You can type here any text you want

Educate me on the BB Two step.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Like to hear Bob's take on this.

With or without a trans brake, you need some way to stabilize your launch conditions. If your boost controller will go low enough you can use it, or you can set your RPMs and/or timing retard to hold your launch conditions. Otherwise you will never get a consistent launch.

Without a trans brake, you can use the timing retard to reduce torque so the brakes will hold better (and preload the suspension less)

Bob

I'm no hard core racer but it seems to make more sense to wind up the rubber band before releasing the power.

I don't like hitting my drive train/suspension with a 600hp+ sledge hammer. That just asks to break things but to each is own.

RL

played with this the other day and got some KR. is that normal?
Also what RPM are most setting it to?
OR
How is the best way to determine the RPM cut out and weather full cut or partial cut?
BTW the above questions are all for the first step.
Thanks for your help.

First step questions.
1-How do i determine RPM setting?
2-How is the best way to determine the RPM cut out and weather full cut or partial cut?
3-How much timing retard should i run?
4-How do i determine how much retard to run?
5-I am getting some KR when on the first step, if this normal?

6-The Alky is spraying while on the first step, should i change the Alky settings so that it comes in later?
Thanks for your help.

First step questions.
2-How is the best way to determine the RPM cut out and weather full cut or partial cut?

6-The Alky is spraying while on the first step, should i change the Alky settings so that it comes in later?
Thanks for your help.
Use a a relay to turn off alky during 2 step activation. Use the same wire that turns on the 2 step to activate the relay. Hook up relay to the the map sensor wire of alky system. Intersect that wire. I'd hook those wires up to the normally closed side if the relay. Then when activated, the relay switches to open and breaks the Map sensor circuit, which will turn alky off.

First step questions.

Thanks for your help.

I'm not a really good example since my car is not like most but will answer anyway.

1 - RPM seting is determined based desired lanch boost. For my car and the big turbo, I want to leave at least 10# boost so RPM needs to be 5000+ to get that boost.
2 - RPM cut, full cut and partial cut are determined on how fast your car can build boost. For me, I was using partial cut at 250 before full cut to try and get the turbo to spool faster but will switch it to 500 before full cut and raise the full cut point so the 2 step comes in at the same RPM.
3 - 6 Don't have any input

Allan G.

partial cut and full cut modes arent for two step , they are for main rpm limiter

partial cut and full cut modes arent for two step , they are for main rpm limiter

No, they are for the two step or lower RPM control. I been experimenting with this setting and confirmed they are doing what they are supposed to do.

Allan G.

Use a a relay to turn off alky during 2 step activation. Use the same wire that turns on the 2 step to activate the relay. Hook up relay to the the map sensor wire of alky system. Intersect that wire. I'd hook those wires up to the normally closed side if the relay. Then when activated, the relay switches to open and breaks the Map sensor circuit, which will turn alky off.

Isn't there a input on the controller you can ground to reduce output while on the 2 step?

Isn't there a input on the controller you can ground to reduce output while on the 2 step?
i was just told about this a few hours ago.
HMMM where can i find an ALKY control instruction manual?? I was too dumb to find one at their website???
Maybe some body can post it up???

grounding the purple wire to the pac will delay (reduce) the alky spray while on the two step

The way I explained is to cut alky out all together on the 2 step
Thanks for your help.
I am afraid that the delay of completely off to coming in at 10 psi or higher may be just enough time to let something happen.
From what i understand the reduced method is keeping the pump running and the alky line charged.
On one of my launches i hit 19 PSI just a few frames into the run.

That was the way Cal h wanted it set up on a mid 9 sec car I put together for someone that he tuned. I guess he didn't want any alky at spool up

That was the way Cal h wanted it set up on a mid 9 sec car I put together for someone that he tuned. I guess he didn't want any alky at spool up
got you
My tuning skills = lack of tuning skills, I need all the protection i can get. LOL

if you're on race gas then shutting the alky off with boost isnt a problem , with 93 you're playing with fire

Back