TAI Class for 2008 BG Nationals

This sounds very reasonable. The only thing that confuses me on this is why are we keeping it to only stock type blocks?? I mean if the class is this open only worried about weight, turbo, and pump gas mainly then who cares if it's a stage 1, or even a stage 2. Only thing you are really adding is less worries about splitting a block in half, no real power gains I know of.

Wrong, the issue is displacement. 231 vs 274 :redface: 8 head bolts vs 12 head bolts.. Ability to spin to 8500 RPM's..

If your theory held true, there would be 7 second 109's ;)

I kinda sorta see what you're saying, I want to be there too...Even though I'm gonna get beat up on by some 9 sec. cars.

So what? Aint that racing? And if there is enough turnout.. then you'll be competitive in the other portion of the class.

TSM for example.. typically doesnt always favor the fastest car. But the one that can go round after round. So becuase a car can run 9's... doesnt automatically make it the winner. And as fragile as these cars can be at times... its anyones race.

I'd rather get beat by a 9 second Buick and be racing than not have gotten beat at all... becuase I wasnt trying/racing.

Well people build 109's to around 250 all the time. Don't get me wrong there is an advantage there but if you guys really want to do a fast class then what's the big deal on about 25 cubes.

So what? Aint that racing? And if there is enough turnout.. then you'll be competitive in the other portion of the class.

TSM for example.. typically doesnt always favor the fastest car. But the one that can go round after round. So becuase a car can run 9's... doesnt automatically make it the winner. And as fragile as these cars can be at times... its anyones race.

I'd rather get beat by a 9 second Buick and be racing than not have gotten beat at all... becuase I wasnt trying/racing.

I wasn't complaining, I don't want this to be a 11 sec. class or anything, was just making a statement that I want to be there.

My biggest problem is the whole Q8 and everyone else is stuck in bracket. I don't know if a official decision has been made on any of this yet so I'm just trying to make sure I am clear on this point. BRACKET SUX.

I am not making the rules only commeting since I would like to race. Although I am losing interest because of the bickering which is one of the reasons I quit a long time ago. FIrst of all where was it written that this was a "street" class. I missed that "rule", as far as I know it was turbo alky/pump gas.
Mike

Oh and Mike no one made a rule that this was supposed to be a street class, but multiple people throughout this thread have stated that that's what it SHOULD be...And I agree.

I agree that this thread has probably gone on to long with not to many people agreeing on much, and I think it's about time that a decision is made so people can make plans.

Well people build 109's to around 250 all the time. Don't get me wrong there is an advantage there but if you guys really want to do a fast class then what's the big deal on about 25 cubes.

The 4 extra head bolts, the ability to spin the motor to 8500 RPM's, better oiling, better ability to handle the extra power, etc etc etc.. Day and night difference. Your thinking about being competitive.. and you want to allow Stage motors..

Scenario.. only 5 cars show for the event. you are in the quick8.. whats the problem?

You have 5 months. Plenty of time to step up your program :D

The 4 extra head bolts, the ability to spin the motor to 8500 RPM's, better oiling, better ability to handle the extra power, etc etc etc.. Day and night difference. Your thinking about being competitive.. and you want to allow Stage motors..

Scenario.. only 5 cars show for the event. you are in the quick8.. whats the problem?

Oh I'm not going to be competitive. I'll race and maybe get lucky but realistically being competitive is not something I can do in any class. I'm just giving my opinions on what the class should be, not trying to mold the class to make me be in the ball park.

Like I said before I think it should be a street class or a wicked hardcore stage class and with the less is more idea we are using on rules makes it pretty wide open for a lot of stuff to happen. I just think if we are going to leave the rules pretty open then why not let someone with a stage 1 race. Or we can make the rules more restrictive and keep the stage cars out.

Once again this is purely my opinion, just trying to get it all out there before a decision is made.

I get Alky Outlaw now, but keep the bracket racing part for us slow guys. ;) Make sure there is some $$ to win in this bracket and all will be good.

So far I am not eligible, I have no mufflers, my exhaust comes out in front of my rear tires and I don't have AC. :mad: :frown:

Mr. Razor, the 4 extra bolts are being used by many of the 109 crowd these days by drilling the top bolts and using head clamps on the lower bolt holes. The block does not make an engine able to spin 8500 RPM by the way. As for the better oiling of a Stage block being a reason to keep it out of this class does that mean you are also thinking of not allowing any of the external suction systems being offered for the production block?
Thanks, Kip

I get Alky Outlaw now, but keep the bracket racing part for us slow guys. ;) Make sure there is some $$ to win in this bracket and all will be good.

So far I am not eligible, I have no mufflers, my exhaust comes out in front of my rear tires and I don't have AC. :mad: :frown:

ummmm just have to meet a "weight" :confused:

Where did anyone say anything about mufflers and no ac.. As long as you meet weight.. you sir are in :)

Mr. Razor, the 4 extra bolts are being used by many of the 109 crowd these days by drilling the top bolts and using head clamps on the lower bolt holes. The block does not make an engine able to spin 8500 RPM by the way. As for the better oiling of a Stage block being a reason to keep it out of this class does that mean you are also thinking of not allowing any of the external suction systems being offered for the production block?
Thanks, Kip

Great... now bring the car and line it up.. we're all waiting ;)

And yes.. no Stage motors :D If you have a Stage motor.. run TSO :redface:

So is this an official race for the 2008 Nats? are these the official rules? I am sure we can get Shane to create a Turbo Alky race forum here for discussion in the section where the other race forums are.

Mike

Oh I'm not going to be competitive. I'll race and maybe get lucky but realistically being competitive is not something I can do in any class. I'm just giving my opinions on what the class should be, not trying to mold the class to make me be in the ball park.

Like I said before I think it should be a street class or a wicked hardcore stage class and with the less is more idea we are using on rules makes it pretty wide open for a lot of stuff to happen. I just think if we are going to leave the rules pretty open then why not let someone with a stage 1 race. Or we can make the rules more restrictive and keep the stage cars out.

Once again this is purely my opinion, just trying to get it all out there before a decision is made.

Collin.. you think too much. Bring the car and race it. Easy. Quit the bleeding :D

Minimal rules.. run what ya brung.. just meet the simple criteria.. there ya go.. it may end up nobody shows.. you race yourself and collect big $$$. But you cannot collect $$$ if you dont race :redface:

So is this an official race for the 2008 Nats? are these the official rules? I am sure we can get Shane to create a Turbo Alky race forum here for discussion in the section where the other race forums are.

Mike

Mike.. its being worked on as we speak. As soon as we have something official from the GSCA.. It will be posted. I just wanted to get the ball rolling and everyone on board in the same direction. Sounds like a really fun and creative class..

it may end up nobody shows..

JD and Melissa will show I am sure ... others better not just be "flapping" :eek: :rolleyes: :p oh it's snowing here.. another 4 or 5"s today.. so we have a good foot on the ground .. bench racing should be coming on soon ;)

Razor, it will be hard for anyone to race the class since it is so hard to get an answer. I asked a direct question of you and got no answer.
See ya, Kip

JD and Melissa will show I am sure ... others better not just be "flapping" :eek: :rolleyes: :p oh it's snowing here.. another 4 or 5"s today.. so we have a good foot on the ground .. bench racing should be coming on soon ;)

YOU CAN BANK ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks, Kip
Mr. Kip.. bring any oiling system you want, any fuel rail, any intake, any valve covers, any oil pan, any colored hoses, anything you want.

This class has very very very little rules. One being no Stage motors.

Does this clear things?