Quickest & Fastest GN Running a Completely Stock Engine on Alky & Mods?

Well I meant 100 degree outside ambiant temp, I want to tune the car the best way possible and what I have currently is a scan gage and a new TT Alky chip running 91 on Razor's kit. I set my Fuel pressure to 43 psi to start and my tps where Erric says to set it and off I go. I'm considering getting a power logger from Erric too to make changes easier and see everything in real time. Any suggestions ?

Lot's of people really like the powerlogger. I haven't gone in that direction yet; just a scanmaster for me. I like things simple.

Lot's of people really like the powerlogger. I haven't gone in that direction yet; just a scanmaster for me. I like things simple.

I think I may go that route at some point, I mean it's really cheap for all that you get.

I went 10.87@125 on an unopened engine on 93 and alky Boost right at 30 1.51 60ft.

I took the car out for some T&T and got 830s in 3rd gear on the O2 with 0 knock.
I then took out some fuel in all gears from the stock setting of 128 on my scan master down to 119 bringing the fuel down to 800s.
I also added 3.5* of timing in 1&2 gears only For a total of 26.5* and made another pass with still no knock and I'm using 91 oct with Alky with the gain nob on 4. I'm doing these runs out on a back road a few miles out of town so I made my runs then headed back home to not wear out my welcome. More T&T needed for sure.

What were your timing in 1&2 gears and high gear when you ran the 10:80 ETs? I'm using a
Alky TT chip I bought new a couple weeks ago from Eric. I want to run the very same mph you did at 125 if I can.

Hmmmm ok I have 26.5 and the car pulls steady with no knock but dont feel that strong to me.

I only run about 20 degrees timing now and 25lbs with ported heads.

If I were you I would run about 21-22degrees and turn the boost up. Even 20 degrees is fine.

Hmmmm ok I have 26.5 and the car pulls steady with no knock but dont feel that strong to me.

You may need to verify your real timing with a timing light to know what you really have going on. The relucter rings are known to vary and sometimes quite a bit with aftermarket balancers. I don't see anything about your combo in your sig to guess further. 26.5 degrees is a lot without race gas, even a stretch for alky if it really is 26.5 degrees. I run 19 in low gears and 17 in high gears and my car pulls awesome! But I have a BHJ balancer which are known to have a little advance in them already. I'll verify timing someday though now that I use the TR6 ignition module which makes it easy.

If I were you I would run about 21-22degrees and turn the boost up. Even 20 degrees is fine.

How do I make it pull harder through the gears from 1,2,3 without timing? My TT chip has 23* & 21* with 50# and 25lbs plus , it's Eric 7878 Alky chip running 91 Oct.

You may need to verify your real timing with a timing light to know what you really have going on. The relucter rings are known to vary and sometimes quite a bit with aftermarket balancers. I don't see anything about your combo in your sig to guess further. 26.5 degrees is a lot without race gas, even a stretch for alky if it really is 26.5 degrees. I run 19 in low gears and 17 in high gears and my car pulls awesome! But I have a BHJ balancer which are known to have a little advance in them already. I'll verify timing someday though now that I use the TR6 ignition module which makes it easy.

Hmm interesting, Eric set it up with 23* for 1,2 gears and 21 for 3,4 gear as a neutral,starting point.
The car only has 23,150 original miles on the odometer. You think the timing could be off?

I have had great luck with less timing
At 25lbs 22deg's at 29lbs 21deg's, works for me

JD

I'll,try that later on today, I'll,turn back the timing from 26.5 to 21* . It came with 23* and 21* striat from Eric to run 91 oct, I also leaned out the fuel in the chip because my scan master was showing 830s in high gear, It's now at 800s ...... I hear 750s to 770s is good for making power on pump gas running Alky ? So far I have around 25 psi in it according to the boost gage. I'm shooting for high 20s to 30 plus if I can. Razor told me that running Meth can give you 5 more psi then running denatured Alky? I ran denatured at first but the car was way rich and felt lazy in the low gears and each time the next gear hit it came with a sudden boost in power that quickly died down until the next gear hit and the same would happen. My G tech said 117.2 MPH at a lazy 12:72 et leaving like a toad. My car only has 23,150, original miles on the odometer...

Are boost Gage's known to be off as far as reading correctly? I have a Tubo link too but haven't used it, Jolio/Razor says its about as useless as tits on a bore because it reads too slowly. But isn't the scan master just as slow because they both read from the ALDL connector? I'm seriously thinking about a power logger when the funds come in. But I read some not so good things about that too???? I also noticed my adjustable boost controller by my right leg is maxed out it won't turn anymore to the right to increase boost!!! I have a GT 61 turbo supposed to be good for about 630 hp.... And a huge RJC 325 mega cooler inter cooler too... Any thoughts are appreciated. =)

Jeff

Yes the Turbolink is super slow. I wont tell you much since you will only get a handfull of frames to look at.

Try the defaults for timing 23/21 is probably a good start. Then start turning the boost up. If you get knock you may need to turn the timing down eventually. I have not found much difference in timing for the most part. But lower timing will help it not detonate. I would think 20 is the lowest you would need to go.

!st off boost guages are always off , You should diffentlly put a timing lite to varify timing and always start low and add.

Data is key to tuning, without it your just pi** in in the wind and hopeing for the best!!!

JD

Yes the Turbolink is super slow. I wont tell you much since you will only get a handfull of frames to look at.

Try the defaults for timing 23/21 is probably a good start. Then start turning the boost up. If you get knock you may need to turn the timing down eventually. I have not found much difference in timing for the most part. But lower timing will help it not detonate. I would think 20 is the lowest you would need to go.

Also my adjustable boost controller by my right leg is maxed out it won't turn anymore to the right to increase boost, it is maxed out so how can I get more boost?
I have a GT 61 turbo supposed to be good for about 630 hp,but I'm no where near that level.... And a huge RJC 325 mega cooler inter cooler too. So what else can I do to increase the boost without changing to a larger turbo? Something I notioced today is a little exhaust leak coming from somewhere but not sure where just yet, I'm sure I'm loosing pressure there.

!st off boost guages are always off , You should diffentlly put a timing lite to varify timing and always start low and add.

Data is key to tuning, without it your just pi** in in the wind and hopeing for the best!!!

JD

What the procedure for checking timing on these cars? Is there a timing connector or do I jump the ALDL, like on some non DIS cars to put it into adjustment mode? I never checked a DIS CAR timing before.

Is that all there is to tuning theses cars is minimal timing and getting the 02s to read somewhere between 750s to 780s? Is that the limit to the tuning and once I get those numbers that's all it's good for?
See I hear of guys running 10s with a stock unopened engine like yours was that ran in the high 10s but what got the car there? Can't be just getting those numbers spot on can it? Because the car feels really smooth through the gears but not as strong as it would be if I were making good power to run 10s. I need to run my G Tech to see where my MPH is to seemifmits really producing good power or not. I want to be around 123 to 125 mph then I know I'm in the right place for those kinds of ETs. I'm gonna get a EGT sensor to get readings there incase my O2s are off.
The trouble is if I'm not making thoses mph goals yet I'm already tapped out on boost because my adjustable boost controller is maxed out and won't turn anymore to get anymore boost! Any suggestions "Sweet6" ?

What the procedure for checking timing on these cars? Is there a timing connector or do I jump the ALDL, like on some non DIS cars to put it into adjustment mode? I never checked a DIS CAR timing before.
Old school hook up power sey on #1 plug and have a good mark on zero on your balancer

with car idealing you will see base timing

JD