NVU gauge cluster installation.

With the GPS sender installed the speedo is now smooth as silk at any speed. The one I'm using is AutoMeter 5289. The receiver is approximately 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" x 1/2" thick and is lying on the dash beside the speaker grill. It was a very simple install. I just cut the wire harness coming off the sender from the transmission up near the dash and attached the new unit to those wires that are going to the gauges.

With the GPS sender installed the speedo is now smooth as silk at any speed. The one I'm using is AutoMeter 5289. The receiver is approximately 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" x 1/2" thick and is lying on the dash beside the speaker grill. It was a very simple install. I just cut the wire harness coming off the sender from the transmission up near the dash and attached the new unit to those wires that are going to the gauges.
Good to hear. I might go that route as well….

aaron

Cruise still work?

The cruise and VSS output is a 2 pulse sender. The one for the speedo is a second sender that puts out 16 pulse signal

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The cruise and VSS output is a 2 pulse sender. The one for the speedo is a second sender that puts out 16 pulse signal

So you do still need a sender attached to the tranny as well as the gps sender. Any way to convert the 16 pulse to a 2 pulse like the casper module does?

You can see the cruise indicator is on in the video. During the video toward the beginning you'll see me switch the running lights on which lights the dash. Also notice the Alky indicator as boost comes on

This is as far as I've been able to get any help/ tips/ advice would be greatly appreciated. All I've been able to wire is what's been shown more or less on NUV instructions paper.

Attachments

• 20140701_172811.jpg
    20140701_172811.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 191
  • 20140701_172741.jpg
    20140701_172741.jpg
    919 KB · Views: 182
  • 20140701_172651.jpg
    20140701_172651.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 183
I see some wires spliced could use some tape to insulate from the other wire splices. Other than your current progress just go step by step one function at a time to wire. for example work on connecting the brake light and stay on that until it is completed, than pick another function go down the line checking them off. Re read a lot of this post there are some things that needed to be wired different than the instructions like the seat belt light. and volt light needs special attention.

OK will do that Steve but where can I translate what these missing wires go to from the actual car harness?

On the first page of this thread there are some schematics that show where all the connections go.

On the first page of this thread there are some schematics that show where all the connections go.
Sorry Steve I'm not a electrical type of guy so please be a little patient with me. Just would like a example of where to look. I attached a picture so you can see where I'm stuck just leading me in the right direction and I can read through what I need to. For example Black SES neg going to Brown/White-Separate socket???? What or where is that because I do not find that wire on my harness? Also Brown-seatbelt neg to Black-didcated gnd is that (ANY) solid dedicated ground?

Sorry Steve I'm not a electrical type of guy so please be a little patient with me. Just would like a example of where to look. I attached a picture so you can see where I'm stuck just leading me in the right direction and I can read through what I need to. For example Black SES neg going to Brown/White-Separate socket???? What or where is that because I do not find that wire on my harness? Also Brown-seatbelt neg to Black-didcated gnd is that (ANY) solid dedicated ground?

Attachments

• 1404274602097.jpg
    1404274602097.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 148