You can type here any text you want

Educate me on the BB Two step.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Great info. Anyone have any before and after results? As in "without the 2 step, I could only build xx PSI at the line, but with the 2 step I now reach XX."

Also, the comment on transbrake now obsolete, this is because the motor builds the boost, but won't push through the brakes as mush as trying to build w/o the 2 step?

Pretty amazing product, now that I somewhat understand it. ;)
Theres videos of it building boost on a buick in park.....Here ya go bobs original thread look at the vids....http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/305322-2-step-stock-ignition-systems.html

Hi,

There is a lot of good info here.

But, for building boost and launching there is no magic pill. The 2-step is a tool.

How it works has been described pretty well. I think that's covered.

How it affects the launch, and how best to adjust it depends a lot on the car's setup. It can help build more boost at the line, it can help build boost faster on the line, it can help build boost without pushing thru the brakes on the line.

For a foot-brake launch, with marginal brakes, the timing retard reduces torque and increases exhaust heat. So a launch you would push thru before now becomes do-able.

The setting of the RPM's allows you to have more consistent launches. These cars are very hard to get to launch the same way every time, and the 2-step really helps control this.

And, if running alcohol, the unit will really save your bacon by keeping you from hitting the ECM's fuel cut (which will really break parts).

Bob

I don't know if it will help build boost...although it might because you can retard timing at launch which can help some cars. Also may be the banging on the rev limiter may help to, just as the stick shift turbo guys use that antilag setup to create back fires in the headers to get it spooled.

You could wire it to the brake lights or the shifter. Make 1st low have a switch that activates it. Or just put t on ad button and let go when you launch the car.

staging
yellow
yellow - press button = activates low rpm setting on the two step hold gas all the way down to (desired RPM - 3000) and build some boost.
Green light - let go of the two step activating switch - get full power and enjoy the ride
is this about right??

just got the two step yesterday let the fun begin
i will be reading the installation instructions.
BUT does anyone have installation tips??

Mr TurboBob this is going into my Frankenstein (68 Chevelle) which doesn't have the Buick OE fuse block so any electrical installation tips you can offer will be greatly appreciated.
Looking forward to bragging about my "BB2 Step".:biggrin:

thanks for you help guys.

Hooked this thing up today just need the brake pedal switch.

Any way

My car DOES NOT HAVE the CCCI location

Why does it have to be or why did you make it the power source destination??
What function does this Fuse location have that other don't?

I and asking so that i can check to see if i have a similarly functioning fuse location on my Casper's Dash mating harness

thanks for you help guys

dave it has to go to the cci 12v source as instructed as it powers the two step and also controls (interupts) the power going to the CCI module allowing the two step to function

being a hybrid if you dont have a cci fuse ( you should on the casper harness) you could then cut the the power feed to the cci and install two female spade connectors, then plug the switched feed side to one side of the fuse holder and then plug the other end of the holder to the side that goes to the cci unit

i recently installed one on my 86 with fast B2B and so far its holding the rpm nicely
nice part is running alky i can now have a rev limiter that wont lift the heads

dave it has to go to the cci 12v source as instructed as it powers the two step and also interupts the power going to the CCI module allowing the two step to function

being a hybrid if you dont have a cci fuse ( you should on the casper harness) you could then cut the the power feed to the cci and install two female spade connectors, then plug the switched feed side to one side of the fuse holder and then plug the other end of the holder to the side that goes to the cci unit

this sucks

i'll send Caspers an Email asking if one of the Fuse locations on the fuse block is a CCi fuse.

BUT
in the mean time could i drive the car with it powered on any fuse??
it started right up and i drove it around the block, it felt Normal

thanks Dude.

how could i check the fuses my self to see which one could be the CCi?

Pull them one at a time to get what specific reaction??

is it a caspers engine harness?

The ignition module has 2 wires that feed power. The 2-step needs to be connected in line with the wire going to pin M. (and NOT pin P)

Bob

is it a caspers engine harness?

The ignition module has 2 wires that feed power. The 2-step needs to be connected in line with the wire going to pin M. (and NOT pin P)

Bob

On which side of the BB2-Step does the HOT side on the fuse block connect to (Red Or Pink)???

OR

When plugging it into the fuse block Which side goes to the power source ?

Just to make sure i got the right wire- When looking at the module from the driver side of the car, IS The "M" pin the 3rd pin counting from L to R?

Thanks for all your help
Can't wait to try this thing out.

BTW i have looked for hours for a wiring diagram of the CCCI and no luck, If any one can post it or a link to it that would be great.

Post your email, I have the manual on disk, I will send you what I have.

Bryan

the manual can be downloaded here:

Downloads

The red wire connects to the power source. The pink wire feeds the coils.

If you leave the fuse out, the LED's in the unit should not light up... (as a double check)

Bob

WOW that was an intense search
Thank you Vortex Buicks ( Coil )

OK now that i got passed this ship
i just need to make sure that i have the power feed on the correct side or the plug

Thanks for your help guys

Bob's 2 step allows to build all the boost you want without making a ton of power. It works very well. IMO it makes a trans brake obsolete.

Without a trans brake you're preloading the suspension. :aunching off a trans brake is much better.

After finding that last diagram i was able to follow each wire one at a time and confirm wire "M" at the CCCI.
i then removed each Fuse (on the Caspers dash mating wire harness) until i found it's (CCCI) corresponding fuse at the fuse block.
Then proceeded to make sure that i put the supply side on the correct side of the plug.
The other mistake i made was that i ASSumed that the plug was left and right with one wire on each side. NOT the case Both RED AND PINK are on the same side of the plug. talk about filing in the blanks- the red wire has a bit exposed at the plug so that made it easy to check. plugged it in and had not power on the pink wire with out the fuse.
it looks like all i need now is the Switch to test it out.

Back