lets get together in NC

Off of Glenwood, right in the middle 540 and 440, I'm pretty flexible, so whatever works best for you. Could meet in a parking lot around Crabtree then jump back on 440 and onto 40 from there. Just let me know what is easiest. :)

Slider if you are as close to 540 why don't we meet at Triangle. Town center. That way I wouldn't have to back track. Then we could just continue on to 40 via 440. Or are you closer to 440?

Re: RE tranny problems

Originally posted by SloGN
hey guys

I tore into the trans this afternoon to find that the pump rotor has broken into several places. I hope to have a new pump and converter adn the trans back in by march 12. if not i doubt i come up

If worse comes to worse I have an 85 vintage trans that is just taking up space, and it did work when I pulled it. If you want it come get it.

Re: Re: RE tranny problems

Originally posted by kh440
If worse comes to worse I have an 85 vintage trans that is just taking up space, and it did work when I pulled it. If you want it come get it.

i really appreciate it . But the biggest thing about the whole deal is i'm either going have to replace the convertor or send it off to be fixed. getting the front pump fixed is no problem my buddy has a few junk transmissions so i can rob the pump housing and build that . but if i can't find someone local to repair the convertor i will have to send it back to bruce.

It's not under warranty since i bought the convertor used even tho it's only about a yr old......

I'd like to come.. March and April are going to be busy months for me but I'm going to see if I can get up there for the day. Of course, with me being a vegan, the choice of restraunt sounds like it may be challenging for me but Im sure I can figure out a way to work around it.

Jay, we would be glad to have you attend. I'm sure the restraunt will have something to your liking.;)

Just wanted to throw this back out.....did we fall on 2:00 or 4:00 pm? Not that it really matters to me but I would reather do 4:00. What does everyone else think???

Originally posted by JayC
I'd like to come.. March and April are going to be busy months for me but I'm going to see if I can get up there for the day. Of course, with me being a vegan, the choice of restraunt sounds like it may be challenging for me but Im sure I can figure out a way to work around it.

Jay, It would be great to have someone famous there. :D

K.

Originally posted by Fasstcars
I think we decided on 4 so we could hang out for some street action later.

Are you interested in checking out these Telestars yet? If you bring the Buick we can mount them on the car for the "street action". :cool:

K.

Originally posted by Fasstcars
SloGN....I have a shop I've dealt with here in Raleigh that rebuilds tranny's. He's in the process of doing the one in my buick and should be ready monday. He has done numerous tranny's in the area including my 6 speed in the camaro with all the viper upgrades and also the 6 speed in my friends vette. He has the availabilty on all the parts to do any upgrade you want to the 200r4. Reasonable price to and I'm sure you could have it back and in by the 12th. Here is his web site:

http://www.staplesautoengineering.com/

His name is Craig Staples and his phone number is (919)570-1707

Known Craig a long time, and he has created some pretty amazing stuff.......

Yep Craig is a good guy. He's been doing work for me for about 6 yrs.

NCTURBO's
Let me see how much money I have after I pick up my trans and I will let you know. I'm rollin in the Camaro this time. My car won't be ready yet. Probably will be ready for next months meet.

Can someone give me the name and address of the steak house again. I want to mapquest it. Or if someone has directions from Raleigh. Thanks

Bennits Smoke House
1819 Fairgrove Church Rd., SE

I-40 to exit 128. Go south towards US 70. Restaurant is at corner of US 70 and Fairgrove Church Rd.

hey guys

well i have the trans all ready to go back in. Now i am waiting on the converter to be repaired this week.

Greg Slack of
Converter design system located in albermarle, NC

Greg is repairing the hub drive on my 9-11 converter that was .030 out of spec from the factory. That is what killed my front pump.

Re: hey guys

Originally posted by SloGN

Greg Slack of
Converter design system located in albermarle, NC

Greg is repairing the hub drive on my 9-11 converter that was .030 out of spec from the factory. That is what killed my front pump.

I hope it's not costing you too much to have repaired. 'Cause if you're making enough power to run 10's and lock that 9-11 at w.o.t. it won't last very long. You'll blow through those clutches quickly. We learned that first hand on cars making enough power to run 125+mph.

K.

What time should we get to Hickory?
Conrad Carter