Stage 1, ta performace alum heads, blowing smoke and oil out of both breathers after fresh rebuild. less then 300 miles on engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not like I can snap my fingers and get someone to do a leakdown test I live in a city with 10 million people and every repair shop is packed.

It’s not like I can snap my fingers and get someone to do a leakdown test I live in a city with 10 million people and every repair shop is packed.
I'm very curious to find out what is causing the noise emanating from the engine.

Damn what city do you live in? Didnt know any had 10 million.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We will be at 1k in no time lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No exhaust leak just a rush job by Steve v. Rockers not adjusted on the passenger side. What a great guy he is. Lol.

No exhaust leak just a rush job by Steve v. Rockers not adjusted on the passenger side. What a great guy he is. Lol.

I was there when Steve adjusted the rockers. He took his time with every single one getting the preload just right and marking the poly locks. It was definitely NOT a rush job by any means. You can believe me or not, that’s your prerogative. But I was there and I know what I saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop it you sound silly. My friend had to adjust the drivers side. All you have to do is adjust them once and that’s it. Your making the matters worse. It’s a piss poor job.

Stop it you sound silly. My friend had to adjust the drivers side. All you have to do is adjust them once and that’s it. Your making the matters worse. It’s a piss poor job.

Whatever man. You sound like a great human being that is awesome to get long with and hold an adult conversation. I would love to meet you in person one day.

Yes unfortunately we ALL are. Ok done here. Just piece it out an call it a day. It is junk anyway. :poop: Sooo how long can this thread go ?? o_O
Apparently there's a run on shops that know how to do a leak down test. I feel sorry for whoever does get to work on this car. It could be a whole new thread on how that shop is a ripoff.:rolleyes:

well the clanging on the passenger side is getting worse. but with all the bs that has happened with this motor it does not surprise me. what else could go wrong.

well the clanging on the passenger side is getting worse. but with all the bs that has happened with this motor it does not surprise me. what else could go wrong.

Either way, that didn’t hurt anything and is a simple job. They will have to be readjusted again one day FYI

Either way, that didn’t hurt anything and is a simple job. They will have to be readjusted again one day FYI

u guys are out of ur minds. this guy paid about $10k to have a motor built and the rockers weren't adjusted. not to mention all the other mistakes. do you clowns hear what ur sayin. for real listen to yourselves. i could just imagine if it were one of u that this happened to.

u guys are out of ur minds. this guy paid about $10k to have a motor built and the rockers weren't adjusted. not to mention all the other mistakes. do you clowns hear what ur sayin. for real listen to yourselves. i could just imagine if it were one of u that this happened to.

How do you know they weren’t adjusted?

He never adjusted them. They were rapping so hard I had to take it to someone and he adjusted it. Driver side is fine. Mind you we did this in brutally cold weather outside when I first got my car back. Now I have to do the passenger side but can’t get to the valve cover off because the heater core plate is in the way. It’s to cold here to mess around now.

All I’m saying is I’ve had to readjust rockers in the past and it wasn’t because I didn’t adjust them right in the first place. And I had a time with Harland Sharps where I had to within 1000 miles of building the engine. There are some things that no matter how much money you spend on an engine, you still have to wrench on it to keep it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.