Alcoholic Twins..............Turbos that is!

It runs! I finally got the Maf Pro configured correctly, and now it runs on gas :) I didn't get the exhaust hooked up till this evening, and need to change oil and plumb the boost controller in. I'll drive it tomarrow afternoon. (God willing and the creek don't rise!) and let y'all know how it spools. I did run it at 2500 rpm and did a header melt down :eek: to see if it holds up..........so far so good!
Ken B.

Man that is awesome, both the T type and ferrari are insane. You do some good work man.

I too worked on some aircraft from that really big company except they werent so big and had rotors :)

Just out of curiosity, can a guy with 5 years hydraulics exp. (component level mostly, and hose and tube fab) find work with those guys up there?

<<Just out of curiosity, can a guy with 5 years hydraulics exp. (component level mostly, and hose and tube fab) find work with those guys up there?>>

Sure! I have trained guys that were stock boys in departmant stores before building Jets. We have alot of ex-military working here, and Boeing is starting to hire again. After 9-11 we laid off 50,000 people, my wife was one of them :mad: She was recently recalled, but rejected it because she started a new career and loves it. Just go on-line to their web site and submit your resume'. Just don't tell them you know me :eek:
Ken B.

haha, ill keep that in mind for my "plan B"

Its looking like I'm going to get back in, but to fly em this time :)

The car runs great, but I have to replace the wastegate. (it leaks real bad and I can't get over 14 psi boost.) I'm replacing the Delta gate with a Race gate. It'll need more tuning, too. It pulls hard at only 14 psi, though. It'll be a week or so before I can get everything sorted out on it. I'll keep everyone posted on the progress. Ken

Incredible work as always, man! And keep on keeping it built in the US of A, brutha...The whole company appreciates what you guys are doing up there!! :cool:

Thanks guys!
The car has been sitting for the last year. I have been VERY busy with other projects, and my real job. Though, my real job is now officially on hold, due to a STRIKE. I had a sensor problem, and think I solved it (IAT sensor was reading minus 40F) I just ran out of time to also sort out a fuel pump issue in time for Turbo Thunder. Maybe, just maybe I will have time to get it to the Buick-Olds-Pontiac race this coming weekend. BUT......I have no siding on the outside of my house and a BUNCH of structural upgrades going on. It has been a long time in coming (the re-model of my home). I am also trying to get the TTA project finished, too. (problems with the Gen2 Translator/4" MAF)

The car has ran a best mph of a 127.8 on 19 lbs. of boost, 10.2:1 A/F ratio and it was showing -40* on the IAT reading. I changed the wiring/plug and the sensor, and it now reads correctly, but ended up with a fuel pump issue. I really would like to sell the car or just the engine/system. I would like to step up to a LSX V8 turbo car. I've been building/racing the Buick V6's for 20 years now, and would like to try something different. If someone makes me a decent offer on my car and all of the spare engines, blocks, pistons, rods, cranks............ and other GN stuff, I would gladly sell it. :)
And here are a few recent mods to the car, too:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/221466-new-twin-turbo-headers.html
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/194910-wilwood-brakes.html
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/194187-new-downpipe.html
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/pacific-northwest-area/192813-alcoholic-twins.html
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/196769-new-brake-mods.html
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/194545-new-exhaust-system.html

Going to the LSX motor with your skills will easily put you into the 1500hp range no doubt. Hell you can probably become buddies with the Brinks truck driver by making and selling twin turbo kits for that motor. :eek:

Sorry to hear you haven't had much time behind the wheel of it, it's sure to confuse people at car shows.

Ah see, they did come with twin turbo's. :rolleyes:

Going to the LSX motor with your skills will easily put you into the 1500hp range no doubt. Hell you can probably become buddies with the Brinks truck driver by making and selling twin turbo kits for that motor. :eek:

Sorry to hear you haven't had much time behind the wheel of it, it's sure to confuse people at car shows.

Ah see, they did come with twin turbo's. :rolleyes:

:biggrin: :p That's EXACTLY why I built it to begin with. I didn't build it to be the fastest. I just wanted to make something a little different. And I wanted one of those twin-turbo FBI cars that everyone told me about at the track.:D

i live in a not so big turbo community i get asked all the time why i dident i get a twin turbo gnx... "after all u can get em cheap at police auctions"!!!!!! grrr im not afraid to tell people how stupid they are:mad:

i live in a not so big turbo community i get asked all the time why i dident i get a twin turbo gnx... "after all u can get em cheap at police auctions"!!!!!! grrr im not afraid to tell people how stupid they are:mad:

I would run out of breath around here telling them how stooopid they are. Especially around election time. Twin turbo GNX's and Obama..........I just don't have enough time or energy to take them ALL on.;):mad:

I would run out of breath around here telling them how stooopid they are. Especially around election time. Twin turbo GNX's and Obama..........I just don't have enough time or energy to take them ALL on.;):mad:

I would love to know where that came from...I get it all the time too....I never say anything it takes to long to explain and they will not believe you anyway....since their dad's brothers uncle bought one brand new from the factory....

turbofab....very nice work....love it! wish I had those skills!

Here's a picture of the Ferrari we (Sean O'Brien and myself) built about 6 years ago.
It is a 1977 308 with an '84 288 GTO body kit on it installed by a California Ferrari dealership (so I'm told) We removed the anemic 308 engine (it had twin turbos on it) and installed a '96 355FI engine and trans in it. The customer wanted us to twin turbo the 355 (3.5 liter 5 valve heads). We had a detail model and some pictures of a 288 GTO and tried to build the system to mimick the original GTO engine bay. The car now has F-40 brakes, ATL fuel cell in a crash box up front, new wiring (the original was .......well....Ferrari). We installed a roll bar and dual adjustable brake valves, Griffon aluminum radiator, Motec M-800, twin intercoolers, blow-off valve,..........The list is very long. :eek: I'll dig up a few more pictures if anyone is interested in the build up.
Ken B.

We had a twin turbo Testarossa at the shop a couple of weeks ago. Norwood built it and brought it over for some reason.