Correct Lower Rad Hose.

HighMileage

Albany,NY
Bought two new Dayco radiator hoses from my local Advance today. The upper looks exact. The lower one,E71756 is waaay off. I couldn't even figure which way that thing is supposed to go on.

I did look at vendors hoses. They sell aftermarket and OEM. I usually DO buy from the vendors.

I'll be returning the lower hose since the Advance is only a mile away.

Has anyone had any fit issues with the Vendors aftermarket hoses? Are they the same Dayco that I just bought?? Hopefully not. I'm gonna be placing another order soon,and might as well include a lower hose.

Note: I don't need a $50 OEM one. I like to keep things somewhat original,but not THAT badly.

the lower they show looks correct
long end before it curves goes to the waterpump

the lower they show looks correct
long end before it curves goes to the waterpump

Something isn't quite right. I figured that the long straight part went to the pump. But,the rad end of this hose goes down to the rad,then has a nasty 45' bend. I tried to match it up with my original one which is still installed. There's no way it's gonna work.

Once my GN comes back from paint,it's cooling system maintenance,hose replacing time.

Thanks for the input,pacecarta. You are one of the members here who has responses backed by knowledge. I always look at pacecarta responses.

and make sure it has the spring inside the lower so it dont colapse. i had to get the delco one from nos4gn cuz it was the only one with a spring inside.

Is it possible that they pulled the wrong hose? I am showing it should be Dayco part # 71756 (see attached picture)

Attachments

• 35385824.jpg
    35385824.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 223
I lucked out and scored an "original" NOS hose with internal spring on Ebay for 30$ (Part number 25523616) I too was having issues with the fit of the dayco hose. It was REALLY close to the exhaust manifold heat shield.

the spring isn't needed as long as the radiator core isn't plugged. i don't think any of the cars in my driveway or garage have a spring in the lower hose.

I would think one with the spring inside the spring would eventually deteriorate adding rust to the cooling system.

Years ago i had same problem return hose and order from a vendor call first to make sure they have correct hose with spring.

Something isn't quite right. I figured that the long straight part went to the pump. But,the rad end of this hose goes down to the rad,then has a nasty 45' bend. I tried to match it up with my original one which is still installed. There's no way it's gonna work.

Once my GN comes back from paint,it's cooling system maintenance,hose replacing time.

Thanks for the input,pacecarta. You are one of the members here who has responses backed by knowledge. I always look at pacecarta responses.

Hey, i did the exact same thing, i bought both from advance and the top is good to go i have it installed now. The lower... looks funny compared to what is on my car now. It looks like the one pictured but i dont think it will fit. I have not tried and since my hose is holding up i will leave it alone for now. I will return the one i bought from advance and get my money back...

Hey, i did the exact same thing, i bought both from advance and the top is good to go i have it installed now. The lower... looks funny compared to what is on my car now. It looks like the one pictured but i dont think it will fit. I have not tried and since my hose is holding up i will leave it alone for now. I will return the one i bought from advance and get my money back...

I ended up buying the aftermarket lower hose with no spring that nos4gn offers. Then I brought both of them to the Advance and showed them the difference. It's obvious that the Dayco from Advance is the wrong hose. There is a weird bend on the radiator end. ...and if that bend is just cut off,the hose would be too short.

The nos4gn hose seems better made anyway.

Is it possible that they pulled the wrong hose? I am showing it should be Dayco part # 71756 (see attached picture)

The one they handed me had the correct part # on it. But it sure didn't look like the one in the pic. The long,straight end was right,but the other end was waay off.

As far as that AC hose,if you get a pic of it,and it looks like the one in that pic,it is the right one.