NVU gauge cluster installation.

The check engine light is the SES it has an entire separate bulb socket that you disconnected at the dash. Those two wires attach to the wires on the socket. Either cut or splice in.
And the seat belt has a dedicated ground just for the seat belt it is in the C1 connector. That ground goes to the chime module and the seat belt connection by the seat. The chime will not come on if the seat belt is fastened. If you ground it to anything else it will never work.
This is a pretty hard install for a non electrical person if you have a friend that is good with car stereo or stuff like that see if they would be willing to help.

Any ideas here anyone? I hooked up the green wire/fuel sender from harness 1 to Pink C1 on factory harness and I am not getting the fuel indicator to light up nor do the sweeping motion that the rest of the gages do when you turn the key to the on position?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

This is what I get after hooking up the c1 pink to the green wire on the plug 1 harness? No power the the fuel indicator no sweep either?

Attachments

• 2014-07-02 20.46.30.jpg
    2014-07-02 20.46.30.jpg
    572.2 KB · Views: 240
  • 20140702_203826.jpg
    20140702_203826.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 397
Verify the little plug in the back of the gauge is pressed in good. Then look to see if the green wire at the NVU connector is unbroken and the metal contact connector in the case isnt pushed back.

- I do say those Redline series gauges look great...

Definitely have a close look at the connections, especially to the LED warning lights. One of mine had come disconnected underneath their shrink wrap. I had a hard time getting the wire soldered back onto the LED leg

To add to Led thing..... I also found a bad Led on my high beam indicator after everything was wired. I took it out and tested it still did not work. NVU did send me a new on fairly quickly

Do you still need the 2 pulse speed sender to the vss if your using the GPS sender for the speedometer?

Great. Thanks to you I'm going GPS. I'm sure the bouncing needle would've drove me crazy...

I couldn't take it. There may be another solution but the GPS works like a champ

My needle didn't bounce but my 2 pulse sender is giving erratic signals to the ECM I bought mine used and I guess i got burned on that...... I ordered another one.
I did clearance the floor pan with a mallet so there was more room for the senders.

I am running JTR sender.......... which is working out great for me. The other sender has my Speedo doing all sorts of crazy things. It is bouncing at times or just way off at others.

That is the same one that I used for my 2 pulse. This is the one I used for the NVU Speedo that I am having issues with:
$(KGrHqFHJBkE-fbpSHq8BP)9o)wPvQ~~60_58.JPG

My 2 cents… for those of you who haven't bought the 16 pulse sensor yet. You may want to just skip it and buy a GPS sender. I got sick of the bouncing needle at lower speeds. The GPS sender is smooth. Also for those tracking down weird problems i had a few wires not properly crimped and not connected… OH and i had to re-pin a connector because they put a PIN in the WRONG spot….so double check schematic with your plugs and make sure the pins are right on BOTH plugs. Other than that i am sooooooooo happy to have gotten rid of that old UGLY gauge cluster. i will post some pics later.

aaron

How about an updated schematics and highlighted areas that have been of concerns? I have not had the courage to tackle this yet.