Car is at Bruces!!!!!!!!!!!!

maverick said:
Well, I e-mailed Bruce and his office replied stating that the 6.5" rods i have wont work in the engine, and that as soon as I get them a set of rods...the engine would be completed asap. So I then in return asked that they use what's in my deposit to get the rods it does need, so we'll see what the reply will be tomorrow I assume lol. I stated to Bruce that he had 2 weeks to get the engine done and ready to go in the car...and if more $$ is needed to send me a COMPLETE breakdown of what has been bought versus what is still needed so I can see where the $$ on my deposit has been spent. 2 weeks is it...its CRUNCH time...git er done. I want to atleast beable to make the "Woodward" cruise this year with it :) Cmon Bruce... I know you and the machine shop people read this....grab 2nd gear and mash the petal on it ;)
did they say why the rods wont work? what stroke is the crank. it can take 6 to 12 weeks if you have to order a set of rods that have to be made. sounds like bruce is trying to buy more time. ssdd :rolleyes:

I hope you have better luck dealing with Bruce than me. He owes me a set of custom Diamond pistons and some cash. Its been a couple of months now and I still dont have either. He also hasn't been answereing his phone the last few times i've called.

Jason

postal said:
I hope you have better luck dealing with Bruce than me. He owes me a set of custom Diamond pistons and some cash. Its been a couple of months now and I still dont have either. He also hasn't been answereing his phone the last few times i've called.

Jason
I also had a hard time getting my pistons from Aggressive performance. Jason you and I ordered our pistons at the same time, as a matter of fact, you order my pistons for me. I got my pistons a few weeks ago. I remember being told by Dawn at Aggressive that our pistons will be delivered to Bowling Green but I knew that was only a sales pitch to get our orders in .After so many BS excuses, I finally got mine. Dude, this was sometime in late April/ or very early May. Now it’s August, going on to the forth month. Aggressive better take care of there customers if they want the Turbo Buick community support and stay in business.

Hopefully people will get there things back as they were PROMISED and we can all put this behind this. If not, I guess we will have to find a RELIABLE vendor. I hope it wouldn’t come to that.

I hope you guys keep us posted on what is going on with your items

Good luck

Prasad

If you order your pistons directly from the manufacturer (like Diamond or JE) you can cut out the middleman and get exactly what you need a whole lot quicker.

Dave

turbodave231 said:
If you order your pistons directly from the manufacturer (like Diamond or JE) you can cut out the middleman and get exactly what you need a whole lot quicker.

Dave

Dave,
On a custom piston I always tell my customers to order direct, this usually works out much better and they have a better chanch of getting the right thing. On "off the shelve" pistons we can usually save them pretty good money.
Mike

Hey Maverick,

Figured since we did not see Bruce down at the BPG race, he was probably busy finishing up yours.

Did you end up making the Woodward cruise? I have plenty of time to help out tuning and dialing in the suspension on the car right now.

Car

Well...sorry it's been awhile since I visited this site. I spoke with Bruce about a month ago...at that time he stated he would get a set of rods that would work from someone he knew that had a set rather than me buying a set of new ones due to the cost. The rods I had were 6.5" Carillo H-beams wide journal, and a 3.625 billet crank.
He stated once he got the rods...the engine would be done within a couple days.
I called and left him a message this last Friday to call me with updates...no word yet, and with me working in Mass I cant very well just take a road trip down there to see for myself once again...what is going on. So..Woodward came and went.....Sept...is about to be gone....dunno....it's just a sticky situation for me atm. In my message I asked him to tell me where the engine stood and where the money stood on parts...
I'm just waiting for that phone to ring now. :frown:

maverick said:
I'm just waiting for that phone to ring now. :frown:

Well, at least there is positive motion. I'll stop down by the machine shop when I get a break. I have some other business to do there anyways. :D Do yourself a favor and make sure you are doing something besides waiting for the phone to ring, you might lose days. :eek:

Thanks Ted...with working outta state and the engine taking this long...I just had to quit thinking about it lol. :confused: