Bought a '85 T-type, help me spend my money!

Step 6, pull out Hotair motor and convert to Intercooled. :)

Actually it would be easy to do that if you don't understand how to think and just want to do a "bolt on build".:p HA cars require the use of brain cells and fabrication skills.;) Ask Turbo6X2 how she got into the 10's so far.:D

So I went to a hydralic line store and got the fitting -4an to 1/8 female adapter.

Set my fuel pressure for now to 42 psi with vacuum line off, with it on comes down to 32 psi. Didnt drive the car just had it idling in the drive way. Has the new o2 and the cross counts moved up by 20. Then I turned the car off and turned it on a few min later, started it up and the CCs stayed on the same number and didnt increase? Is that normal operation?

Also at idle the Int and BLm say 150... Does this mean i might have a vacuum leak? When I held the rpms at like 1,500-2,000rpm the Int and Blm came down to 128-135 so they seemed good at that point.

Still waiting on my adjustable waste gate and then I can finally go WOT!!!! Ugh I can't wait to do it!

BLM of 150 is pegged out from a lean condition. Vacuum leak, pre o2 sensor exhaust leak. I'd also crank that fuel pressure up to 43-44 vac line off to start with...that may also help those BLMs...but you need to find the cause of the high BLM BEFORE you try to go wot....what's the status of the fuel pump? Is it new? Original? What brand? Hotwired?

BLM of 150 is pegged out from a lean condition. Vacuum leak, pre o2 sensor exhaust leak. I'd also crank that fuel pressure up to 43-44 vac line off to start with...that may also help those BLMs...but you need to find the cause of the high BLM BEFORE you try to go wot....what's the status of the fuel pump? Is it new? Original? What brand? Hotwired?
It's orginal, not hot wired yet :/ good news is the waste basket(as my gf calls it) waste gate is in! Sucks that it gets dark early now lol, I have the itch to throw it in and start tuning!

I'd like to go E-85 and max out my stock turbo, thats why I have the stock fuel pump still. Gotta figure out what I need and can do with the stock fuel lines.

Stock lines are fine. Get a good fuel pump and a Hotwire kit....or your prolly gonna have to get new head gaskets....or worse.

So I installed the adjustable wastegate actuator, I made the rod as long as I could with it basically starting to push the lever to the left... still over boosting, maybe I don't understand how it works?

The bar is pushed to the left to open and stop building boost?

Does the gate or whatever the thing is called on the exhaust side of the turbo that the rod is connected to normally start all the way to the right which I thought was closed? Or is it supposed to start in the middle or to the left?

Also maybe my maf is bad because I adjusted my fuel pressure to 42 with vacuum line on and it idles fine but driving I could tell its super rich... No power kinda surge bogging type of action. Sitting at idle the AF was at 3, but it did go up when I drove I believe.

Int and blm where at 150 most of the time so whats wrong here?

It sucks to have a car like this and not know anyone around you that knows things about it to lend a helping hand. I feel like I should of bought a junkyard 5.3 and tossed it in with megasquirt... Less headaches and would be faster.. What a joke.

This is so frustrating.... The car seems to be too rich or something but the scan master reads like 150 on both int and blm, also the CCs seem sometimes to freeze or go up slow, then sometimes it goes normally like 40-60 counts.

I finally got my waste gate in the mail and installed and now when I floor it, it hessitates and bogs, doesn't build RPm... Man I just can't believe this car. I wasted so much money on this little V6 just to look at not running right.

You need to take it to someone that knows what they are doing. Also, that wastegate is too far extended, which will cause the car to feel very sluggish, spool VERY slow, and may pop off of the turbo if you dont have a clip to hold it on, and then you probably wont build any boost at all. I bet you that you have a LARGE vacuum leak somewhere....the motor is sucking in LOTS of unmetered air to make the computer compensate that much. what kind of chip do you have man? Chill with the car before you end up killing it, either with your foot or with a sawzall. They can be very frustrating, let me tell you......

42 pounds of fuel pressure line OFF NOT ON!!!!!!!!!!! christ, where do you live?

i wouldnt be surprised if u have a couple issues. find someone with a known good maf or send yours to someone. you also need to check for a cracked ex manifold or an intake leak. thats where i would start. my car didnt run worth a damn for 2 yrs. then after i finally got it runninggood the module and coil crapped. fixed thst and now the trans is busted. dont feel bad. i'll hhave close to 17k in this car. no reason for you to feel like you wasted your money yet lol

i wouldnt be surprised if u have a couple issues. find someone with a known good maf or send yours to someone. you also need to check for a cracked ex manifold or an intake leak. thats where i would start. my car didnt run worth a damn for 2 yrs. then after i finally got it runninggood the module and coil crapped. fixed thst and now the trans is busted. dont feel bad. i'll hhave close to 17k in this car. no reason for you to feel like you wasted your money yet lol

Regarding the waste gate, I just made that video quick, I do have a c clip on it. And when the car is running the rod pulls in since it has vacuum on the one side of the wastegate. That's the thing though, its like i need someone to take a picture and show me how long their wastegate rod is, because I feel like this rod is very long, but thats because I'm trying not to overboost.

When I first set up the wastegate rod i closed the wastegate all the way and made the rod the exact length to reach it, and it over boosted to like 20psi. So this time I made it real long, maybe too long but it built a few psi and then just stumbled. It sucks be ause every time I go to work on it, the sun is going down and I have to use flashlights, I can't see if the exhaust is rich while I'm driving.. Just frustrating.

Maybe its because I'm using the stock '85 maf with the 86/87 ecm(stock chip). Also don't have the air temp sensor hooked up yet.

I hope I didnt fool this new o2 yet, I don't have a code for I but it sometimes doesn't cross count that high.
Also would fouling he o2 make it think its not getting enough fuel causing the high int and blms?

I wonder if i fouled the plugs too...ugh how big of a pain in the ass are they on these hot airs to change.

omg....get a turbotweak chip. ASAP. do not do ANYTHING until you have changed that chip out. get a translator with an lt1/ls1 maf. report back when this has been completed, or you will really be upset when the motor is knocking, or worse.

that stuff shouldnt matter, i think. WHeres all these die hard hot air guys at? Theyre quick to jump anyone that wants toconvert to ic but where's the help?

It absolutely will, the stock chip was not designed for todays gas. Now I do not know as much as the true gurus do, but I know that there is WAY too much timing in it for todays gas. I dont believe it matters that he has an 86/87 computer in it, but the chip DOES matter. Also as far as the wastegate is concerned, you need to make sure the vacuum plumbing is hooked up correctly, or it will overboost as you are describing. do intense research. I bet if you kept turning it in a turn or two and driving it, you could get the boost set correctly. BUT, I am telling you right now, the stock chip WILL make the car run like GARBAGE. Ask me how I know. I would not even drive the thing until I ordered a TT chip for it for starters. That car can be a 12 second car with some money, but more importantly, knowledge! Be patient.

bullshit. My car ran on the stock chip just fine, after I fixed the cracked exhaust manifolds and got a good maf on it. If the chips were the problem ALL the 80s cars wouldn't be seen anywhere on the street. Where do you guys read this fable bullshit? My stepdad even had a 79 t/a that was totally stock untouched and ran great on piss gas. Same with my 86 tpi camaro, till it got a little tired from racing. Point is, you have an issue. You're engine bay is disgusting. Get it as clean as possible. FOr all you know you are pissing oil out of the intake and its causing a huge vac leak. I would start with the maf though and go from there. THat's the easiest. Should be a nice guy with a hot air willing to take a half hour out of his day to test it.

Speaking of too much timing, I even had an old ass red's chip burned for 93. Ran 91 in it and romped the fuck out of it. No KR at all.

Maybe your personal experience, but my car ran like straight garbage on the stock chip. I apologize for my ignorance but that is my experience.