Fuel Sensor for XFI

Where do you read the ethanol content on the xfi? I want to put the sensor in but not necessarily run in flex fuel mode, at least not all the time.

Just ordered up my sensor, pigtail harness, fittings and an assembly to run to the sender. All ready for E85. BTW, Jegs has a kick ass online price matching policy!

upload_2016-4-14_22-43-42.png

NICE!

Is this all that is needed? (besides the chip)
Toby runs an xfi. The sensor (& programming) is all that's needed for him to run flex fuel. I strongly recommend running 2.05 if running flex fuel

with 2.05 software and the flex fuel sensor i can run pump gas in my for those emergency long trips in the GN :)

Cal tuned my car on the dyno when I had e85 in it. Set the tune to compensate when I run pump gas. When i put 93 in the tank i turned the CO^2 bottle off. Then when the AMS commands co^2 there is none to provide. I run a 10 lb spring which allows me to make about 15 psi of boost. perfect for getting home from the grocery store on pump gas :)

The cars runs great on pump gas (cal nailed the tune up) but is alot more fun on e85 with the bottle on.

These words here Sam, are why I finished up getting the rest of the items needed to deliver e85

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Most put it in the return line. Connect signal to xfi pin A6

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Most put it in the return line. Connect signal to xfi pin A6

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Thanks, but I was looking for more detail on where it was on the return line. Do you need any other fittings or was fuel line hose and clamps used?
Wiring the sensor; which wire goes where?

I don't mind doing an official write up with pictures for all to see and use, since it looks like I will need one according to Holly ;)

Thanks, but I was looking for more detail on where it was on the return line. Do you need any other fittings or was fuel line hose and clamps used?
Wiring the sensor; which wire goes where?

I don't mind doing an official write up with pictures for all to see and use, since it looks like I will need one according to Holly ;)
Depends if you are using the existing lines or new AN lines on conversion if you need fittings to adapt for a clean install. I have all the part numbers I used at the top of this page. I ran signal wire which I made white to pin A6, black to ground and red to 12v switch. very very very easy chore to do for wiring. The plumbing took a little more work.

Depends if you are using the existing lines or new AN lines on conversion if you need fittings to adapt for a clean install. I have all the part numbers I used at the top of this page. I ran signal wire which I made white to pin A6, black to ground and red to 12v switch. very very very easy chore to do for wiring. The plumbing took a little more work.

Thanks.... I will be using stock lines, so I am also looking to identify which one is the return

wont be able to use the stock return. I would encourage you to research and read through many of these posts about what others (including myself) changed to make sure the conversion was done properly. First point I want to make, is that you cannot use the stock return line, it's too small and causes too high of pressure due to amount of increased flow needed for E85. Many have used the stock FEED line to supply the return circuit, then run a new AN8 fuel supply line from the tank. Fuel is something you DO NOT want to skimp out on, or cut corners on. Keep reading some more, and I feel you will get some consensus of what everyone has done with and without successful results.

I have been told by many that stock lines will be fine with my setup on e85. Now, I maybe at the limits but should be fine. If adding a sensor is going to cause that big of restriction, then that is a major design flaw. What about this Y setup or branching off to the sensor ? I am not in the position of replacing all the fuel lines and I would need to change my DP setup due to the different fittings.

Anyways, I also did not see anything in this thread regarding stock lines with a flex fuel sensor

I have been told by many that stock lines will be fine with my setup on e85. Now, I maybe at the limits but should be fine. If adding a sensor is going to cause that big of restriction, then that is a major design flaw. What about this Y setup or branching off to the sensor ? I am not in the position of replacing all the fuel lines and I would need to change my DP setup due to the different fittings.

Anyways, I also did not see anything in this thread regarding stock lines with a flex fuel sensor

You should research or search where people have issues with high fuel pressure with using stock lines. The sensor doesnt restrict you, the stock return line size does. You have a double pumper and will use stock return with e-85...?? whoof! The sensor line size is 3/8" the stock return line size is smaller. I believe the stock supply line size 3/8" hence the reason many have converted the supply into a return. I get the issue with having barb fitting on your existing setup. I eliminated my existing barbs on an old setup, and had AN fittings slid over the lines and silver soldered on. I'd slow up and save till you can do it correctly.

Just switched from 60 to 80 lb injectors and from a 255 to DW300 pump. No issues on stock lines, setting fuel pressure. Switched over to the SD2 setup also. About to install flex fuel sensor, only to monitor the ethanol content.

Just switched from 60 to 80 lb injectors and from a 255 to DW300 pump. No issues on stock lines, setting fuel pressure. Switched over to the SD2 setup also. About to install flex fuel sensor, only to monitor the ethanol content.
That is good. You will be at the stock line limits. Mine is a bit more, with 160# injectors on e85 feeding a 6466 turbo

Toby runs an xfi. The sensor (& programming) is all that's needed for him to run flex fuel. I strongly recommend running 2.05 if running flex fuel
Cal, What flex fuel sensor are you recommending at this time? Also where do you recommend placement? front of car or rear? If you have the racetronix teflon line kit can you cut the line to put the sensor in?