Let me tell you about Lonnie Diers

captflash

Old and Bold
I have had a Stage 1 transmission from Lonnie coming up on 2 years. After about 11 months I lost second gear and had several other issues with the transmission. When I contacted Lonnie he told me to get it to him and he would fix it free of charge which he did. I got the transmission installed and didn't drive my car for about 4 months due to being out of the country. This is my only car, my daily driver. Anyway,after returning I drive my car for about 6 months and with no warning I lost everything but 1st and reverse so again I contacted Lonnie. He once again told me to get the transmission to him and he would fix it free of charge to which I replied that I didn't want this transmission anymore and asked him what sort of deal he would make me on a Stage 2. He really went way beyond the call, beyond all expectations when he immediately responded with he would sell me the Stage 2 for the difference in price between the Stage 1 and the Stage 2. Now keep in mind that the Stage 1 had 20,000+ miles on it and was 20 months old!! Pretty impressive and generous. But it only gets better as far as customer service is concerned.
I have a local mechanic install the transmission and after driving the car for 3 days I get a call from my sister saying our mother is very ill and is going into Hospice. I jump in the car at 4 am the next morning and start the 15 hour drive to Savannah. About 5:30pm, midway between Jacksonville, Fl. and Brunswick Georgia I loose all transmission service. After getting a tow truck and not being able to get a rent a car in Kingsland Ga. I get a hotel room and call Lonnie. His response is classic customer service. Without asking what he could do he said " I'm building a new transmission for you tomorrow and I will drive down and install it for free" His shop is in Cincinnati 15+ hours of driving each way!!!!!
I left my car in Kingsland and drove to Savannah the next day. I got there in time and was able to be with my mother in her last few days in the world as she passed away quietly in her sleep.
Lonnie, true to his word came down and brought down the new Stage 2 but when he got the car on the lift he discovered that the mechanic who installed the transmission had not properly torqued down the bellhousing bolts and the bolts backed out, the transmission slid back and the pump broke as a result. He installed a new pump, test drove my car and started the long drive back to Cincinnati. I called him to see how things went and he explained what had happened. I thanked him profusely and asked him what I owed him to which he replied "just pay for my gas money". I was stunned. I can't and wont let him eat someone elses mistake especially after all the effort he made and the great deal he gave me. For me to say that Lonnie is the epitome of customer service would be a gross understatement. He far surpassed all obligations and warranties, actions of a good friend. Thank you Lonnie and if anyone wants a great product and customer service off the scale, Lonnie is the man.
Thanks for letting me rant. Ross

WOW! Great story. He is a good man.

My condolence on your mothers passing.

D

He will have my business as soon as im ready. I was thinking about having him do my engine as well as my trans. Just have to call him and get pricing. I bought a gas tank from a chicago member two years ago that Lonnie did an engine and trans and he praised him. He said his engines are as good as his transmissions. Word of mouth goes a long way when your good and its working for Lonnie. I have never met or talked to Lonnie and he has my business when im ready.

Lonnie is the best of the very best, thats all there is too it. I have two transmission there now. I've installed 4 of his transmissions in the past year or so and I cant say enough about his loyalty to his customers. That is an understatement in itself. The guy is freakin awesome and thats all there is to it. -----Jeremy

Wow.... first of i am sorry for your loss.....

Next, I know if i EVER need another tranny i will bring it to Lonnie - just on the fact of his AWESOME customer service AND the fact he stands behind the products he builds... JD has been telling me about him for years.... Keep it up Lonnie you seem like a GENUINELY good guy - which is extremely hard to find these days.

aaron

I know where I am going when I need my tranny done :D.

I thought you were straight Zack?:eek::biggrin:

Lonnie's one of the good guys for sure and has been helpful to a lot of members. Now if only he'd move to Texas.;)

First, sorry for losing your Mom

Regarding Lonnie... I recently purchased a stroker long block from him During the discussions I mentioned that I should probably have my stock, but beefed up, transmission tuned up. Lonnie had done the beefing up a few years beforehand.

Lonnie's immediate response was that there was no need to work on the trans and that it would be fine as is. Now how many guys do you know, who are in business for themselves, turn that exact business away that is being layed at their feet?? IMO it takes a super honest guy to do that. I wish Lonnie sold everything I bought...lawnmowers, drywall, groceries, etc...if he did he'd be my "One Stop Shopping" location :)

Bob Kolhouse

He is def honest. Came to my house and fixed mine in my garage for free and re installed it to boot.
He is also building my 1500 HP T400 for my new car as we speak.

Thanks everyone for your kind words regarding my mom. This community is special and the sponsors and vendors are great. In addition to Lonnie I've had great dealings with Cal Hartline, Hartline Performance, and Julio of Alkycontrol and many others including Cotton's, Full Throttle and more. All great supporters of our cars and genuinely good people.

Sorry to hear about your loss.
I never had any dealings with Lonnie,but I know others that have.They love his trannies,and customer service.This is a great story.

Very sorry to hear about your mother.

I must be snakebit or something. I paid Lonnie in full about 10 weeks ago and was told that he would be building it 5 weeks. I was finally able to talk with him after contacting Andre at edge racing converters (close friend of his) in an attempt to get ahold of him. He told the transmission would be out the door that week (2 weeks ago). Now, he's not returning my phone calls and emails. I don't know what's going on. Can anyone shed any light or help???

Sorry to hear about you loss.
As for Lonnie, you are not going to find a more honest man. I had an issue with my stage II and no questions were asked just ship it to me. I also talked to Lonnie about a 1/4 mile pass I made and he told me that I had too much converter slippage and told me to contact Dusty Bradford about a PTC converter even though he sales converters himself. He said his converter would work but in my application Dusty had a better converter. I bought the converter and picked up .49 in the 1/4 mile. The only thing changed was the converter from the last year which I went 12.09 with the new converter i went 11.60 with almost identical 60` times. As far as Im concerned Lonnie Diers is the man.

hello; RIP
I don't know Lonnie at all and this post will go along way. It's nice to here there are people out there like that. You here there are that but I can say for myself I don't know of any that would do all that.
IBBY

Very sorry for your loss prayers sent for you and your family during this time. As far as Lonnie, he has the BEST custiomer service I have EVER recieved!!! I have been in pinches before and he has went way wbove beyond for me!!! Great vendor and just a straight up awesome guy in general!!!
I have bought transmissions for a few vendors and Lonnie and Jason White are the only two I will use as they are straight up no hustle!!

went from one of his th400's that was the most reliable part of my car to one of his stage 2 200's to fit into the ths class. I was not real thrilled about switching out the th400 because it was a part of the car I never had to worry about. Anyways, the 200 had 200 hits put on it this summer. 95% of those were 10.1-10.3 passes. A couple 9 sec passes and a some reps around town. Well, the trans has worked flawlessly and became a part of the car that I didn't even think about again. I also raced in a street race style event here locally at our track. This event required running 7-9 full 1/4 mile runs in about 45 minutes. The trans never missed a beat. Thanks Lonnie! By the way, his electric brake is fast. In bowling green this year, all my lights on the pro tree were in the low .1xx's with the exception of the finals which was a .024. That is my all time best reaction on a pro tree. Anyone that has raced one of these cars on a pro tree knows that a fast trans brake is essential to going rounds....this brake is the piece if you are a serious racer and using a 200.