Front Timing Cover Ideas

Alky V6

Let's go racing, boyz!
Anyone is welcome to contribute to this thread. I'll start it off by showing some pics and descriptions of the modifications I've done to my timing cover. Most of you are going to wonder why anyone would make such complicated modifications. Let's just say I have a hard time leaving things alone. Anything that can be imagined can be created.

OK guys. Show us your creations.

Nice work

That is an awesome design to go along with some nice craftsmanship…..and that engine:eek: ….keep up the good work….. regards….:biggrin:

Nice work Don! :cool:

Here is a GREAT mod as well!
Don't want to steal his thunder, but I figure it has been posted for some time already ........ :cool:
Turbo Buick V6 Gerotor Oil Pump
Interesting mod. May need to go with two woodruff keys to spread the load of driving that pump.

No one worry about stealing anyones thunder. We all pick up ideas from the variety of designs in everything everywhere.

Beautiful, wish you would get together with a vendor and sell your ideas.
Mike
86 GN

I like your fabrication skills. Very nice! I keep hearing the Styx song "Too much time on my hands" playing in my head.:biggrin: Just think what you could do with a big lotto winning and no need to work a 9-5 job???? Keep it up. I give you a A+ just for style, if nothing else. How do you find time to sleep? I know, I know...........You will get all the sleep you need when you're dead, right?:smile:

I like your fabrication skills. Very nice! I keep hearing the Styx song "Too much time on my hands" playing in my head.:biggrin: Just think what you could do with a big lotto winning and no need to work a 9-5 job???? Keep it up. I give you a A+ just for style, if nothing else. How do you find time to sleep? I know, I know...........You will get all the sleep you need when you're dead, right?:smile:
Thanks. It's always nice to get high marks from your peers.

When I get home from my training TDY I'll put my gerotor front cover on this page. I used a Series II instead of the FWD or Series I covers most have started with grafted under a Stage II drysump upper section. It required external oiling to the block since the oil feed port moved on the front face of the block. Set to fire with a test run of the 2 piece design in early May, if it leaks I'll take it to the welder on my welding jig and have them weld the 2 halfs together but the 2 piece design was more DIY and cheaper.

Nice work Don! :cool:

Here is a GREAT mod as well!
Don't want to steal his thunder, but I figure it has been posted for some time already ........ :cool:
Turbo Buick V6 Gerotor Oil Pump

Thanks for posting the link to my gerotor oil pump set-up. Just wanted to tell everyone that the oil pump has been working flawlessly. I feel much better now that I've eliminated a lot of the wear (especially on cold start-up) on the timing chain, gears and the cam sensor gear that is normally associated with high volume/high pressure aftermarket pumps. Now the load is all on the crankshaft. This set-up is what GM should have done even before they phased out the RWD platform.

gerotortimingcover.jpg

gerotortimingcover2.jpg

DSCF4499%20(Medium).JPG

oilfilter.jpg

Kendall is what got me going on mine and I borrowed the idea of using the upper half of a Stage II drysump cover to make it fit better. I took it a bit of a different direction by using the Series II front cover though.

I'm TDY for training right now and don't have my pictures or camera with me. I'll put them up when I get home, probably Sunday night most likely.