SD2/Powerlogger Pro general discussion

As long as you can tune the lean spot out using the chip parameters, then you're ok. Otherwise you might have to dig into the VE and AFR tables as Bob mentioned.

Something you mentioned above "I tuned it so it was on the rich side for when I turn the boost up to around 23-25psi." That is not necessary. The fuel will automatically increase as you turn the boost up. The fuel is not "fixed" at one boost level.

As long as you can tune the lean spot out using the chip parameters, then you're ok. Otherwise you might have to dig into the VE and AFR tables as Bob mentioned.

Something you mentioned above "I tuned it so it was on the rich side for when I turn the boost up to around 23-25psi." That is not necessary. The fuel will automatically increase as you turn the boost up. The fuel is not "fixed" at one boost level.
Ahh.. That makes sense now. Bob mentioned that a while back when I was talking about two different tunes at the track.
Thanks for the help guys.

It's for launching only. Some racers have found benefit to adding timing during the boost building/launch phase. Yes it is added to all other spark advance.

On Parameter 10 -
It says,
"If you want to quickly add some advance during launch conditions (under 2mph), use this adjustment. If you change it to "1", then 1 degree will be added at about 14psi boost and higher."

My Question - Does any amount you put into this parameter only work only work at 14psi or just "1"? I am asking because I cant make 14psi at the line so I am trying to advance my timing to make more boost.

It actually blends in starting at 0psi. So if you added 2 degrees, you would get 1 degree at approx. 7psi, and the full 2 degrees at 14psi and higher.

However, I doubt that it will help you build more boost. Try it out and see though.

Just ordered mine. I loved the SD chip. The SD2 sounds even better.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Im guessing they are testing it on their own cars right now

both eric and I are testing that stuff right now. It works really well, we are working out some user interface ideas, ethanol % display on the scanmaster, and some tuning ideas.

really soon guys.

Bob

both eric and I are testing that stuff right now. It works really well, we are working out some user interface ideas, ethanol % display on the scanmaster, and some tuning ideas.

really soon guys.

Bob
Are we going to get a different chip or just a download?

It will require an upgrade to an existing SD2 chip for the flexfuel option ($20, which includes shipping, etc), and a download/reflash. Future chips will have it built in.
We are pretty close.

flex.jpg

Eric,

Just got my SD2 setup running today on 91. This is in preparation for the TR event at Bates Nut Farm in Cali next month. This setup replaced my 6.1 setup for E85, but needed the 91 for the out of town trips. Sure will be nice when we can fuel swap on the fly!

Is there anything we can do now in preparation? What type of fuel sensor are you guys using and how do you have it integrated in to the fuel system?

Great news. I just ordered a SD2 chip and power logger for my car and will be converting it to E85 very soon. This would be great because I could still take road trips in the car without having to worry about where to get fuel.

Flex Fuel support is a game changer. Nice work guys. I figured it would be almost as simple as reading another input, and having another table or table modifier like a Haltec etc...

Sweet

Reading the percent of ethanol on the Scanmaster is cool! So I am assuming you would have to have several tunes saved for varying percentages from E10 to E85 and in between and load them as needed.

Reading the percent of ethanol on the Scanmaster is cool! So I am assuming you would have to have several tunes saved for varying percentages from E10 to E85 and in between and load them as needed.

I would think that it would blend between two tables in both the VE tables and the spark tables.