Controlling boost levels in each gear?

87gnblackdemon

Don't Be Redikulas!!
I have the ultra chip from postons it has 7 settings, in all settings the boost is the same for all four gears, I know this is not great for pump gas, I run on the street anywheres from 93,94 or 98 octane. When I'm runnin 93 0r 94 I get knock because of the boost being high in 2 and 3rd even 4th gear. Would an in car boost controller be the answer to control my boost levels??

BOOST in each gear

Call Cotton and get a INNOVATIVE electronic. It controls gear boost and also when on the tranny brake. And it'll allow you to control the speed at which the boost goes up between settings.. AIN'T CHEAP!!! :eek:

Another option is the Boostcommander from MM. Its only around $150 and you can scale back the boost in 3rd & 4th. I have one and like it.

Many chips command different boost levels by gear. I think 1&2 have to be the same, but there are definitely signals to the ECM for 3 & 4.

Tom

Originally posted by 87gnblackdemon
I have the ultra chip from postons it has 7 settings, in all settings the boost is the same for all four gears, I know this is not great for pump gas, I run on the street anywheres from 93,94 or 98 octane. When I'm runnin 93 0r 94 I get knock because of the boost being high in 2 and 3rd even 4th gear. Would an in car boost controller be the answer to control my boost levels??

The oem ecm has settings for reducing the boost in 3rd and 4th gears. they work by controlling the waste gate solenoid.

Set up right, the Bstl Contr by Ramchargers (Bailey Eng) is really neat for controlling the spool up and boost control.

Yeah, Cotton's got the Innovative MSBC. It's got a launch stage as well. I just got mine last week and it costs $515. I think it's worth it.