You can type here any text you want

Where to get good body bushing kits?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

groumoutis

I am not much of a suspension guru to say the least. I am looking to make the car handle better. I'm not looking to make it into a auto cross car or anything I just want to actually be able to take corner above 30 mph. The car is in the factory set up with the suspension right now and I know the poly bushings will help a lot but I don't know who I should get them from or which kit to get.

Thanks for the help.

Get the Energy suspension kit comes with the GNX bushing also it can be bought anywhere online! 3.4141 is the part number they come in red and black!
Chris

Cornering isn't really a bushing issue, particularly for your intention of improved street manners. There are two basic schools of thought: swaybars or springs. Swaybars keep the opposite wheel planted on the ground in a turn. Springs determine the rate and degree of compression on a side, end or corner of a car. Shocks control the compression and rebound of the springs. I can't advise you on the right springs or swaybars but internet searches for g-body cornering or handling will produce some results you can copy. Here's one: http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5697

John makes a good point here. Most guys look at either the springs or the sway bars and let it go at that. The suspensing is a system just like the operating system that keeps the engine running so you need to look at the whole picture if you want it to work better for you. Just upgrading the sway bars won't change the ride quality but will give you better handling if that's all you want, but if you get a good set of shocks then it will enhance the control even more. Measure the cars ride height and see if the springs are worn out to see if you need to replace them. The ride height is measured at the rocker pannels either right behind the front wheels or right in front of the rear wheels. It should be 9.125 to 10.625" height. If you're below that then the springs need to be replaced.:)

One thing I can add is stay away from SC&C for the parts. Marcus is a salesman and not an engineer. While he can spout quite a bit of info on the parts, he's had nothing to do with the engineering of any of the parts he's selling and doesn't use the parts himself. If you want to get the same aparts he sells you can get them for less just by searching for them, and they'll be new. The adjustable uppers ones he sells can be bought off amazon for almost $100 cheaper so keep that in mind.:)

I went out and measured the ride height of the car and the front measured 9 1/8 and the back measured 10 even but there is about 150 lbs of stuff in the trunk right now. I believe the ride height is good. I am just looking for a little better handling. I'm not wanting a all out auto cross car. The car seems to have quite a bit of roll over in the corners and I thought it might be the bushings. I am open to all the expert opinions. I don't know enough about the cars suspension to know what should fix it. The sway bars may be the answer but I don't know. The body roll is the part that I am more or less trying to get rid of.

Send me a PM with your email and I'll foward you a list of parts that should help you. Once you get it if you have any questions I'll be more than happy to help you out.:)

One thing I can add is stay away from SC&C for the parts. Marcus is a salesman and not an engineer. While he can spout quite a bit of info on the parts, he's had nothing to do with the engineering of any of the parts he's selling and doesn't use the parts himself. If you want to get the same aparts he sells you can get them for less just by searching for them, and they'll be new. The adjustable uppers ones he sells can be bought off amazon for almost $100 cheaper so keep that in mind.:)

The only thing that may be true in this statement is that Mark does not have a college degree in engineering,
and, if you own a company that sells parts you are a salesman, yes.
Otherwise,
Mark has been a Paid and unpaid consultant regarding the Design of many of the parts he sells. (not all, not most, but many)
He was approached by CarTech books to write the book "How to Make Your Muscle Car Handle".
He has used many of his parts on his '85 442, which he has since sold, and also uses many of his parts (and tests new parts) on his 86 Monte Carlo (which he Still owns).
The SPC adjustable upper A-arms for the G body are available through Amazon (sold by another company) for $190.00 Each. SC&C sells them for $355 a Pair (that's less!)

He was thinking about being a paid vendor on this site, but he kept seeing posts like this, and he just didn't want to deal with this kind of crap.

Back