No forward or reverse

jimbow

A little back round. I just got my car on the road this week, the tranny has about 150 miles since the rebuild. I was driving it tonight, everything was fine, no noises or anything. I was slowing down because the traffic infront of me had stopped, then I started to accelerate and I heard a loud thump, and I lost power. I drifted into a parking lot. Got out looked under the car, no leaks, checked the shift linkage, that was fine. I ended up having the car towed home. The tranny is under warranty I just have to pull it. Lol. So my question is, does anyone have a clue about what's wrong with it? Just curious. Thanks jom

Tv cable is fine. I pulled the tranny. I put it in gear, the input spins freely and the output will not move lol. So Ssedan I think you nailed it. I took it to my tranny guy, he said he'll pull it apart and see what's broke. So what else should I replace? Billet front drum? What else. What brakes on these trannys? I have a ta49,injectors,chip,exhaust the basic stuff.

With the tranny in gear the input spins but the output shaft stays still. I can hear a clicking inside the tranny while spinning the input. Could that be pump failure?

This is what you broke.

Attachments

• 200-4RDrum.gif
    200-4RDrum.gif
    20.5 KB · Views: 219
Get the billet drum (which is the one shown). Trust me, you wont break it!!!!

Billet drum is all you need !!!!! My trans has a billet drum with over 15 k on it built by dave husek turbo buick perf all abuse miles

In reality....Very seldom. Until you start making huge amounts of HP, in excess of 700+

I've broken a few input shafts, and I am not at 700hp with the car that the input shaft repeatedly broke in, the car is super heavy though, well over 4,000lbs with me in it. Lots of stereo crap etc. Actually this weekend I shifted under boost from 2nd to 3rd and nothing, felt like it went to neutral. I dont have reverse or fwd gears. I believe I broke the fwd drum shaft, but have not taken it down yet to check. I am so tired of breaking these 200's.

Regards,
Shev

Debris in the center support blocking lube feed to the front planet can cause the planet thrusts to fail and seize taking out the sun, planet and input shaft. Thats a rare occurance tho..... Bet its the forward drum

I've broken a few input shafts, and I am not at 700hp with the car that the input shaft repeatedly broke in, the car is super heavy though, well over 4,000lbs with me in it. Lots of stereo crap etc. Actually this weekend I shifted under boost from 2nd to 3rd and nothing, felt like it went to neutral. I dont have reverse or fwd gears. I believe I broke the fwd drum shaft, but have not taken it down yet to check. I am so tired of breaking these 200's.

Regards,
Shev

Who rebuilds your transmissions?

It was a PMAC trans. Mike Kurtz did all he could to help on this when it had happend years ago, he even sent me a hardened input shaft at his cost when it broke the 2nd time. He is upstanding guy. The thing is that it can break at less than 700hp levels. My low 10sec car also has a PMAC trans in it and no problems with input shaft there. What broke over the weekend seems like it could be the fwd drum but I would not know until I pull it and check.

Regards,
Shev

Well just got off the phone with my trans guy. The front drum is what broke. You guys are good. Lol

So are all the billet drums the same? I need to order one asap but I need to know which one fits, I've read that some need to be machined???