2013 TSO Rules Discussion

So far, no one has given any ENGINE DYNO evidence of "no advantage" ......... just track et's and/or mph or opinions. I wonder why Buddy Ingersol and/or Kenny Duttweiller run liquid intercoolers on their BUICK V6 drag cars. They do it because they have proven on an ENGINE DYNO, without a doubt, that they get more HP with the liquid intercooler...
......... just sayin' !! I'm thinkin' Duttweiller is kind of an expert and he has the proof on DYNO RESULT PAPER

George

Brad T said:
My thinking is there could be an advantage when it is very hot out. The problem has been the track we run on in August will not hold the power. So the end result has been no advantage for the liquid cooler.​
Exactly.... on a buick at a buick event it has NOT shown an advantage in 2 years worth of trying same car, same motor, same turbo, same tune, same driver and................................................................... 200 LBS lighter !!!!

Are we kidding ourselves here ???? Cooler, denser air makes more power. PERIOD !! "One" cars experience cannot be used to disprove a liquid intercooler's advantages over hundreds of others that use them for their proven benefits. If a race car doesn't see benefits of more horsepower due to a properly functioning liquid intercooler, there are other issues. The fact that a track on a hot August afternoon can't hold the power is a traction problem, not a horsepower problem
Hundreds of V6s.. or hundreds of 2000 hp plus V8s ? who is kidding who George...... You ever see a air to air that will support 2000-3000 hp ? Ill answer that for you NO.... so putting a liquid IC on those type cars is a major improvement my inlet temps with my V3 intercooler were in the mid 80s how much do you think I will pick up dropping 35 degrees if....... i can drop 35 degrees

So far, no one has given any ENGINE DYNO evidence of "no advantage" ......... just track et's and/or mph or opinions. I wonder why Buddy Ingersol and/or Kenny Duttweiller run liquid intercoolers on their BUICK V6 drag cars. They do it because they have proven on an ENGINE DYNO, without a doubt, that they get more HP with the liquid intercooler...
......... just sayin' !! I'm thinkin' Duttweiller is kind of an expert and he has the proof on DYNO RESULT PAPER

George
George,
Buddy Ingersol ran air to air................................................
Good thing for Glidden he didnt run liquid IC it would have been lights out...... lol

IM Sayin !!

What you say about Kenny Duttweiller's dyno results- single or twin turbo on a v6 BUICK.

Ok, bottom line, Why would you go to a liquid intercooler if there are no advantages for you ?

Keepin on sayin' ..... love your sense of humor ;)

What you say about Kenny Duttweiller's dyno results- single or twin turbo on a v6 BUICK.

Ok, bottom line, Why would you go to a liquid intercooler if there are no advantages for you ?

Keepin on sayin' .....ve your sense of humor ;)

Hey George,

I have already voted. I like the idea of one man one vote. Not who makes te most post positive or negative.

Willard Brown

Keepin on sayin' ..... love your sense of humor ;)

Because when V6 sells or lets go......... In goes the V8 thats why I went 25.3

I have nothing to say about kennys ability on a single turbo v6 but I can tell you my opinion about RPE's ability with a single turbo V6............ How about you ????

I don't care that much one way or the other on the vote . Now I am just thinking about the numbers . What is the curve if there is one for the best inlet air temp . If I chill mine before the pass it will stay in the 60 deg range. If I just turn the pump on when I pull up to do a burn out it is in the 80 deg range. There isn't any difference as far as I can tell in performance.

Tony nailed it with the big boys running air to air . The thing would be bigger than the front of the car. I think the biggest thing we have seen is running without any radiator and a liquid cooler . Sure moves the weight off of the front of the car . Probably more advantage there than with just the cooler inlet air temp.

I've received quite a few votes, an not one of the rules has been decided. Some are real, real close. Of the internet regulars, I'm waiting on Don, Brad. Jason, George and Manny.

Twin turbo v8 to single turbo v6........... so your comparing a 3000 hp motor to a 1400 hp motor...... i bet they did have a laugh.... my 2 cents.

p.s The two TSO cars that have have run 7's both have air to air intercoolers the one TSO car that did swap over 2 years ago hasnt picked up any......... bet he is not having a good laugh since its an obvious improvement according to the experts that have tried it on V6s. I dont care either way myself, but a few years ago there was a 200lb penalty on stage heads because they are so much better on "paper" and where is that penalty now.....................GONE

Well they are gone because of the results of a production headed car running faster MPH with a liquid intercooler. Take that off and see how it runs?

Hey George,

I have already voted. I like the idea of one man one vote. Not who makes te most post positive or negative.

Willard Brown

HEY WILLARD, how you doing my friend ?

George

Well they are gone because of the results of a production headed car running faster MPH with a liquid intercooler. Take that off and see how it runs?

Well put Manny !!

George

My current MPH record of 176 + was done with my COTTONS air to air intercooler !!!! ;)

Voted

manny,
Dons record pass was done with an air to air......

P.s So now that we know that Don and Buddy had air to air..... I'm I've supplied some data on my end stil waiting for more than a dyno sheet from Kenny d on your end George ..... Because I'm hopping your not comparing a dyno sheet to real track performance to back up your claim of it Obviously makes more power on a v6.

Just sayin

Sure seems to be a lot of defending going on for liquid intercoolers. Especially if they don't provide any performance advantage ...... hhmmm !!! Must be for the show n shine circuit. ??? ya think ? :cool:

VOTED