonder if they make special bushings for our turbo cars?

Steve87GN, do these utilize stock size ball joints? Also, I wonder if they make special bushings for our turbo cars?

They use Moog greasable ball joints as picutred here...

752_ball_joint_installed_big.jpg

As for bushings, they come standard with polyurethane bushings but are available with Delrin bushings should you so desire them. Also, as a side-note, these are also available in a coil-over ready unit as well. Go here for the different choices...

http://www.spohn.net/category.cfm?categoryid=1196

Hope this helps.

HMMM, Good info, I think I will like to go with the SPOHN a arms as long as they will except a stock size BJ. Or maybe Howes can help with this amd knows which part number to use?

Well guys, I am finally completely sold on what I plan to do after some research and being on the phone with 10 different people for multiple hours. I hate to say it but I do intend on spending a little more $$$ than my budget originally called for but i think it will save me in the long run. So here is my plan.

First of all, I did originally intend on using SPOHN lower control arms that are $395 for the set but after talking with the guys here: Savitske Classic & Custom
I have ound that ther is no need to spend the money because they only weigh a small fraction lighter than stock and really do nothing for the ride and control of the car. So with that said, I will be going to NAPA and buying a new set of rubber bushing for the lowers and getting them powder coated black.

As far as BALL JOINTS go, I do intend on using their Stage 2 package which runs $619 I believe and will include Howes upper and lower ball joints for both sides.

the upper control arms will also be included with the Stage 2 package and a fully adjustable. The will also include greasable racing bushings which are not going to be affected by the heat of the down pipe.

Springs, basically i am going against s,c, and c am will be using MOOG 5658 springs to accomplish a 1 drop from factory height. The guy at s,c, and c told me to stay away from MOOG springs because they come in different heights and the quality has gone downhill. I am going to gamble ad go with them becuase the parts store has them for $60 and I have heard a lot of people say they are very happy with them.

The reason for going with s,c,and c's Stage 2 kit is becuase they will leave me room for future upgrades to the brakes and after talking to them, they are very helpful. Might as well spend a little more now than be unhappy later.

Those arms look pretty cool, but I did not see spindles mentioned. Are you going to use taller spindles, or your G-body spindles.

Seems expensive if you do not get the handling or braking benifits. The Global West negative roll upper arms, B-body spindles, 12 inch rotors and Camaro calipers cost me less than a grand. The change in the camber curve makes the car drive very different. The first time I threw it into a corner I was sold.

My .02, worth everything I charged you for it

HAHA! Thanks for the info, they said they have 3 different adjustment setting for street, strip, or street course set ups. Did the B-Body spindles change your ride height? They do have spindles that are ready for C5 brakes for the front. Those upper arms are good for stock spindles or aftermarket. could you post a website that shows the prices and description of you set-up? Also, did you use stock replacement ball joints or taller ones? I am wondering if the aftermarket arms use stock replacement ball joints or need specific ones?

Back