You can type here any text you want

Does your 200-4R bark the tires on the 1-2 shift?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Is a chirp like a bark?

Stock motor with K & N, walbro 340,hot wire and old Kb chip(87 TT) would chirp the tires or put the car sideways. New motor in works.:D

1/2 throttle and staying in it....rubber everywhere. Car WILL NOT catch traction until I either back off or it hits top of third/OD.

3000K converter and a GT6131e, stock/Dutt intercooler, 60 #r's and some other top secret stuff.

Keep in mind this is on BF's that are 4 years old but look brand new. Even the MT Sportsmans not warm do the same thing.

Similar to Bad V6, if I don't back out of it a little, wheelspin is more like it, possibly some small neck trauma. I have a PTS built trans and to say it shifts quick and firm is an understatement. I have a Vigilante 0 converter if that helps.

2004r barking the tires

In the car I just built motor and tranny,I can smoke the tires(bf drag radials 275/60/15) in first,hit second gear smoking the tires while drifting sideways and by third gear the tires are hot enough to grip the road and hall azzz...now the owner is scared to drive it..:biggrin:

mods include-60lb injectors ,62 turbo,9/11 3000stall converter,razor kit,210 billet roller,ported heads,front mount..etc

"mods include-60lb injectors ,62 turbo,9/11 3000stall converter,razor kit,210 billet roller,ported heads,front mount..etc" - Yup, that'll do it, LOL!!!!

barking is for dogs

You guys sound like the pony forums. Wait, they always say snatching 2nd not barking my bad. Still lame. Spinning is not winning. Funny sounding attention grabbing noises are for ricers with 16 second rides and their BOV's that sound like a mallard duck quacking. Put on a set of 325 m/t drag radials and dead hook ftmfw :eek:

The hardest shifting 2nd gears in 200 4r transmissions I had over the years were done by Dynotech, Extreme Automatics, & V6RACER. Some serious shift firmness in those transmissions.

My Level 10 tranny barks tires on the 2-1 DOWNSHIFT.....its a no BS tranny
Thats with a 3500 stall lockup...:D

tell me if i'm wrong but once you start moving your stall speed has nothing to do with how hard your trans will shift that's all handled by the valvebody and servos. it would be how the shift kit is setup that would determine how hard the car bangs gears, no?

tell me if i'm wrong but once you start moving your stall speed has nothing to do with how hard your trans will shift that's all handled by the valvebody and servos. it would be how the shift kit is setup that would determine how hard the car bangs gears, no?

You're wrong. Think about the converter slippage with a higher stall.

You guys sound like the pony forums. Wait, they always say snatching 2nd not barking my bad. Still lame. Spinning is not winning. Funny sounding attention grabbing noises are for ricers with 16 second rides and their BOV's that sound like a mallard duck quacking. Put on a set of 325 m/t drag radials and dead hook ftmfw :eek:

The hardest shifting 2nd gears in 200 4r transmissions I had over the years were done by Dynotech, Extreme Automatics, & V6RACER. Some serious shift firmness in those transmissions.

I don't street race, so I do not cruise around town on drag radials. The car is stock appearing, so the BF's are fun in street trim.

Lol. All true

Mine used to i think my trans is fubar right now haveing it checked in a week or two

Mine barks sometimes, and bakes them others. Same road, same place, all at WOT....never made sense to me. This is during my weekly drive to keep the fluids circulated and tires from flat spotting. Mine also barks going into reverse.

Back