Back at it again on 35lbs

Dave huske 2800 NL . And in the next couple of weeks we will start slowly getting the nitrous flowing

Looking good.
If you're not doing it now, I would put a 100 psi pressure transducer on the coolant drain plug on the side of the block and datalog it with the Powerlogger. Once you see what these coolant pressures are doing during a high boost run, in the future, you will know if the numbers start getting out of whack. This is a sign that the heads are starting to lift and pressurize the coolant passages. That and keep an eye on oil and coolant after each run. One last question. Are you monitoring back pressure in the headers/before the turbo at this boost level? There's power to be made with lower back pressure. If you keep turning up the boost and it's not going any faster in the 1/8th, or 1/4, you've probably reached the limits, due to back pressure. And you will definitely find the limits with N2O.

-Patrick-

Patrick,

At what level do you recommend to start monitoring coolant and / or back pressures?

Thanks,
Phillip

Looking good.
If you're not doing it now, I would put a 100 psi pressure transducer on the coolant drain plug on the side of the block and datalog it with the Powerlogger. Once you see what these coolant pressures are doing during a high boost run, in the future, you will know if the numbers start getting out of whack. This is a sign that the heads are starting to lift and pressurize the coolant passages. That and keep an eye on oil and coolant after each run. One last question. Are you monitoring back pressure in the headers/before the turbo at this boost level? There's power to be made with lower back pressure. If you keep turning up the boost and it's not going any faster in the 1/8th, or 1/4, you've probably reached the limits, due to back pressure. And you will definitely find the limits with N2O.

-Patrick-

Patrick,

At what level do you recommend to start monitoring coolant and / or back pressures?

Thanks,
Phillip
Anytime you want good data and once you really start leaning on it.

That's IMOP

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Big update guys!!! Finally made it to the track on the new setup!
Last year was 11.00-11.20 at 122-124mph at 30-33lbs if I remember .
Now it's 35-36lbs . The two slips look almost identical crazy! And we have yet to spray the 50shot
Thats pretty darn cool. I ran a TT chip with 80lb injectors and pump gas with alky and 32lbs of boost for 3 years best I could get that shitbox to go was 10.1 @136 with a lowsey 60ft with a 6262. I now have swapped to e85 and the boost numbers have been in the 40+ area. I am curious to see your gains with the 50 shot. where is the nozzle?

Thats pretty darn cool. I ran a TT chip with 80lb injectors and pump gas with alky and 32lbs of boost for 3 years best I could get that shitbox to go was 10.1 @136 with a lowsey 60ft with a 6262. I now have swapped to e85 and the boost numbers have been in the 40+ area. I am curious to see your gains with the 50 shot. where is the nozzle?

Damn William that's a 9 sec pass at that trap speed.
we have the nozzle mounted 8in away from thottle body. We are close to start street hits with the nozzle
40+lbs u don't say

Attachments

• IMG_2063.jpg
    IMG_2063.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 93
I'm still impressed. Definitely a ton of pressure, but it seems like the E85 is showing out. That's insane

Yea 93 & alky is so 90s and early 2000s if e-85 is in ur area I will switch in the heart beat! All my cars are on E-85 and so are all my buddy's cars

Yes,40+ lbs. We monitor coolant pressure and are conservative on timing. I'd like to add nitrous too,but I'm thinking a much larger shot. Please keep me posted on your stuff when you decide to spray it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes,40+ lbs. We monitor coolant pressure and are conservative on timing. I'd like to add nitrous too,but I'm thinking a much larger shot. Please keep me posted on your stuff when you decide to spray it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Well 50 shot to start out with I have different jets from my other cars . I deff keep everyone updated . We use factory headgaskets no MLS here

we have gone 10.01 on a stock bottom end here on 30psi. Just looking for that 9 sec slip with that car. The other car is headed to the 8s fingers crossed

Patrick,

Thanks,
Phillip

What Boost231 said, but to be honest every combo is different. Compression will vary big time from combo to combo, but to me, anytime the boost needle swings past 29psi on a 109 build, with factory diameter head bolts/studs, the pin on the grenade has been pulled. And at that cylinder pressure level, I absolutely want to know everything that's going on during the run. The more data you can get, the better off you will be. Especially as it gets closer to that "Michael Bay EXPLOSIONS!!!!" level. I also highly recommend sneeking up on that point, vs hitting it with everything. And through a Buick 3-bolt turbine housing, 40psi is some SEVERE back pressure in the headers. There's no doubt just that much boost alone is enough to fry a set of questionable headers. Especially stockers that have been welded up numerous times. Adding N2O into the mix, even though your fuel octane might can hack it, is not recommended. Turn it down to 30 and watch the boost spike up to 35-36 when you spray it. Creep up on it, don't jump in head first. These aren't LS engines that can take everything. Go easy guys. Remember, these blocks tend to split when really pushed hard. And you guys are REALLY pushing that one to Michael Bay land.

What Boost231 said, but to be honest every combo is different. Compression will vary big time from combo to combo, but to me, anytime the boost needle swings past 29psi on a 109 build, with factory diameter head bolts/studs, the pin on the grenade has been pulled. And at that cylinder pressure level, I absolutely want to know everything that's going on during the run. The more data you can get, the better off you will be. Especially as it gets closer to that "Michael Bay EXPLOSIONS!!!!" level. I also highly recommend sneeking up on that point, vs hitting it with everything. And through a Buick 3-bolt turbine housing, 40psi is some SEVERE back pressure in the headers. There's no doubt just that much boost alone is enough to fry a set of questionable headers. Especially stockers that have been welded up numerous times. Adding N2O into the mix, even though your fuel octane might can hack it, is not recommended. Turn it down to 30 and watch the boost spike up to 35-36 when you spray it. Creep up on it, don't jump in head first. These aren't LS engines that can take everything. Go easy guys. Remember, these blocks tend to split when really pushed hard. And you guys are REALLY pushing that one to Michael Bay land.

LMAO!!! That's funny!! Hadn't thought about the headers in that regard!! So, good stuff! Thanks man!!!

:D
Ok, almost everything. :LOL:
Hey Kip, how's it going? Are you going to make it to BG this year?

he 50shot should get us in the 9s if not the 75 will ..
mine dropped 4 tenths with a 35 hit at the track.i always ran a 50shot on the street,took it for a good amount of time and went 6.6 in the 1/8 with the stock stuff untill 3 pistons split on a run from the the pressure.