Stock ECM or Fast XFI???

I would have to agree with some on this board. If I were driving a 11 sec or slower car I would definately think about a chip with a MAF. If you are looking to get every ounce of performance out of your car an XFI would be the way to go.. Find someone who knows the system inside and out first! Just look at what Cal has done with my car and the XFI.. I couldn't be happier with the support he gives me on the XFI tuning.

so far 9.38 @ 147.39 and more to come!!

I'm getting the fast xfi setup done to my car right now, I'm thinking about buying one of my mechanics laptops he has for the fast xfi setup. But I need to find a laptop stand first.

Just think how FAST Melissa's car would be if she upgraded:biggrin:

it would have to start first :p ....sooo IF we went to a front mount intercooler (lots of guys suggested this) and a Fast system .. how fast would it go ??? 11s??? :p I tell ya what..went I dig out the Stage 2 here to put in whatever car I come up with maybe we will consider a Fast then .. should run easy 8s right :confused: :cool: better give me your cell and Cal's cell.. you guy's don't have caller ID do ya ???

Just think how FAST Melissa's car would be if she upgraded:biggrin:

:D, hey Otto how many S covered, .63 exhaust housing 67s went 138+? None of yours :) Even on spray!! There wasn't any more power there for a FAST to find..... Nice try :D

Cal, I know where to get a FAST if we ever want it...... Yeah dude....

:D, hey Otto how many S covered, .63 exhaust housing 67s went 138+? None of yours :) Even on spray!! There wasn't any more power there for a FAST to find..... Nice try :D

Cal, I know where to get a FAST if we ever want it...... Yeah dude....

Never had a Q-trim :p and only got 2 runs on my 67 setup
before i sold it.
Now go get your Fiance and have her stick up for herself:eek: :biggrin:

it would have to start first :p ....sooo IF we went to a front mount intercooler (lots of guys suggested this) and a Fast system .. how fast would it go ??? 11s??? :p I tell ya what..went I dig out the Stage 2 here to put in whatever car I come up with maybe we will consider a Fast then .. should run easy 8s right :confused: :cool: better give me your cell and Cal's cell.. you guy's don't have caller ID do ya ???

Hell,IM not sure why you keep bringing up starting?

Ive never had one not start :confused:

With the amount of ALKY you spray i recommend NO intercooler at all!

Russ has my cell,Call anytime.

I think FAST XFI is cool and have used it in the past.. Im a poor bastard and i'm not having any problems going mid 10's on pump/gas alky tune with a TT chip.

Its pretty much what ever you are more comfortable with using and tunning.
If you know FAST systems and know what you are doing its an awesome setup. Or dont mind calling for tech help, or have the patience of learning something new.

But if you have been playing with these turbo buicks for years using Direct Scan etc.. You can get it done with a good chip burner like Turbo Tweak..

9.37@141 with the Maft-Pro. Bob Bailey does the tuning. I guess I'm poor or just to cheap to buy that high $$$ stuff:biggrin:

Scott

Currently, I'm running the old Accel system but will be up-grading soon to the FAST system through Jack Cotton. One of the FAST features that gets my attention is the ability to dial-in an air/fuel ratio. As I understand it the FAST system will increase or decrease fuel + or - 25% to maintain a given air/fuel ratio and save the motor should the motor become lean while at the same time ensure optimum performance by maintaining that A/F ratio. I remember going to Bristol TN some years ago and watched Duttweiler run a 6.89 at over 200 MPH. He told me that the new FAST systems ability to maintain a given A/F ratio is saving these motors and assisting them in running incredible et's and MPH. I chatted with him briefly at this years GS Nationals and he told me that if he had his current motor and tune in the race car at Bristol he would have run 6.50's. However, I must also agree with Grumpy that you can run extremely well with a chip as he has demonstrated by running in the 9's with a very basic package. Red Armstrong is also another good example who runs mid nines with his own chip.

Hell,IM not sure why you keep bringing up starting?

Ive never had one not start :confused:

just busting BUT back in Nov @ Atco remeber when ya couldn't get Jim's car to start to get it off the trailer :eek: :p we watch you poor guys for a while then Melissa left in her car to drive to Dunkin Donuts for her morning coffee :D

<clip>

One of the FAST features that gets my attention is the ability to dial-in an air/fuel ratio. As I understand it the FAST system will increase or decrease fuel + or - 25% to maintain a given air/fuel ratio and save the motor should the motor become lean while at the same time ensure optimum performance by maintaining that A/F ratio.

<clip>

Just so you understand, FAST isn't the only system available to accomplish that task. There are a number of stand alone systems to accomplish that, plus my favorite method that even utilizes the stock ECM.
:wink:

Just so you understand, FAST isn't the only system available to accomplish that task. There are a number of stand alone systems to accomplish that, plus my favorite method that even utilizes the stock ECM.
:wink:

Just so you understand, FAST isn't the only system available to accomplish that task. It can even be done with the stock ECM, given the right add on's
:wink

That's the point Dave, you're original post, "given the right add ons" ;)
Is exactly my point and others, by the time you purchase the right add ons to try and do some of what the FAST can do.... what is the real investment. And can you do what a FAST does... not pickin on ya, just want accurate info passed along with all the details to be informed fairly. The bottom line is if we are chasing the FAST and what it's capabilties are, than why not just buy a FAST and be done with it... when I go to a restaurant and want a good steak... I'm not buying a hamburg and having them add mushrooms to it... :)