Just say BOOST 71 PTE Billet

Great! Thanks for the update! I have had this ordered since April and cant wait for it to show up.:biggrin:

Where do you draw the line with horsepower tho with a 109?

The 6765 is rated at 900 hp. which 99% of the racers or street guys will never hit in their wildest dreams. And if they did it would be at 40 PSI. Even if the 71 makes 1000 hp who is gonna beable to run anywhere near that number? Maybe (2) guys in TSM...:rolleyes:

So what about next year when the 71 is making 1100 hp. and the year after that at 1150 or 1200 hp. Even a 109 made to withstand brutal hp. will never beable to handle that kinda power.

I'm sure the S2 guys will benifit from it but if ur running a S2 and racing it in a class then ur running something much larger then a 71.

Poking around I understand the "old 71 billet wheel to be a real high pressure wheel. Like 30+. I am hoping the new blade design will move more air at a lower overall compressor speed.

I just ordered mine from Hartline...

My Format is the standard GN1 head built 109. I am trying to run 9.70s with a 1.48 60' on Methanol (25-27 psi) in a 3500lb Buick. We shall see if this compressor will lend itself to these goals.

Where do you draw the line with horsepower tho with a 109?

The 6765 is rated at 900 hp. which 99% of the racers or street guys will never hit in their wildest dreams. And if they did it would be at 40 PSI. Even if the 71 makes 1000 hp who is gonna beable to run anywhere near that number? Maybe (2) guys in TSM...:rolleyes:

So what about next year when the 71 is making 1100 hp. and the year after that at 1150 or 1200 hp. Even a 109 made to withstand brutal hp. will never beable to handle that kinda power.

I'm sure the S2 guys will benifit from it but if ur running a S2 and racing it in a class then ur running something much larger then a 71.

Well said, if they want to make money they should use all that technology to develop a turbo that will make around 750hp with the least amount of boost for the street driven turbo buicks which is 90% of all the cars on the road, lets say dual bb with the new Billet wheels, water cooled, 4 inch inlet with a 3 inch outlet, that could easily be spooled by a convertor ranging from 2,800 to 3,400 rpm, if they could make that and make it last longer than 5,000 miles which is what the last 2 turbonetics lasted before they started smoking hard on me., I'd take one., of course make it affordable.. :)

I think we need a good up-to-date write up of the format/standard used to define the HP ratings on turbos.

The two that I know of is
1. Calculated on the amount of work (lbs/min) that a turbo is capable of doing at different compressor speeds.
2. Dynometer HP measured on a car with X setup.

What method is being used? and why?

I think we need a good up-to-date write up of the format/standard used to define the HP ratings on turbos.

The two that I know of is
1. Calculated on the amount of work (lbs/min) that a turbo is capable of doing at different compressor speeds.
2. Dynometer HP measured on a car with X setup.

What method is being used? and why?

Compressor maps would be the best way to analyze the cold side of a turbo. Unfortunately 99% of the guys who run one of these turbos will never have an optimum combo or tune. Therefore their numbers will suck. Id rather be able to know what mass flow a turbo is capable of and then select the least restrictive setup for the hot side that does not make the car a complete pig when stabbing it from a roll.

Thinking of getting a 71 billet but worrying about it all being just hype.I have been talking to one of our engineers at work as we work on a lot of forced induction airplanes.He is very skeptical of the huge performance gains with the new wheel.I want someone to prove him wrong so I can buy one of these!

Just to be clear on "billet” It’s not the material that makes the horsepower. Its begins with the strength of the billet material over cast wheels that allow PTE to engineer enhanced aerodynamics. If it was simply a copied of an original cast wheel like Garrett and other OE's provide, the airplane friend would be correct. The strength of the billet materials allow us to purpose build the compressors for racing / street use. Not highway truck compressor wheels adapted with a list of compromises that we no longer have to deal with!
YEA..WE love making new products !!

Regards
Harry

Waiting for 1st round

I dont think there anymore durable, But its needed for the draw thru systems. which are wet flow.

A.j.

And they have some drag that slows spool up. I do not think any of our 86/87 ugrades were built with a carbon seal over the years, for that reason.
I know hot air cars need them, Just very costly to do it.

Harry

If they could make that and make it last longer than 5,000 miles which is what the last 2 turbonetics lasted before they started smoking hard on me., I'd take one., of course make it affordable.. :)

Wow, 5k and it (they) started smoking? What did your vendor or Turbonetics have to say about that?