Quickest & Fastest GN Running a Completely Stock Engine on Alky & Mods?

ya'll have to admit, these motors and take a beating!!!

just keep them from knocking with a good tune and WOW!!!

JD

My rosewood limited went 11.36 on drag radials and pump gas with alky with an all stock long block. TE62 turbo, CAS V4, and 60# injectors

Sent from my Droid using Turbo Buick
Sa-weet man , I use the RJC 325 Mega cooler, this thing is a monster! I'm looking to go that quick and possibly quicker if possible.

Thanks man. The rest of the combo is CAS V4, RJC plate, Alkycontrol, upgraded fuel system, boxed LCA, Hellwig bar (same 60's as airbags), 255/60/15 MT ET Streets, built trans, shorty cold air, WB, scanmaster, 60s, Bailey Extender chip with LT1 MAF/trans, 3" RJC DP, good alternator set to 14.5volts, upgraded grounds, stock: rear, TB, intake, headers/crossover, brakes (vacuum boosted). And other miscellaneous doo-dads that don't affect performance. Not all of this is needed either. My Dutt neck intercooler worked well; I just always wanted a CAS V4 for my next turbo and one came up for sale. I never did 118+ before though and that was the only change so it may have helped. I use marginally less alky, but not much change.
Right on man I have most of those sweet parts too but I have the RJC 325 Mega Cooler and RJC power plate with the stock TB and intake and RJC pulleys too here is a pic of the engine and my home made cold air intake setup.
Ok my iPad is not letting me upload the pic, oh well sorry but it's great to see others who love these cars going fast and having fun doing it. =)

Jeff

RJC has some the best products for our cars and Jason makes sure they all work great before he sells anything to Us !!!!

JD

On propane alone (with lower timing (~18*)) 12.1 @ 113mph (and before the TH400 (and brake)) on heavy 17x9.5s w/M&H RaceMaster DRs; the car was pushing 27+psi at the time. Now it is running at 30psi with alky (E85) and a lot more timing (~22-23*).

Mods in the signature.

On propane alone (with lower timing (~18*)) 12.1 @ 113mph (and before the TH400 (and brake)) on heavy 17x9.5s w/M&H RaceMaster DRs; the car was pushing 27+psi at the time. Now it is running at 30psi with alky (E85) and a lot more timing (~22-23*).

Mods in the signature.

Your running propane?

I've never ran race gas or slicks. Always running meth injection on the street and track. I run mid 11's comfortably with best of 11.2 and 1.5x sixty footers on drag radials and top end of 119mph. I did have to replace the cam after wiping out the stocker. Mlld street cam installed. Stock heads etc. Manage the state of tune and closely watch how the bad boy is performing and these cars are amazing.

I've never ran race gas or slicks. Always running meth injection on the street and track. I run mid 11's comfortably with best of 11.2 and 1.5x sixty footers on drag radials and top end of 119mph. I did have to replace the cam after wiping out the stocker. Mlld street cam installed. Stock heads etc. Manage the state of tune and closely watch how the bad boy is performing and these cars are amazing.

Nice man but what happened to the stock cam, how did it get whipped out?

Normally stock cams go because of today's oil's!!!

they took out all thr zinc that used to be in oil.

thats why Richard Clark came up with ZDDP additive for all older cam's. It's GREAT STUFF!!!!

JD

Nice man but what happened to the stock cam, how did it get whipped out?

Higher pressure valve springs plus modern syn oil did it in. No internal damage or related problems ever. Freakin kick butt engine. Alky injection is the absolute greatest mod.

That's a FIRST!!!

Love to hear more about that!!

Ask Jay Carter he designed the system ;) Seriously though it is just a 5lb tank and a nitrous jet with a solenoid in between.

Just to be clear the car is running propane, e85 through an old SMC kit and there is a "yet to be used" nitrous fogger on there too.

Heard of diesel trucks usin propane

So car runs on e85 and use propane so u can turn up the boost

JD

Heard of diesel trucks usin propane

So car runs on e85 and use propane so u can turn up the boost

JD

It's been really hot here lately and I want to go and tune my car, but in this heat I feel tuning will be nul when the air gets cooler so I'm waiting for cooler temps. What temp,do you tune in prefferably?

It's been really hot here lately and I want to go and tune my car, but in this heat I feel tuning will be nul when the air gets cooler so I'm waiting for cooler temps. What temp,do you tune in prefferably?

If you can make it run well in the heat, then it'll run well in the cold too; you'll just need to add some fuel to compensate for the better air.

If you can make it run well in the heat, then it'll run well in the cold too; you'll just need to add some fuel to compensate for the better air.

Well I meant 100 degree outside ambiant temp, I want to tune the car the best way possible and what I have currently is a scan gage and a new TT Alky chip running 91 on Razor's kit. I set my Fuel pressure to 43 psi to start and my tps where Erric says to set it and off I go. I'm considering getting a power logger from Erric too to make changes easier and see everything in real time. Any suggestions ?