You can type here any text you want

Ls1 Chalenge, Will I Have A Chance?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
I was challenged recently by a guy who has a ls1 and claims to have 450rwhp on just the motor. and on top of that he's shooting 200shot of nitrous. well he wants to go from a 70mph roll. I have a TE45a w/.63 percision housing, big PTE stock location IC, 60lb mototron injectors, RJC power plate, 3" THDP, translator plus, 3.5" LS1 MAF, scanmaster, direct scan, more in my sig. but I plan on doing this with 28-30lbs boost, all race gas. please let me know if anyone has run one with nitrous from a roll..tuning info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Scot w

Challange

The ls-1 love's gas. I had a 99 ram air w/a 200 shot ,w/ headers, a yank 3600 converter & 3:73 & all bolt ons .Nothing done to the motor that touched oil & the best pass breaking the rer end was 10.87@127. that was w/ 520hp to the wheels w/ gas & good luck .hope this is helpful :)

scot w. said:
I was challenged recently by a guy who has a ls1 and claims to have 450rwhp on just the motor. and on top of that he's shooting 200shot of nitrous. well he wants to go from a 70mph roll. I have a TE45a w/.63 percision housing, big PTE stock location IC, 60lb mototron injectors, RJC power plate, 3" THDP, translator plus, 3.5" LS1 MAF, scanmaster, direct scan, more in my sig. but I plan on doing this with 28-30lbs boost, all race gas. please let me know if anyone has run one with nitrous from a roll..tuning info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Scot w
do not race his a$$ on a roll!! race him from a dig, it will be a diffcult race becuase he is more likely in mid to low 11 sec. zone.

You will probably lose from a 70 mph roll if his car is what he says it is......BUT.....he only wants to race from 70 mph because he has so much of a lower chance from a dig...a REAL race in my opinion. Tell him only guys who can't drive want to race from a roll :)

I would go from a dig, but if they still want to go from a roll try around 20-30 mph, those LS1's fly up top. I raced a kid I know from around town about a year ago. He had Thunder Racing head and cam package, exhaust,cold air,re-calibrated comp. I had GN'1s,212/212 comp roller,strech intercooler, and a TE-44. I had him about a car length up till about 125, and then he was able to get by me. With equal hp to you N/A and a 200 shot he will walk by you up top.

Race Set!!

The race is set to be at the 411 speedway in seymour TN 37865 on sept 18th. on that day a buddy of mine is renting the whole track for the pro-touring guy's, popular Hot Rodding will be there like last year and along with some other magasine editors. this is a free event and ANY turbo regal guys are welcome. these boy's who want to run me will be there along with some mustang trash talkers also. If your interested in coming look up (411 speedway) in seymour, TN 37865 and get the address off the website or directions from where you are. Also in town that same weekend is the fall (Grand Rod-Run )in Pigeon Forge TN only 20mi from the track. this rod-run is one of the largest rod-runs you will ever see!!! over 14miles of 3-lane cruising. i'll try to get you the site that lists the event and if someone else finds it. post it please! Scot w.

posted

I just posted a new thread in here with the link to the rod run. this is a must see event, it's unbelivable!!!! :biggrin:

UDLOSE said:
I would go from a dig, but if they still want to go from a roll try around 20-30 mph, those LS1's fly up top. I raced a kid I know from around town about a year ago. He had Thunder Racing head and cam package, exhaust,cold air,re-calibrated comp. I had GN'1s,212/212 comp roller,strech intercooler, and a TE-44. I had him about a car length up till about 125, and then he was able to get by me. With equal hp to you N/A and a 200 shot he will walk by you up top.
IMHO, racing a TR on a roll is a no-no!. Too much stress for the little v6 on a roll!! best bet is from a dig!. just my 00.2 cents

I have plenty of confidence in my Regal from a roll. We just have to make sure we have the right things going on a the right times. ;)

darkred87T said:
I have plenty of confidence in my Regal from a roll. We just have to make sure we have the right things going on a the right times. ;)

I assume you are talking about a stock LS1 car..... Your sig indicates you trap 106...... a stock LS1 car can almost trap that if not slightly more. A roll will only highlight the LS1 strenghts... from a dig.... the regal can level the playing field IMHO. Pick your battles..... as the LS1 that was the topic this thread..... is capable of 120+ trap speds.

My point is my stock turbo'd car won't trap 120.... and according to your sig... yours won't either.... that's all...... My car will trap 120 at some point... just not with my current mods..... I am going to sneak up on it..... I drive mine 400-500 miles per week.

Hey, hats off to ya, that's a lot miles to put on a TR daily. I'll get my 120+ trap speed one day too. My only point was, Justa6 was saying racing a TR from a roll is a no no. Iv'e seen guys in person run well over 120+ in the 1/4 in fact well over 130+ with the V6 Buicks. I think our cars are plenty capable of racing from a roll.

Point taken......

But... from a roll needs to have boundries.... 70+ roll IMHO is pretty open ended..... surely you would admit not only is that insane on the street... but 120+ these bricks get alot less sleek through the wind compared to the f-bodies......

Now..... 30-100 or 110..... these turbocharged bricks I am sure can hold their own

Oh, I would never agree to a premeditated race on the street anyway. And from a 70MPH roll, I would probably pack it in around 110. I will admit though, from my experience at the drag strip, the sweet spot with my Regal seems to be the 1/8 mile.

ive run on open highways plenty of times and i feel my car is a beast from a roll starting anywhere from 40-75 up to 120.... i will never take it into OD(past 120) because its too fast for the street and OD can put a huge strain on our cars but i can usually hold my own pretty well with the LS1 and 03/4 cobras that trap similar to me.

I always try to go from a dig, it's more fun and shows a more complete performance profile for a car. I used to race this guy with a worked-over N/A Civic (yeah, I know :redface: ) that ran about 14 flat or so at 100+, not too shabby. From a roll it was kind of a challenge, I had to work to get him, but from a dig I murdered him from beginning to end. By the time I hit 130 I could barely see his headlights.

darkred87T said:
Hey, hats off to ya, that's a lot miles to put on a TR daily. I'll get my 120+ trap speed one day too. My only point was, Justa6 was saying racing a TR from a roll is a no no. Iv'e seen guys in person run well over 120+ in the 1/4 in fact well over 130+ with the V6 Buicks. I think our cars are plenty capable of racing from a roll.
i was not saying a TR can't hadle a race from a roll,it is too much stress for the motors itself. the power point in our car is in low-to mid Rpm. The odds of damaging the engine roll racing is high,very high,as i have broken/bent pushrods and spitten rods out like bullets.

Back