New Spoolfool contest for new product. Need ideas.

Nice
Oil
Pan
Thanks, yes I do log oil temps. I have real world data on oil temps. No oil cooler needed from what I have seen. Now i dont do autocross, that might be a time to use one.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Hopefully I’m not too late to enter the engine bay contest. Fabricated my own inner fender wells, radiator top plate and lots of mounting brackets. Need to make one of my battery boxes for the new battery mount. Still not done but I’m coming to terms with always having something to do on these cars!

Attachments

• 9BD6DD6C-85D5-4FFC-B04D-36E483EFDF97.jpeg
    9BD6DD6C-85D5-4FFC-B04D-36E483EFDF97.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 113
  • 8E2ECF75-1805-4843-B47B-3087A983A355.jpeg
    8E2ECF75-1805-4843-B47B-3087A983A355.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 102
  • 8D7D565B-CF4E-4CFC-BF70-E749FCB5D5E7.jpeg
    8D7D565B-CF4E-4CFC-BF70-E749FCB5D5E7.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 100
I need to step up my game. Some amazing work and pics here. Nice job everyone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Getting ready to pick this hour. Any more? I'll be giving away three carbon fiber Drip-Lips to the top three Engines.

Getting ready to pick this hour. Any more? I'll be giving away three carbon fiber Drip-Lips to the top three Engines.
Early congrats to the winners. Several nice engine bays from stock to wild.

Most definitely, a big thanks to all those who took the time to post up in this thread, and who understand the priceless value in keeping this board around and fun for the next generation of Turbo Buick enthusiasts.

On a side note: There is a rumor going around that Dennis Kirban, Boost Crew are both doing a summer special on my new Drip-Lips of only $159.00. There is now no excuse for oil drips and stinky oil smell off the cross over pipe. Please support the vendors that support this site.

With that said.
I must give credit, where credit is due.

First Place.
Turbokid14 Post #61
For those that don't know, this is Paul Castle's Silver Bullet.
IMHO, It has set the standard and been the sexiest engine for many, many years. I have a picture of it on my computer. I have stared at that picture probably for hours, trying to inspire myself of what is possible. I have seen it in person. And yes. The whole car is that sexy. Congrats Paul.
15965140_1314283345303774_7620390934138374737_n.jpg

Last edited:
2nd Place.

NY Twin Turbo Post #22
Joey Perrotta did an outstanding job on this car. I met Joey at Kirban's open house a couple years ago. I chewed his ass out because he didn't bring the car. Some day, I will see this thing in person.

1531113197662.png

Third place.
This is where it gets difficult.
I'm still trying to pick. Let me go over them for the tenth time.

Be right back. ;)

Maybe I missed it, are you picking a product as well? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I missed it, are you picking a product as well? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. This was never a contest for the best new product recommendation. Sorry if it wasn't clear. There were some great recommendations. One of them, I have already been tinkering on for a year. This is a double contest. Post your best picture of your Turbo Buick. First contest was with a flag. The other, of your engine compartment.

And the last, limited addition Carbon Fiber Drip-Lip goes to...

Last edited:
Once again, this is "Almost" a tie.

Between Mike Diaz historic twin turbo Buick
Mark Hueffman's ultra clean and sexy GN
And Boost231 (Brent's) engineering marvel.

Well,
First of all. I'm going to eliminate one...

Brent (Boost 231) is a close friend of mine. He helps run the Bates Nut Farm car show and he tunes my car. he's going to have to buy me lunch and I'll give him a CF Drip-Lip. Note: His car is more than qualified to win this thing. He and Nick Micale spent years leaving no stone unturned. I have seen it in person. The photos don't do it justice. Thank you for all you do for this Turbo Buick community sir.

Mark Hueffman / TR Customs Parts is a long time supporting vendor on this site and I've got tons of his stuff on my car. I've been drooling over his GN for decades. I hope to get to see it some time.

3rd place goes to Mike Diaz in post #85
Mike. Please tell everyone here of the historical significance of your car.
It has been in many magazines.

1531116450511.png

Mike's engine is unique and I really like seeing something different. Way to go Mike congrats on the win well deserved..

It’s hard to argue the logic of those choices! Many a engine bays are modeled after that silver bullet including mine. Congrats guys!