You can type here any text you want

New best Holley

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
yes 28"s and 3.42 boost is only 24lb boost. It is an early 5857 so it an old Turbinetics F57 exhaust wheel.

Also just looked again.. Dropping into and out of closed loop.
You can uncheck any of the traces on the log.
Try to deactivate some and look at only rpm, the closed loop, afr commanded and actual.
I'm wondering if the alky system is being sucked dry and messing with the afr.
Is it using a lot of alky?
Maybe turn the boost down, kill the alky, and see if AFR commanded and actual are close.

You might want to take a look at your fuel table, it is pulling 30% fuel in 1st and 2nd gear. At about 2.2 seconds in the fuel flow jumps around 176lbs/hr when it goes open loop.

thanks Chuck for your time and help.These 6 passes were the first WFO pulls and you are correct it is rich. Now I have 1 saved log I can try to find the other 5 in the computer to compare.
I have closed loop correction on because my WFO fuel table was not a very educated guess
But in the lower RPM rang that part of the fuel table is very close.
Im logging ALKY PSI and it appears to be tracking good with the boost.
the timing table and AFR table is a copy of my 6.1 TT chip took hours to extract that data. ALKY pump is new and tested good. ALKY is back to the default settings as a starting point. Now I try to decide to remove ALKY,Fuel or add timing.

Thanks you too TType yes the table is just a guess using Holley setup info so I need to work on the higher boost and RPM portion of the table after I hit post I'll post the tune.
Like I said the timing and AFR is off the TT chip Its not in stone so Im going to revisit AFR at ALKY turn on, like I said above there is options to fix the rich spots
Im not convinced that 3 or 4 Dyno pules will tell me much more than what I have today

No not a unusual amount of ALKY
and all my Idle and cruse AFR is +- 1% up to 70 mph and 0 boost up his 7% grade for 6 miles.

This area of the fuel map is an issue:
1730152070752.png

The red numbers are because there is not enough fuel to support that ve% In my tune it is a closer to 100 but my tune still needs work in that area.

1730152792470.png

Your learn table from your lower boost runs looks like it was pulling 30% out. I wouldn't pull all 30% out of the table at one time in the tune, maybe 10% at a time and see where the correction is going.

I am sure there are a lot more people who know a lot more than me that can look at it but that is just some things that stood out to me. I think once you get the tuning in line there is a 10 and the missing mph there :)

Another question is why did it drop out of closed loop? Looking at the log/tune again it looks like it hit your low rpm over-rev which I think will pull it out of CL.

Last edited:
your correct that is one bad looking learn table.But out on the road steady driving in Open Loop its beautiful under 2500 and 0 boost
Yes lower boost is a mess and I have been methodically working small parts. With this log I'll be able to make a better guess at the numbers.
If I can get the new wheel bearing from Mark Willams this week and get it back together ill return to track nov 15th Good thing I do all my work and don't need to rely on some shop.
Yes I see that but my new numbers in the table have come down to 103

Back