NVU gauge cluster installation.

Thanks Steve I'm going to be getting back to this soon. Hopefully I can do it!

Bill

Believe me when I say you can do this. It does look to be overwhelming ( all these wires) just remember one wire at a time and you will be fine. When I got my dash apart I did say to myself why in the hell did I buy this. I had never did anything like this before. After all was said and done it really was not that bad. When you start and you need to talk, PM me for a phone # and I'll help.

Ray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you use Teflon tape on sender? I believe it is self grounding?

Has anyone had any issues with the fuel gauge fluctuating? Mine has some major swings in the reading. I installed a new sender at the same time I installed the gauge as my old one had a dead spot. Caused me to run out of gas once.

Did you use Teflon tape on sender? I believe it is self grounding?

Has anyone had any issues with the fuel gauge fluctuating? Mine has some major swings in the reading. I installed a new sender at the same time I installed the gauge as my old one had a dead spot. Caused me to run out of gas once.

Mine has two posts in the oil sender. Didn't the direction say that it had to be grounded? Yes my fuel needle bounces when turning, stopping, and vigorously accelerating

Mine has two posts also. He is how I have mine hooked up. Only one wire used.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433705851.482597.jpg

Lol.... Glad I could help! Now go drive that thing! If you could figure out a way to make the speedo accurate without the gps sensor.... Lol

Lol.... Glad I could help! Now go drive that thing! If you could figure out a way to make the speedo accurate without the gps sensor.... Lol

I love the GPS accuracy. It was easy to install only left now is wire the ECM to the trans sensor.

I have been considering it. Mine was bouncing around like crazy, but last time I drove it it seemed like it was pretty steady, just inaccurate. I will try to calibrate a few more times. If that doesn't work, I will go to the GPS. Tired of using the Scanmaster for my speedo... Lol

Yes had same issue with oil pressure they sent me a second sender and no luck. Finally had to make me a new oil pressure gauge and all good. My speedo jumps like crazy after 45 and my fuel constantly floats around but I don't see a fix for that stuff?

Yea I am with you there.... A little damping on the fuel gauge would go a long way

I have no grounds hooked to my sender. The sender is self grounding through the threads on the body.

Ok. Thanks guys. It's not very encouraging to know one of the few things I did do for this install is wrong! Lol. I'll remove the ground and hook mine up the same as yours. Thanks again! Bill

Anyone having issues with there fuel gauge? I had my car out yesterday and it still read 1/4 full but I was out of gas on the side of the road. This is also the second time this happened. Anyone else experience the same thing with the fuel level gauge?

Anyone having issues with there fuel gauge? I had my car out yesterday and it still read 1/4 full but I was out of gas on the side of the road. This is also the second time this happened. Anyone else experience the same thing with the fuel level gauge?

Yea the fuel gauge is not worth a shit, oil pressure at idle not worth a shit. Oil pressure check with a mech. Gauge shows 20 # at idle hot, NVU gauge shows 5# at best. However at speed hot they both are about the same 45-50#. Have not ck the temp yet but will. Speedo is dead on. Tach is close

Sounds like we were sold some bottom of the line gauges for top $$$