XFI/e85 160ln inj

tom j

Does anybody have a gct. file they would like to share that is running 160lb inj and e85. I would like to compare it.

I have a start file if you need one. I had to adjust it to get the car to idle. You may need to walk me through how to pull it off the computer and send it to you though. I cant figure out how to do this.

I have a start file if you need one. I had to adjust it to get the car to idle. You may need to walk me through how to pull it off the computer and send it to you though. I cant figure out how to do this.
is it possible that i can have that start up file also? thx in advance.

OK, what is your email address? I have the 1.340 tune on here. It actually ran pretty well with it. I had to make some minor adjustments so it would idle properly and it had a tendonsey to rn like it had a big cam in it when I would slow down off the interstate but not bad at all.

OK, what is your email address? I have the 1.340 tune on here. It actually ran pretty well with it. I had to make some minor adjustments so it would idle properly and it had a tendonsey to rn like it had a big cam in it when I would slow down off the interstate but not bad at all.
chiborndude@aol.com thx

E-85 seems to like a lot of timing at idle...smooths it out quite a bit...
Hello NorthernGN, thanks for all your input i have learned alot through various threads.....i was wondering how much timing your running that smoothed it out? thanks

Wot is 24

I am most concerned at WOT as that is when instant damage takes place, and 24 degrees seems high to me? I run a max of 23 with 116 octane at WOT, not sure how E-85 likes high timing?

When Cal is here next month, we plan to find out with some dyno and track runs and the WOT timing in the teen's to see what affect this will have on power using E-85, as well as race gas.

I would appreciate if you can send it to me as well. shev_maharaj@yahoo.com

Thanks so much
Shev

I am most concerned at WOT as that is when instant damage takes place, and 24 degrees seems high to me? I run a max of 23 with 116 octane at WOT, not sure how E-85 likes high timing?

When Cal is here next month, we plan to find out with some dyno and track runs and the WOT timing in the teen's to see what affect this will have on power using E-85, as well as race gas.

Good to know! We (MN crew) are trying to have him up here in the spring...the more E-85 cars he tunes before mine the better LOL...Ya never know what timing it (E-85 car) will like...For me I was out of injector so I was all done adding boost to the tune, instead I added timing...
Knock gauge never came off the green light nor did the logs show any knock retard...if there was any I would let out of it and back it off on the tune but I agree...Once I hit 24 I felt that was alot and stopped adding...

Keep us posed and please post data back here!

Thanks!
-Dan

24 at WOT seems like alot, i would rather run lower timing and be safe then make a few extra horses and run it high

............Knock gauge never came off the green light nor did the logs show any knock retard...if there was any I would let out of it and back it off on the tune but I agree...Once I hit 24 I felt that was a lot and stopped adding................-Dan

That procedure for increasing timing scares the hell out of me?

Knock retard tells you about detonation, but does NOT signal pre-ignition which will cause damage in much less than a second. You cannot back out of pre-ignition.

I have seen this happen hundreds of times, sometimes with serious damage. How many alky injection GN head gaskets have exited the block, and knock retard was never present according to the owner?

Have you tried less timing to see how that affects your power/MPH?