You can type here any text you want

GN1 headers vs TA Headers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Best headers for the money IMO are the SE's that TR custom parts sells. They are similar to TA's and are made in the USA.

DSC00318.JPG

do u have a link to where u can purchase them?

I like both compared to stock oem. Not that they're needed but, I still prefer the KB style crossover. Just can't find ANY reason or benefit in the design.

Thanks Joe

I did not see "made in USA" on the website.

I'll be sure to put it on there.:) We sell both SE and KB style headers, I have the KB style on my own GN. Mine bolted on without any issues and have been on there for years now. Only mod I made was to have the crossover welded up. Like previously stated the main drawback on the KB style is that you are required to use a downpipe designed for this type of header as the crossover comes up into the motor compartment and occupies the space a regular downpipe would be.

TR Custom Parts said:
I'll be sure to put it on there.:) We sell both SE and KB style headers, I have the KB style on my own GN. Mine bolted on without any issues and have been on there for years now. Only mod I made was to have the crossover welded up. Like previously stated the main drawback on the KB style is that you are required to use a downpipe designed for this type of header as the crossover comes up into the motor compartment and occupies the space a regular downpipe would be.

Besides requiring a custom DP, did you your self and or any customer recall recall any difference in spool time or heat changes? Can't get a strait answer in one way or another. Appreciate it

Thanks Joe

hello; Could someone post up a picture of a stock set off the car.
IBBY

hello people; If someone knows how to post all 3 header designs on the same page it would be real nice. I'm going back and forth trying to see differances and it kinda sucks. I think the stock looks much simpler than others. I do have the TA (not installed) but I'd like to see em togeather.
thanks men
IBBY
good work Joe

I would not use, buy, or recommend the ATR/KB style. I have always liked the stock style better. The SE/TA style is better or cars that make power in the 550rwhp+ range. I have used the stock replacements from TA. Nice!! I think I will try the SE style from Mark this Spring because I know TurboBuRick and his definition of quality.
HR mounts do nothing for header fitment. Head deck thickness and block deck height changes will effect the crossover fitment. Downpipe fitment is effected by motor mounts and the turbo flange location. This is all from my personal experience on many TRs, not pictures or "hear say".
Hope it helps.

jasjamz said:
I would not use, buy, or recommend the ATR/KB style. I have always liked the stock style better. The SE/TA style is better or cars that make power in the 550rwhp+ range. I have used the stock replacements from TA. Nice!! I think I will try the SE style from Mark this Spring because I know TurboBuRick and his definition of quality.
HR mounts do nothing for header fitment. Head deck thickness and block deck height changes will effect the crossover fitment. Downpipe fitment is effected by motor mounts and the turbo flange location. This is all from my personal experience on many TRs, not pictures or "hear say".
Hope it helps.

Just to clarify, I thinks it's a typo, you mentioned the SE/TA headers are better "for" cars in the 550rwhp+ range?

This is what I'm try to get at.
What are your thoughts

Thanks Joe

I bought a set of these mild steel TA headers from ArizonaGN about 7 years ago.
When we went to install them they would not line up properly and there was some drilling involved.
When I called to voice my concern i was told I must have gotten an set from the old design. o_O
After some drilling and fine tuning they do work fine and there aren't any leaks.
The only problem I come across, besides initial install, is when pulling the engine with the transmission still attached, you have you remove the passenger side header or it will not come out.

D
untitled.bmp

In the OP original post, my answer would be zero difference in your current setup. I have the TA SS headers and like them a lot. The only pain in the ass that I encountered with these headers are your starter selections. When I had my ATR's on the car, I ran it with a Hi Torque Lt1 starter. I got the TA headers and tried to use my LT1 starter and it would not line up. The pipe got in the way.
IMG_0025.jpg

So I was forced in using the Crappy Turbobuick starter which crapped out on me twice.
IMG_0026.jpg

Then bought a Hi Torque Starter from Dan at DLS to remedy this problem. So be ready to drop for a good starter out the gate if you go with the TA header.

hello; Well that blows about the starter motor. Is that LT1 like the one NCturbos is selling? I recently bought one with thoughts of using it with my TA's.
Is that DLS SM weight saving light like the LT1? How much was it?
IBBY

Back