TAI Class for 2008 BG Nationals

Looks good to me. We'll be going way too fast but what the hell.....:cool

Limit turbos to 70 P-trims? That's rediculous......What is that, tough luck for all the 70GTQ guys? If we're going as high as 70 just make it any 3 bolt turbo.

agreed it should be any 3 bolt turbo.

I still think slicks should be aloud, but my e/t streets are DOT so sounds GOOD to me!!!!

WHO ELSE IS READY TO RACE!!!!!!!!!

thanks JD

Ok I have been quiet so far, but I guess I'll go ahead and put my opinions in on this.

I think it should basically be TSM rules, on pump gas and alky...Even though that means I'm gonna get my butt kicked...Bracket is for weiners I want to run heads up even if that means I'm getting kicked to the curb by a guy a second faster than me.

I'll be honest it has been a long time since I read the TSM rules so I'm sure some tweaks would have to be made.

If we can come up with some rules so I can work towards then this winter I am in for next year.

I will use the 88 if its rules ANY 3 bolt turbo.
I still stand by DOT tire,2004r trans,67max turbo
If the rules dont allow a hybrid,I am out anyway.
Il go just for the fun of running TNT and hanging out

Put your car on a diet Scott.........I'll have to buy a turbo too......I have a 71X.....

70GTQs will bring low/mid 140s which in my opinion is too fast for the class. It'll turn potential racers with low 11 high 10 cars away and we should avoid that at all costs. Someone with a high 10 sec car and a clue how to race a pro tree might just stay together all week and win the whole thing...... We should keep it in the 130s, low 10 high 9 zone and have fun. We don't need 70 turbos in my opinion.

Since most run 67s, I say we stay with those.....More thoughts?

Limit turbos to 70 P-trims? That's rediculous......What is that, tough luck for all the 70GTQ guys? If we're going as high as 70 just make it any 3 bolt turbo.

I guess you've changed your mind, now that I suggested a 70 turbo.... it didn't sound ridiculous yesterday.... but if that's what makes you happy today.. then it sounds great to me... :)

You guys are killing me. Dave E. wants to make this a TSM event on alky. Otto is threatening a 3 bolt 88 :smile: , friggin t-brakes and two steps. We already have the "poster child" :smile: to contend with. I think the rules should be set for REAL STREET cars, not racecars that have an alky kit. It looks like it's heading that way. 6 months is a while so I guess we'll have to see.

I like most of Re-Evaluatings post.

I like DOT only, slicks are not legal on the street and M/T are pretty damned close anyways.

Aluminum heads only getting a 150lb weight penalty is pretty weak, my 210cfm ported steels going up against the 280cfm max ported TA aluminums is gonna need more than .15 in possible E.T. I suggest a different method of deduction so the aluminum headed cars can still be light ( not lose potential cars to weight minimums ) but get hit like .2 deduction in E.T. for aluminums.

I still don't see why there isn't an agreed upon max turbo size and those beyond it get an E.T. reduction, you pretty much are already doing it to the aluminum/steel head cars if that rule sticks. The 67 would seem like a good max turbo point and those beyond it get some baggage, ex .1 deduction for every 1mm wheel size over. Otto's example of the T88 is right on, that car at 24psi will massacre but not if it has a 2.1 second deduction.

I guess you've changed your mind, now that I suggested a 70 turbo.... it didn't sound ridiculous yesterday.... but if that's what makes you happy today.. then it sounds great to me... :)

Like I said before, I still think it's too big a turbo for the class at this point BUT, there seem to be quite a few people that have 70s that want to run in the class. I've always been flexable on the turbo. If the 67 was the limit, I was gonna have to get a 67......I wasn't trying to help myself. However, if the turbo size is increased, passed the TSM limit, guess it doesn't matter I'm gonna need one anyway.....

I get a kick outta you wanting to run a T-400 :) I'm doing it with a 2004R with headlights on and the horn blowin........

Like I said before, I still think it's too big a turbo for the class at this point BUT, there seem to be quite a few people that have 70s that want to run in the class. I've always been flexable on the turbo. If the 67 was the limit, I was gonna have to get a 67......I wasn't trying to help myself. However, if the turbo size is increased, passed the TSM limit, guess it doesn't matter I'm gonna need one anyway.....

I get a kick outta you wanting to run a T-400 :) I'm doing it with a 2004R with headlights on and the horn blowin........

In a foot brake car running low 10s you dont need to spend 4gs on a trans IMO
4gs buys you peice of mind.
I am almost thinking NO trans brakes at this point.
Since when does a street car need a transbrake?
DOT only tires fur sure,If they are only a tick below a slick
then they shouldnt be a problem.
This is just my opinion,please dont take offense if i am against any rules you may like.

In a foot brake car running low 10s you dont need to spend 4gs on a trans IMO
4gs buys you peice of mind.
I am almost thinking NO trans brakes at this point.
Since when does a street car need a transbrake?
DOT only tires fur sure,If they are only a tick below a slick
then they shouldnt be a problem.
This is just my opinion,please dont take offense if i am against any rules you may like.

Na, don't worry about it....

It'll just come down to HP without a brake. Pretty much takes the driver out of it.......

Street cars

I like most of Re-Evaluatings post.

I like DOT only, slicks are not legal on the street and M/T are pretty damned close anyways.

Aluminum heads only getting a 150lb weight penalty is pretty weak, my 210cfm ported steels going up against the 280cfm max ported TA aluminums is gonna need more than .15 in possible E.T. I suggest a different method of deduction so the aluminum headed cars can still be light ( not lose potential cars to weight minimums ) but get hit like .2 deduction in E.T. for aluminums.

I still don't see why there isn't an agreed upon max turbo size and those beyond it get an E.T. reduction, you pretty much are already doing it to the aluminum/steel head cars if that rule sticks. The 67 would seem like a good max turbo point and those beyond it get some baggage, ex .1 deduction for every 1mm wheel size over. Otto's example of the T88 is right on, that car at 24psi will massacre but not if it has a 2.1 second deduction.

I have no problem looking at the 150 lb difference you may be right may need to be more or deducted in a different way. (just used Russ's numbers) CLEARLY Russ's fault.. ;) :biggrin:

I could be wrong on the 88 but the 5 second reaction time may make it closer than you think. IF and I say IF a ton of cars show (good thing) and some of them have big turbos and leave most of the pack in the dust then we create a Outlaw division (not a bad thing) determined by turbo size or what ever you want to use. I am not stuck on turbo size being any but would prefer not to have to buy a new one.

Not against your deduction idea on turbo size but will be difficult to police not really practicle if car count is good and turbo sizes are all over the map, speaking from experience in TSM.

I am fine with hybrids in the class they need a heads up class too.

I am not stuck on trans brakes I would prefer it was a foot brake class just trying to open up to racers who have already built cars and want a place to run.

I was not trying to write rules with my frist post just adjusted what Russ had posted with what I thought would attract more racers and be more fun to see.

Keep the ideas comming in my opinion this is a good thing, for what that's worth.

Who is currently organizing this class?? Julio??? Whom ever is please shoot me a pm or email. Thanks Dave

HTML:
I get a kick outta you wanting to run a T-400  I'm doing it with a 2004R with headlights on and the horn blowin........

Ya... me tooo... :cool: I prefer the 2004R, but if we are gonna run trans brakes, it doesn't make a differance what trans we use. Heck... I ran 9.70's 6-7 years ago off the foot brake with a 2004R... with the headlites on, the AC cranking and the radio blaring..... blowing the horn wasn't kewl back then... :p

As for the rules, guess I pretty much shared my thoughts, time to sit back and see where this goes. Hopefully Julio or someone is in charge and will come and organize this. Redundency is setting in...

Who is in charge of the class?

HTML:
I get a kick outta you wanting to run a T-400  I'm doing it with a 2004R with headlights on and the horn blowin........

Ya... me tooo... :cool: I prefer the 2004R, but if we are gonna run trans brakes, it doesn't make a differance what trans we use. Heck... I ran 9.70's 6-7 years ago off the foot brake with a 2004R... with the headlites on, the AC cranking and the radio blaring..... blowing the horn wasn't kewl back then... :p

As for the rules, guess I pretty much shared my thoughts, time to sit back and see where this goes. Hopefully Julio or someone is in charge and will come and organize this. Redundency is setting in...

I hear you Jack who is in charge or organizing it???? I might be interested in throwing my hat in the ring helping setting it up running it if needed. Hopefully someone will let me know who is who. I sent Julio a PM asking.

Just a short note, because this has already gotton too funny. The things you hear bandy'd about here.
I don't even run alky, for various reasons, but I was thinking... If there were a class where I could actaully be competative and have fun doing it, then it might be worth installing.

A heads up class aint going to get it. My car is hardly fast or quick, the most expensive piece on the whole car is a 10 year old CAS V2 FMIC.
On street tires and 93 it only runs low/mid 12's.
How could someone like myself (on an extremely tight budget) possibly hope to have fun racing a car (like for instance) like Grumpy's??

There's got to be some braketing, otherwise why even show up? Just to get my ass handed to me by a a whole slew of high $$$ big budget TSM (or similar) cars running alky?

How for instance could I compete against my friend Scot W. I've tuned that car, I know it's potential with the right tires, etc.
Trans brakes
slicks
multi stage boxes
timers
heads up, pro tree
etc.
No thanks.

For those interested in outlaw turbo racing using some form of bracketing, I'll be posting in the Southwestern section.

I would like to get involved and race this coming year so here are my thoughts GT6776 max size turbo (Jack we would need the specs for the Turbonetics version so that could be legal to be fair) It would be easy to say 70GTQ since so many were sold in the last year or two, I would go either way but I would prefer the 67. If it goes any three bolt I can tell you that there will be more than one 88 there. DOT tires, no slicks, any trans (just don't see the need for trans rules with DOT tires), full exhaust behind the tires, registration and license plates (street car), drive to gas sation to fill up maybe, quick 8 heads up pro tree, brackets for rest of ladder. Minimum weight 3550. Aluminum heads not a big deal IMO since 67 will not max them out anyway. Hybrids welcome but must make weight. Any ecm ok at this point in time we can give a guy as much in a stock ECM as a classic fast, so there is no real advantage those guys will have over a stock ECM car. If you limit the turbo, the tires and the weight the other stuff is not nearly as important.
just my opinion,

Mike

I have no problem stepping up like two years ago and running the class. I'll get working on getting in touch with Ron or Rich at the the GSCA.

I'm also going to put up $$$ for the class. No reason to have racers turn up the wick without there being a payout. If any other vendor wants to add to the kitty :).. the more the merrier.