ScanMaster How Much KR is Too Much?

ILikeSix

Boost is Good
Car is fairly new to me so I'm still figuring out the nuances with it. 87 GN FMIC, Exhaust, headers, CAI but stock internals. Running safely at 9-10PSI boost for now, ScanMaster is showing 800-820 at WOT but I've seen up to 6.3 degrees of knock retard:redface: Why should I see any at that level of boost:confused: Could it just be artifact from a noisy shortblock? Hot idle oil pressure is low(like 8-9) so main bearings are suspect:mad: More good news on a 'new' car...

Alan

6.3 KR could be low fueling issue. What fuel pump and regulator are you running.

I've always tuned for ZERO KR, Tell us more about your fuel system.

6.3 KR could be low fueling issue. What fuel pump and regulator are you running.

Sorry for the molasses slow resonse, I've been in SanFran for work the last 5 days, I'm ready to go home. Not my favorite city:frown:

It's an Accufab regulator (Bright blue cneter adjustment)and it seems to be rock solid and respond instantly to FP changes as the throttle position creates more/less vacuum. As far as the pump, PO says it's a 'new high volume' pump. Until I take the tank down and lay my hands on its guts, I really dont know:confused:.

Injectors? Is there a part # database here somehwere? I only know the numbers from the Chrysler stuff i've been playing with for 20 years:redface:...

Thanks 1fast and GS:cool: Question tho, with a reasonably high Scanmaster (820) O2 voltage, doesn't that tell me I have enough fuel flow?

Alan

Sorry for the molasses slow resonse, I've been in SanFran for work the last 5 days, I'm ready to go home. Not my favorite city:frown:

It's an Accufab regulator (Bright blue cneter adjustment)and it seems to be rock solid and respond instantly to FP changes as the throttle position creates more/less vacuum. As far as the pump, PO says it's a 'new high volume' pump. Until I take the tank down and lay my hands on its guts, I really dont know:confused:.

Injectors? Is there a part # database here somehwere? I only know the numbers from the Chrysler stuff i've been playing with for 20 years:redface:...

Thanks 1fast and GS:cool: Question tho, with a reasonably high Scanmaster (820) O2 voltage, doesn't that tell me I have enough fuel flow?

Alan

post the numbers up some one here is bound to know what they are.
820 O2s should be right.

with a reasonably high Scanmaster (820) O2 voltage, doesn't that tell me I have enough fuel flow?

Alan

Yes, those are good o2 numbers. What are your other readings? blm's, etc.
What is your fuel pressure set at with vac line off? When do you see the high kr's?