Bob Bailey ignition module

Is the grey wire trigger wire for timing control like the standard 2 step?

no I have not but I haven't pursued it, car is in the shop for winter upgrades.

2-Step Rev Limiter
The TR6 has a built in 2-step rev limiter that is used to build boost when staging/racing. The trigger wire is the orange wire in the system harness, pin 1. To use this feature, first set the limiter RPM dipswitches. See the introduction section for help in setting the switches. When the trigger input is activated, the engine RPMs will be limited to the set value. When the trigger is active, the Trig/Error LED will glow SOLID. When the system is limiting RPM, the Trig/Error LED will flash quickly. (When not triggered, the Trig/Error LED will flash quickly when the main rev limiter has engaged.) The trigger is normally activated by applying voltage to the trigger wire. If the Invert Trigger switch is ON, then the trigger is activated when there is NO voltage applied to the Trig input. The Config-1 switch can be used to supply “Pullup Voltage” to the trigger input so that “Grounding” the trigger input will activate it. If the Trig Limit switches are all set to OFF, then by setting the Config-2 switch to ON, and connecting an MSD “Pill” from Analog input 1 to ground, the Triggered RPM limit (2-step) can be controlled remotely. Contact TR6@bailey-eng.com for more details. The Mode7 and Mode 8 switches can be used to retard the timing when the 2-step trigger is activated
(RPM must be greater than 1500). Mode 8 retards 5 degrees, Mode 7 retards 10 degrees, with both Mode 7 and Mode 8 on, the TR6 will retard 15 degrees.

the orange wire is the trigger wire for two step , timing retard works off that wire as well and you can have it retard or not by using the mode switches to select the amount of retard
0 degrees (7+8 off)
5 degrees (7 off 8 on)
10 degrees (7 on 8 off )
15 degrees ( 7+8 on )

the gray wire is for if you want to use rpm modules like the MSD shift lights use

2-Step Rev Limiter
The TR6 has a built in 2-step rev limiter that is used to build boost when staging/racing. The trigger wire is the orange wire in the system harness, pin 1. To use this feature, first set the limiter RPM dipswitches. See the introduction section for help in setting the switches. When the trigger input is activated, the engine RPMs will be limited to the set value. When the trigger is active, the Trig/Error LED will glow SOLID. When the system is limiting RPM, the Trig/Error LED will flash quickly. (When not triggered, the Trig/Error LED will flash quickly when the main rev limiter has engaged.) The trigger is normally activated by applying voltage to the trigger wire. If the Invert Trigger switch is ON, then the trigger is activated when there is NO voltage applied to the Trig input. The Config-1 switch can be used to supply “Pullup Voltage” to the trigger input so that “Grounding” the trigger input will activate it. If the Trig Limit switches are all set to OFF, then by setting the Config-2 switch to ON, and connecting an MSD “Pill” from Analog input 1 to ground, the Triggered RPM limit (2-step) can be controlled remotely. Contact TR6@bailey-eng.com for more details. The Mode7 and Mode 8 switches can be used to retard the timing when the 2-step trigger is activated
(RPM must be greater than 1500). Mode 8 retards 5 degrees, Mode 7 retards 10 degrees, with both Mode 7 and Mode 8 on, the TR6 will retard 15 degrees.
Thanks Man....

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

the orange wire is the trigger wire for two step , timing retard works off that wire as well and you can have it retard or not by using the mode switches to select the amount of retard
0 degrees (7+8 off)
5 degrees (7 off 8 on)
10 degrees (7 on 8 off )
15 degrees ( 7+8 on )

the gray wire is for if you want to use rpm modules like the MSD shift lights use

Lovin the help!!

Live it when people go out of the way to help. It makes this board enjoyable and help preserve the cars and tradition!!!

Clint

when in may was it shipped? I made a change right after the TB.com nationals, but nothing noteworthy since then.

Bob

it was one of the preorder ones..I can find out the ship date Friday.
Its ScottATK's

Since his car isn't running yet he could give me his and Ill give him mine when it comes in

I bought mine on your first batch..... Unless you are talking about the firmware update you sent me back in/around March