You can type here any text you want

Which Roller cam to use?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

newtownhood

Car Audio and Electronics guy.
Ok, so it was suggested that I go with a roller cam, but I'm not sure which to use. My car is currently in pieces, but this is what I have/ordered so far:

.030-over Diamond Pistons
Eagle Crank and Rods
red top injectors
93 Chip
2800 Stall Convertor
TA-49 turbo
straight exhaust

The car is going to be a semi-daily, and I don't mind a rough idle. I was considering going with bigger valves in the stock heads. I have a set of LT-1 Valvesprings, but I don't necessarily HAVE to use them. I was originally going with a speed-pro cam that was like 2 steps above stock, as it was recommended on this site like 3 yrs ago when I started the project.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:cool:

206/206, unless you plan to go bigger later. I have a friend with a 70BB, and 206/206 spools it great.

Call Dan at DLS. Let him know what you've got. If you want to get the best out of your car. Call an expert that will get you there. His info is in my sig. That takes any guess work out of the equation. Cause this thread will get lots of different answers from people using different cams.

i have a brand new comp 206/206 that i will sell you. it's a roller cam. 150 shipped

Shadows, did you ever run your car? I'm just wondering what kind of times to expect. What stall convertor did you run?

If I buy Turbo Cody's cam for $150, what lifters should I use? I was trying to find them in the Summit catalog and couldn't find anything Buick related. And Now I'll need springs w/130lbs of pressure? What springs are good? I'm sorry to ask so many questions, I've been out of the game for a few years.

I would buy a roller kit from a vendor, then you will have everything and not have to quess what matches what. Jack Cotton, Full Throttle, Bill Anderson and others too.

Chuck

IMO - Put big heads and larger cam in it. Always can grow into the motor.

Shadows, did you ever run your car? I'm just wondering what kind of times to expect. What stall convertor did you run?

If I buy Turbo Cody's cam for $150, what lifters should I use? I was trying to find them in the Summit catalog and couldn't find anything Buick related. And Now I'll need springs w/130lbs of pressure? What springs are good? I'm sorry to ask so many questions, I've been out of the game for a few years.

You have to go on summits website part# CCA-CL69-200-8

Ok, so it was suggested that I go with a roller cam, but I'm not sure which to use. My car is currently in pieces, but this is what I have/ordered so far:

.030-over Diamond Pistons
Eagle Crank and Rods
red top injectors
93 Chip
2800 Stall Convertor
TA-49 turbo
straight exhaust

The car is going to be a semi-daily, and I don't mind a rough idle. I was considering going with bigger valves in the stock heads. I have a set of LT-1 Valvesprings, but I don't necessarily HAVE to use them. I was originally going with a speed-pro cam that was like 2 steps above stock, as it was recommended on this site like 3 yrs ago when I started the project.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:cool:

I am completing my build which is similar to yours and went with Weber racings 212/206. Brian told me that they have not had a disappointed customer yet.

Cody's Cam is a good deal, but I sorta jumped the gun today and bought everything direct from Comp Cams as a whole. Cam, Valve Springs, retainers,roller timing chain/gears, and pushrods. I think it was about $1k. Is that a fair deal?

That's not too bad. You could have saved a couple bucks shopping but it doesn't matter now. One thing I would say is that you need to check your pushrod length when you assemble. The kit's will give you one that "should" work, but the only way to know you have the right size for sure is to measure.

I like radical cams in our cars. You get so many looks when the ildle lopes. Is that a BB? SBC? Nope its a V6:eek:

cam

Comp 206 for your current application.If you have future plans to upgrade turbo and converter go with 210/210 roller with ported heads.

206/206. I have a new one with new 853 lifters for $525 shipped if you want it. No more than that with a 12" converter. Use comp 941 springs at 1.750 installed

Back