You can type here any text you want

Pictures after car lowered...Belltech 5100s, Moog 5658s, Howe ball joints

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

murphster

After getting tired of the car sitting too high all around with cargo springs from Kirbans, earlier this year I decided to look into lowering the car. After searching this site I decided to go with Belltech 5100 springs in the rear and Moog 5658 springs up front. The front was still a little too high for my liking so I got the taller Howe ball joints from Savitske Classic & Custom. Finally got around to shooting some pictures today.

What do you think?

Attachments

• WhiteT_3.jpg
    WhiteT_3.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 801
  • WhiteT_1.jpg
    WhiteT_1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 793
  • WhiteT_2.jpg
    WhiteT_2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 786
The pictures are a little dark so I brightened up the originals so you can see the tires better.

FYI, I have 26x7.5 Mickey Thompson Sportsmans Fronts up front and 275/60 Mickey Thompson drag radials out back on 15x8.5 rims with a 5" backspace.

Attachments

• WhiteT_5.jpg
    WhiteT_5.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 793
  • WhiteT_6.jpg
    WhiteT_6.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 792
Murph...

IMO...It sits just right!

Hope my car sits like that when I'm done. Love the look of Convo Pros on Regals too. Looks Killer!

Looks good, any chance to run it at the strip with this set up? And if you did how did the car do?

Looks good, any chance to run it at the strip with this set up? And if you did how did the car do?

I didn't get a chance to hit it hard off the line with the new suspensioin setup because I was playing with launch settings on the boost controller. Still went 10.38@131.65mph with a 1.63 60ft though. Went straight and felt good, handles better too. Hopefully soon I'll make some passes hitting it harder and will see how it hooks. I'm hoping for low 1.4 60fts next time out.

I like that stance too, I have 15x8.5s in the rear with 275/50 MT DRs. I'm concerned about contact. What are your thoughts?

I like that stance too, I have 15x8.5s in the rear with 275/50 MT DRs. I'm concerned about contact. What are your thoughts?

I have a 5" backspace with a frame notch, so no clearance issues for me. With the 3 3/8" backspace you'll rub on the outer lip unless they are rolled. And even if they are rolled they usually rub on one side if the rear is not centered perfectly, which is typically the case. Put in airbags and keep 15+ psi in them then no problem, however the car will be pretty high out back.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

hello people; I think it's lookin good. Any before pics? It will help in handling but I don't know about a straight line.
Off the subject I kinda like that stone driveway. I need a new on and it's not very big. I was thinking of granite in a smallish stone form. Could you tell me more about the stones your using and how long have you had them?
thanks
IBBY

Nailed it, looks great. What are your wheel well heights F&R?

26 1/2" in the rear, 25 3/8" up front. The rear tires are 28" tall so it looks like a mini tub out back since 1 1/2" of tire is tucked under the wheel well. I was probably at 29" and close to 27" on the old cargo springs with the same tires.

Sorry, don't know much about the stones in the driveway but its been there about 1 1/2 years.

Back