You can type here any text you want

For the guys cutting 1.5-1.6 60'

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNAT87

Ive got the new motor but with the last one the best i ever got was a 1.8 60'. That was all stock other than the airbags. So im asking what will it take me to get there? What suspension setups are the guys running pulling the front tires with a good 60'. I was thinking this....

QA1's all the way around
HR upper adjustables
HR lowers
HR Rear Sway Bar( will remove the front bar then)

I will be foot braking the car.

So what am I missing?

Thanks for all the help in advance,
Taylor

All I have is boxed lca's, ATR rear sway bar, and Bilstein shocks all around. I still have the original springs. I can cut easy 1.5 - 1.6 60' with MT ET Street drag radials (255-60-15).

I got a 1.53 with the following:
Boxed lowers
CE drag shocks
Right air bag
275/60-15 Mickey Thompson drag radials

Stock everything else.

Jim

good deal! seems like it might be cheaper than what I first thought

Thanks for the reply guys...anyone else feel free to post there combo

Thanks, Taylor

stock everything with 10year old shocks i went 1.60 off the foot brake with 275/60 15's MT et street radials

1.6's with stock geometry, stock springs, Monro-matics (I know, sooo high brow), and UCA's & LCA's are fully boxed all the way around the bushing flanges. Graphite poly bushings everywhere. The fully boxed arms really tightened up the rear end.

60 fts

i have metco upper and lowers and a ATR sway bar, also have air bag but has no air in them. best on M/T drag radials is a 1.45. best on hard tires is a 1.67 so far but i'm looking for better 60ft this weekend.

White limited
Stock upper and lower control arms never off car, boxed them on the car.
2 airbags 25psi pass side 8 or so drivers side
atr rear bar
no front sway bar
28x9 et drags
alot of 1.50 to the track figuring out the Qa1 rear shocks.
EDIT :Stock trans 911 convertor and no t-brake
Old timeslips in sig.... with ta 61 and 009s
Now has 60's and big turbo

BW

Taylor I posted a similar post not to long ago in the lounge. Probably should have posted it here instead.

Here it is for you viewing:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/269108-pulling-front-wheels-front-sway-bar.html

Everything was stock with the exception of having air bags and 28x10.5 ET Drags. Air bag pressure was 15/left side and 25/right side.

Maybe this car is just a freak of nature or something. The 60ft was pretty consistant through out the 4 passes I made that night, with the front and rear swaybars were still on too. This was also off the foot brake mind you...

I've owned 7 other Turbo Buick's in the last 8 years and NONE of them ever got a 1.52 I got a couple 1.6's and a ton of 1.8's -1.9 though.

I believe a lot of it is in the combination your running. My little TA/49 turbo and Vigalante convertor is obviously working excellent together, and spool is instant. Track prep is also key to hooking IMO.

Hope you get what your looking for, it shouldn't be to hard to obtain. Good luck. - Ray

Thanks everyone with the help on making my decisions. With the combo I have I feel like the car should launch like an animal....GT6776RH with Dusty's 9.5" 3400. If i can get the car to 60' some 1.5-1.6 I feel like 10.50's shouldnt be a problem. Oh and I know this doesnt help the time but a goal of mine is to be able to pull the tires a little......or hell id be happy with a lot too;) .

Ive got M/T ET Streets and I have M/T ET drags both are 26" which is too short for my car. Do yall think its worth buying 28" in both again? I guess what im trying to ask is what can I expect a good 60' to be on ET streets? Saying both tires had 12 lbs in them at the track how would they compare?

Sorry for all the questions but thanks again, Taylor

1.61 with the original rear suspension, sway bar on, 26X10 slicks and 7# launch. No trans brake.

I guess the only question I have is this: Is this a street car or a race car? I have some suggestions for you, but I need to know your direction.

street car

I just got racing sat at a toy for tots race in the true street class, where you can only have true street tires no dr or bias tires. i had a 1.62 60ft with a 295x50x15 summit tire. my car wights 3500 plus me of 240 plus 160 of sand in the trunk total of 3900#. sunday ran the carr had 1.68 60ft and ran a 7.09at 98mph 11.09 at 121 mph.

umi lowers and 1 air bag pass side set at 4lbs,front sway bar off on mickey drag radials mounted to stock t wheels,leaving off footbrake on 10lbs of boost 1.60 60 ft, i have the uppers but dont have them on yet.

1.55 60ft,metco lowers and air bags,275-60-15 hoosiers,bad track;) 1.58 60ft,air bags,sway bars in,bfg 325-50-15's,good track prep:D

1.54 with bone stock everything.Bushings worn out,car even leans a little on passenger side:eek: 180,000 mile stock suspension.I do have airbags with no air in them,they made my car not hook:confused:

Sorry guys just noticed my thread still going and thanks all for the post. This is a street car that will see the track till im kicked out for no cage. I think for now ive decided to get some new slicks. Ive got some et drag M/T but 26's I just rolled my finders so im going 28's but whats widest I can fit with my 3.5 backspace prostars. Im going to see what the car can do first and im still not going to go to crazy anymore with the suspension seeing some of these post

SS Sean what were you thinking?

Back