NVU gauge cluster installation.

How about an updated schematics and highlighted areas that have been of concerns? I have not had the courage to tackle this yet.

Schematic is the same. Just look over the connections on your plugs. Make sure the crimps are good.

aaron

I got my new 2 pulse sender yesterday. Installed it and it is working fine but now the speedometer needle jumps. I wasnt able to get the 2 pulse sensor on as tight as the first installment. I need a 1 inch stubby wrench and I think that will remedy the problem. Because my needle was NOT jumping before.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have my 2 wire VSS hooked up a little differently. The stock VSS is located inside the speedo. The wires go from the back of the speedo to the VSS buffer which is located near the left edge of the climate control and well hidden. I've pulled it down in the picture. The wires that ran to the speedo are the black, red and green wires on one end of the VSS. Simply cut those wires and tap into the black and green wires going into the buffer. The red wire isn't used.

3 wire yes to the orange on #2.

Think of the 2 VSS's as never talking to each other. The 2 wire talks to the ECM and cruise control. The 3 wire only talks to the new speedo.
Finally on last step. I am a bit confused here I have a analog dash so am I supposed to cut and tap into the red and black wires to get my 2 wire hooked up or completely disconnect the buffer and tap and connect to the brown wire harness behind the buffer?

Finally on last step. I am a bit confused here I have a analog dash so am I supposed to cut and tap into the red and black wires to get my 2 wire hooked up or completely disconnect the buffer and tap and connect to the brown wire harness behind the buffer?

That is what I did, and mine works fine. However I think I'm the only one that has the short sweep dash. Don't know if it is like what everybody else has. Also I used the two wire pulse sender, have not had any issues with the speedo jumping around

OK think I finally got all this set up except for the oil pressure gauge?? The funny part is once I press the little red test button to set warning hi/lo the back light stays solid so I'm guessing this has to do with the settings options? I read the manual but can someone tell me in simple terms how to adjust these gauges? I know you hold and let go for 5 seconds here and there but seems a bit confusing when reading their instructions? Any help is greatly appreciated? Also 1 more question I have 5 of those little test buttons which all have a red and black but there is 1 switch that has 3 colors red black and green which gauge does that test button belong too?

Attachments

• 20140716_211831.jpg
    20140716_211831.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 313
How about an updated schematics and highlighted areas that have been of concerns? I have not had the courage to tackle this yet.
I am also getting ready to install my gauges. I am considering taking it to a auto electric shop. Can anyone give me an idea how long they believe the install would take? Nobody else has ever worked on my car but I am afraid to tackle this although I want to. I am average at best when it comes to the electrical side of my car I really don't want to have the car off the road for more than a few days.

TIA

OK think I finally got all this set up except for the oil pressure gauge?? The funny part is once I press the little red test button to set warning hi/lo the back light stays solid so I'm guessing this has to do with the settings options? I read the manual but can someone tell me in simple terms how to adjust these gauges? I know you hold and let go for 5 seconds here and there but seems a bit confusing when reading their instructions? Any help is greatly appreciated? Also 1 more question I have 5 of those little test buttons which all have a red and black but there is 1 switch that has 3 colors red black and green which gauge does that test button belong too?

Im guessing you already set your low warning for Oil pressure…. in that case its working perfectly. It has ZERO oil pressure while not running and is letting you know that it is below your set threshold. Start it up and the Red should disappear.

aaron

Im guessing you already set your low warning for Oil pressure…. in that case its working perfectly. It has ZERO oil pressure while not running and is letting you know that it is below your set threshold. Start it up and the Red should disappear.

aaron
No once I turn the car on the red light stays flashing. The only way for me to get the red to stop flashing is by me pressing the little red test button. :( What I've also noticed is my indicator lights (seat belt icon/brake/check engine) are really dim anyone else experiencing this problem? Really only visible at night time?

Do you remember what you set the limits at? I think you probably just need to reset it.
As for indicator lights I am able to see mine, they probably should have just made all the icons a little bigger.... I've got other issues as some of mine are hidden by the dash bezel :/ oh well still looks 1million times better than stock

Also 1 more question I have 5 of those little test buttons which all have a red and black but there is 1 switch that has 3 colors red black and green which gauge does that test button belong too?
It's for the fuel gauge calibration - see page 8 of the manual

I need help PLEASE!!! I'm just now trying to install my NVU cluster that we bought last year. I took my car to my friend who is a top notch electrician. The instructions don't seem to be very helpful as to installing these gauges. I was hoping one of you guys on here that has done the install already will be willing to mentor us so I can get this done. Was there ever comprehensive instructions done by anyone? Will someone give me their phone number to call about specific questions or problems? My friend understands all the technical terminology so I'm sure we can get it done with some guidance and clarification about the confusing parts. I would be so grateful if someone would be willing to hold our hands and guide us through this! Thanks in advance! Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need help PLEASE!!! I'm just now trying to install my NVU cluster that we bought last year. I took my car to my friend who is a top notch electrician. The instructions don't seem to be very helpful as to installing these gauges. I was hoping one of you guys on here that has done the install already will be willing to mentor us so I can get this done. Was there ever comprehensive instructions done by anyone? Will someone give me their phone number to call about specific questions or problems? My friend understands all the technical terminology so I'm sure we can get it done with some guidance and clarification about the confusing parts. I would be so grateful if someone would be willing to hold our hands and guide us through this! Thanks in advance! Bill

Which unit did you buy? PM 87gnsteve

Yes my indicators suck. I can't see most of them and the high beam I can't see at all. The high beam led was a replacement sent to me from NVU and it is not as bright as the others. My fuel gauge bounces around like crazy and I still have not got my speedometer to read correct. Good thing I have a scan master to read mph. Other than those things it is a decent looking piece

Did you get it prewired or where you have to wire it?

image.jpg

Is there anyone that sell the dash plate like this? I only want 3 gauges in my dash. Tach, fuel, speedo. And keep all the idiot gauges.

Read this:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/nvu-gauge-cluster-installation.406376/
Lots of instructions and members input on the install.