Will a distributor fit with stock setup?

Do you think a distributer on a 9-10 second car will ....

• Reduce hp compared to wastespark?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Increase hp over wastespark?

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Do nothing, just a waste of time/money?

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Drive Bruce over the Edge.

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
turbobuick said:
You got balls

Here is the thread topic in case you forgot:

Let me guess you can get it to fit with your vastly superior knowledge of GM code. AAAHHH I see the light, thanks Bruce.

Try reading a little bit further. The original poster talked about having to change to a distributor, because of EST issues.

HighPSI said:
XFI does also. IMO, it is more of a benefit as the injectors get larger

Great, I was just responding to EightSec's post, BTW, does it give you a table, or just one offset to change?.

nisnutz said:
Is there a way using "code" to keep Bruce from posting?

Ya, we need to stop having anything tech or provoking, to make room for stuff like you just posted.

turbobuick said:
Better yet I even understand what I'm looking at when I go in to adjust it, unlike the dribble you posted

Sorry I lost you along the way, maybe if you asked a question I could break it down for you in a manner you could understand.

It's nice seeing you trying to contribute in such a positive manner (yes, I mean that in a sarcastic manner).

In case anyone wants to get back to the original post, and then the later issues he brought up......

Should I post the related issues brought up by others, that I was just replying to?.

Thanks for the laughs/ poll. I guess the era of trying to discuss things is about at an end.

norbs
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi due to the wastespark causing 50-70 hp loss, i plan on going to distributor. WIll this fit with the factory alt bracket/ ac? What are the options here?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats what the rumor is. The gen 7 has some features i want to use that requires a distributor. I am still finding out more info on the HP gain/loss
I have to go to the distributer to use certain feautures of the gen 7. I.e 2 step and over boost and ignition rev limiting. These features do work right now in the gen 7 on a c3 igntion. However once in a while i will get a violent backfire ,Due to the waste spark, igniting the un burned fuel. I bought a msd billet distributer for $19 so its worth the try.

Bruce and everyone else that posted something worth reading are great to have around. Good reading, even if I never use any of this info.

bruce said:
BTW, did you see any of the fast guys post any logs?. While I get accused of posting c--- they took to the hills when it came to posting any data. Not to mention your *claims*, that were just no more then guesses. Do you have any logs to support your statements?.

Thanks for the laughs...

Bruce,
2 times in other post I offered to pay for the engine dyno to do the testing to test my opinons and your facts. You have ignored the offer. No running here.

quickt said:
Bruce,
2 times in other post I offered to pay for the engine dyno to do the testing to test my opinons and your facts. You have ignored the offer. No running here.

So which/ who's car is going to have the capacity to run both systems, and DIS vs Distributor?. And to keep the comparo equal, is the Distributor going to run in non-CDI mode?, or is the DIS going to have a true CDI capibility?.

BTW, can you post where I even infered that a Distributor might not have an advantage at a given HP level?. All I've said in that reguard is that while it might have an 100 HP advantage at 1,500 HP, doesn't mean that a 750 HP will pick up 50. A dyno test would be a welcomed way of finding out if that assumption of making an extra 50 would be more then worthwhile, IMO.

bruce said:
Which post are you talking about?.

Why not just post some logs to support your opinions, and specifically what opinions are you talking about?.

Many post Bruce go back and read. Not going to debate with you. Simply pointing out that I personally am not running anywhere. More than willing to hash out what you reffered to as my opinions and your facts. Why not do it on a dyno in real life with real numbers that most will relate to Like HP and TQ numbers? Example C3I v/s Dist. 20 year tech gen7 that I have been made to use v/s Factory ECM of you choosing. The fuel cut you mentioned and the secret code that will make factory 87 C3I work with est cut for rev limiting. You are local. I will pick you and drive you to dyno.

bruce said:
So which/ who's car is going to have the capacity to run both systems, and DIS vs Distributor?. And to keep the comparo equal, is the Distributor going to run in non-CDI mode?, or is the DIS going to have a true CDI capibility?.

BTW, can you post where I even infered that a Distributor might not have an advantage at a given HP level?. All I've said in that reguard is that while it might have an 100 HP advantage at 1,500 HP, doesn't mean that a 750 HP will pick up 50. A dyno test would be a welcomed way of finding out if that assumption of making an extra 50 would be more then worthwhile, IMO.

THe engine will be on engine dyno. Take your pick. My stage motor, Scott Simpsons, Mike siler Stage motor, Phil Mcgloin all are going on engine dyno which one you want to use. Turbos from 70 to 88. Hell lets use that 3 accel 300 setup you got v/s dist. I am more interested in the HP and TQ of Gen7 v/s what you can make with the stock ECM. Never said you said anything about dist. You did say that dist was a band aid. Lets see why.

quickt said:
THe engine will be on engine dyno. Take your pick. My stage motor, Scott Simpsons, Mike siler Stage motor, Phil Mcgloin all are going on engine dyno which one you want to use. Turbos from 70 to 88. Hell lets use that 3 accel 300 setup you got v/s dist. I am more interested in the HP and TQ of Gen7 v/s what you can make with the stock ECM.

Never said you said anything about dist. You did say that dist was a band aid. Lets see why.

You're doing an excellent job of twisting issues together, anyway.

The issue was about the EST, and being forced to go to a distributor to take advantage of rev limiting, boost control. My point was that there was an alternative answer.

To use my set-up, as I mentioned earlier means using a Quick Start system, which of those engines, are so equipped?. If you want a list of pieces, I can send you a list, and wiring conversion chart. The adapter hub has to be fit to specifically to the intended engine, the tolerances are rather close.

If one of them has the ability to PnP DIS -> Distributor, then I can unplug my ACCEL Box board, and we can wire up a harness to interface them. If you want to pursue this, which type coils are being used?, I'll have to get a MSD adapter(s) to start putting a harness together for all this.

Which of those engines, are using saturated injectors, 60 PPH injectors?. If you want to evaluate my ecm, that's the only injectors I've calibrated it for. Unless, you want to spend hours dynoing one of those engines to optimise the tune.

I've made several distributor comments, in reference to specific issues. It seems that you're trying to run them all together. As far as forcing people to use it, because they don't want to spend the energy to code alternative boost/ rev limiting, yes, IMO, they did cop out. It would have been easy enough to offer alternative strategies, that didn't require using the EST.

This is a great idea and I hope if this goes down you guys do not gang up on Bruce. If everyone thought a like we would have no innovation.
While I am not going to run the stock ECU on my twin turbo stage motor but I have much respect for Bruce's efforts and passion for these cars.
I hope to run a BS3, XFI or Motec with a distrubutor on my junk.
Lonnie I wish you were doing this out west it would be great to see in person!

John Wilde said:
This is a great idea and I hope if this goes down you guys do not gang up on Bruce.
If everyone thought a like we would have no innovation.
While I am not going to run the stock ECU on my twin turbo stage motor but I have much respect for Bruce's efforts and passion for these cars.
I hope to run a BS3, XFI or Motec with a distrubutor on my junk.
Lonnie I wish you were doing this out west it would be great to see in person!

Don't worry about me, been wrong before, also will be in the future.
Doing the 3 CDI to Dis, is inviting.
Somehow I doubt the motors would be run with any saturated injector thou. :(

Ahh.....

Why not that MOTEC Coil Near Plug?..
It would be interesting to see if they have implimented a EST fix. After all it's just your money. :)

bruce said:
Why not that MOTEC Coil Near Plug?..
It would be interesting to see if they have implimented a EST fix. After all it's just your money. :)

Hey just so happens that I am considering coil near plug and no est issue with Gen7.:) . Guess those accel boys are not to bad with code. Not sure we can do the 60s 2 engines are 160pph others are 96pph. Well we can still do the dist v/s C3I. One thing I did want to see. How long it would take me to max out HP v/s the stock ECM. You answered that one.

Norbs asked me to close this thread because it has gone so far from the original issue and maybe even got a little bit heated....Since he is a board member I respect, and with a long history on the board, and, since he began this thread, I'm going to honor his request.

If anyone wants to open discussion about one or more of the issues that came out in the course of this thread, just open your own thread and go for it.....I encourage you to open a thread and discuss any issues you've talked about in this thread.

My purpose is not to stiffle open discourse, rather to honor the request of the person who began this thread, and, encourage you to begin your own threads. :)

Leeb

Status
Not open for further replies.