woody weres my intake

CHANCE

No longer a Buick guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
polishing your intake

who dos polishing on the board i want my lower intake polished i started sanding it down but i just dont have the tools to do it right

I am also interested. I have polished many of the aluminum components under the hood. I recently finished polishing my GN1 heads, but that intake looks like more than I want to tackle.

Is a reputable company polishing the intakes? I always see a few Buicks at the events with a bling bling intake.

Attachments

• head.jpg
    head.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 982
Polishing?

Father owned a polishing shop for years. Hes retired now but does side work on occasion. If interests is there, Ill ask. Let me know what you want done. I'll forward to him he'll reply back..

Dave

There is not much to see on the lower intake. Started to do mine but got busy doing other stuff and then just put it all together.

What I would like to know, pardon the hijack, but is there a compound that can be used on a felt tip cone that acts like sand paper? Seems like all the compounds are for "coloring" and not for cutting down the rougher stuff - do not want to do so much hand sanding.

Thanks!

If you do not have a lot of the stock stuff around the intake removed (egr, vacuum lines, water lines), they can be extremely difficult to keep clean and shiny. I started doing mine but changed my mind and had it Jet-Hot coated instead. More durable and practicle for everyday street use. Just my .02, not trying to discourage you from doing it.

who can do it??

Below is a picture of my intake. I believe this is the part that Chance and I want to get polished.

Woody,
Have you done one of these before? How long do you think it would take you.

Evadave 87gn
I assume your father enjoys doing this king of stuff hey.

Blown and injected
When I polish aluminum I start off using my air Dremmel to with a cylindrical flapper sand paper wheel on it. Then sand all the hard to get to place by hand with 80 grit paper. Next sand the whole thing by hand with 220. Next, get the air Dremmel out, put felt tips on it and use brown rough course polishing rouge. Then switch to the fine white colored polishing rouge, which really brings out the shine. I am sure there is an easier way, but I do not know it.

Mark B
All of the emissions equipment is removed from the car. The EGR ports are welded shut in the intake.

Attachments

• engine 013.jpg
    engine 013.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 856
yep sam thats what i want polished the lower part of the intake. woody how long would it take you to do

It will take me a good 3 days to polish the intake......I don't have the tools to get under the runners and plenum so that would be left alone. The rest of it can be polished.
I have polished an Edelbrock Chevy manifold, an Edelbrock small block Chevy "Smokey Ram intake manifold, 3 sets of Chevy LT1 valve covers,
all stainless steel trim complete for 2 1957 Chevy BelAires'.
I polished my Terry Houston 3" downpipe and Dump, stock valve covers, stock dog house, 17" Centerline Telstar Wheels, all currently on my *& Buick Grand National.

I sold a Kirban 3" 2 piece down pipe and a Meese 3" down pipe that I polished. If the guys I sold them to would chime in hopefully they will endorse my work.

so woody would you do it for 75.00 for the polishing and 25.00 for shipping and when its done ill endorse your work till im blue in the face :biggrin: also woody i started to sand it smooth that wont hurt anything will it other then speed it up for you

Sounds good. I am going out of town next thursday until the following monday.
my address is:

Woody Beal
7901 Baldwin
Lawton, Oklahoma

woody i sent the intake off today UPS there is a return label in the box with the intake so all you have to do is box it up and drop it off at UPS also woody if you can send me the info for pay pal so i can send the money :biggrin:

I'm sorry but I don't take paypal or credit cards. Check or M.O. is ok.
When will the intake arrive here? As I told you in an earlier post I am going out of town to Albuquerque, NM on Thursday and won't be back until Monday.
I hope it will get here before Thursday otherwise it will sit on my porch until monday...........

hey its suppost to be there next wed i will also mail out a check for you monday thanks woody

hey woody just looked at my ups tag it says expected delivery date is tues jan 24 heres the tracking number also 1zx490w20310868069 thanks woody

I've been working on my intake most of the winter. I looked at polishing (to much work to maintain) and chrome just runs to hot for a steet car. I wanted something durable and looks good with a little spray of some quick detail. So I went with powder coating it. I did some research and in some cases powder made things run cooler. This guy powder coats blocks and all. I think they did some jet hot first.. then used a powder called morton serling silver. I'm happy with the results. Doing all the nuts, bolts, and brakets in glossy black. They did the doghouse and TB as well. Still have to send the TB out to be worked on but here is some pics I shot last night..

Intake1.jpg

Intake2.jpg

Intake3.jpg

The article in GM High Tech magazine this month on Cotton's Performance build on a super street motor shows a polished intake. Might want to check with Jack (Cotton) to see where he got it polished. 413-789-0531 or www.cottonsperformance.com

Conrad Carter