Winter is here whats everybody's project they got cooking??

Not much of a project, but I did buy & install one of those new-fangled LED shop lights - looks just like a a 2-tube flourescent, but has LED bulbs.
Wow :cool: - instant-on, and full brightness regardless of temperature (this month it has mostly been hovering in the low 30s out in the pole barn).
It was a little pricey, but also very low power use (38 watts total).
The extra light will help to see what I'm doing on other projects.

Not doing too much with my GN. Its left the garage once this year. Needs a power steering pump, steering box, and a fuel sending unit. Also got to pull the intake to reseal it. Been busy with work and this weather isn't helping. Also been busy getting my girlfriend Heather's Cobra back on the road. New clutch, trans overhaul, x pipe, full spring cleaning, weld in SFCs. Its a lot. Plus looking at a full restoration on my Silverado. I doubt I'll have much time and or money for my Christine. We'll see.

OK... I'm curious - what sort of "Cobra" ^^^ are we talkin'?

Just a stock '97. Nothing too special but its one of 678 built with black paint and saddle interior. Just a simple intake/exhaust car. Should run decent for what it is when we get all the issues ironed out with it.

That sounds like a cool ride :cool:, I suppose that it helps you [as a GN addict] that it is at least black :rolleyes:
I keep saying that everything has to be looked at in historical perspective, and those "early" Cobra Mustangs were forging a path forward for SVT. Good luck with getting everything worked out.

One of my local buddies has had 2 of the "Terminator" Cobras, they are quite impressive.

Leather interior installed
e35c01df4da4fe5997e24f279df8fb1a.jpg
a849cb37bd1e09eefe6504840eb00ec0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. That looks fantastic. How's the quality of the leather? Do you have that new car smell?! Lol

maybe its Corinthian Leather , looks good , local guy has the Jax leather in his we4 and i like that alot

finally got the ttop on its feet
did the intsant center relocate setup and tweaked the toe in
and then
spent the day with an XFI that had spring time startup blues (end of winter or whatever this is ill take it year round ...with less mud)
runs fine just threw a code they dont have in the book and check engine lamp on
turns out it the ITC box had a slight reaction to the B9 2.05 update i installed over the winter , reflashed back to 2.0 and all seems well

Attachments

• relocate setup.jpg
    relocate setup.jpg
    516.1 KB · Views: 121
  • mt pros.jpg
    mt pros.jpg
    738.7 KB · Views: 128
My old back can't handle any more snow. Kids all moved out or are in college leaving me to do it by myself. When the kids are home, everything is their fault. now that they're away, its still their fault.

Guess it's not really a project, but I just had Jim Dunn install some new Comp Cam 980 springs, the oil/water pressure console gauge, replaced the TCC solenoid and a few other miscellaneous things. I just picked my car up about a year ago, and have only put about 1500 miles on it. Prior to that, it only had about 400 miles put on it in the previous 8 years, so I'm slowly but surely making it right. Then I'll work on making it fast.

My old back can't handle any more snow. Kids all moved out or are in college leaving me to do it by myself. When the kids are home, everything is their fault. now that they're away, its still their fault.

^^^ I'll keep that in mind, had been thinkin' just about the same thing.
The only alternative is that it's my fault :oops:

With the nice weather almost finished up the rear end. It's all painted got the new oil in it. Pressed new bushings in the ears. Gonna get the brake lines hooked up today and get the brakes hooked back up. Also dropped my T rims off to get freshened up. I will post some pictures later on??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

our summertime winter project just took a leap foward LOL now to build some new nicer manifolds to make use of the split pulse turbine housing

I agree. That looks fantastic. How's the quality of the leather? Do you have that new car smell?! Lol

The seats feel very comfortable. I got extra foam added to the front seats. They feel almost as nice as the seats in my 09 Infiniti. The leather is very good quality too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's my next project after the new leather interior. Ridetech suspension, single adjustable coilovers, front and rear control arms, front muscle bar, and Detroit Speed rear bar.
83ff53d4f221cc19d3168dc710a46f0d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

changed the pipes in the ttop
before 3.5 custom stainless single shot with a large dynomax muffler connected the downpipe
0308151251.jpg

and after .. 3.5 dump pipe , houston stainless 2-3/4 dual with 3" magnaflows, usually you cant run tails with the wolfe ARB but i reworked the tail pipes to clear all the junk
0313151319a.jpg
0313151320.jpg
0313151319.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited: